Single AKB48 54th [NO WAY MAN] (2018/11/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name) Stage48 Donor

Yukirin still wows me. Yukirin is one of the oldest there yet she doesn't half-ass the dance *cough someone who debuted for 2 years* and now I really want her to stand in center at least once

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. GATX105

GATX105 Kenkyuusei

Just watched it -- it's good to see this version at least once. Saku only had this one chance to perform this and it's great that it was clean. She's much better than the old saku and considering we have to compare her performance with yoko8, stu-girl and naachan. There were many naachan versions but she generally performed better than saku imo except for two of the early ones where it seemed like she wasn't in sync. And of course yoko8 and stu-girl were just better dancers.

But what impressed me the most was how good honda was. It would have been nice to see honda with yokoyui. I think honda + nako were better than anyone in their positions except for when the stu girls were there but I'd consider honda as being on par and maybe even better than the annin-clone.

Anyway, this is great! Looking forward to next week -- I think it'll be 6 members each? WY, saku, neru, asuka, hori miona, yuiyui, naachan, and mion are probably locks for their respective groups.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Who’s that???

4. mai48_

mai48_ Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I loved Sakura's sharp gazes in the performance.

I didn't realize Hii had a bigger part than Nako in No Way Man. Is she in the 2nd position? Or I am wrong and it is Nako in 2nd position and I just happen to notice Hii more on that FNS performance? Anyhow, Hii looked and did great!

I applaud Yukirin for her performance. Cool, powerful and elegant. Just one thing I felt though, she seemed to be running in a hurry to the center and then back, a few times.

I would love to see Yokochan in the center once more.

5. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Who has been at Nako position beside the STU? Sasshi? Well...ummm, yeah of course. See our previous discussion. :^^;: Yuiyui? She is doing great in her position. Haven't really pay attention when she was at Nako's position. Guess I will revisit the videos.
    Honda has always been better than annin-clone [hehe] She even beat Yoko8 like...several times already.

6 each will be good I think. Like the last AKBNogiKeyaki song has balanced member but different costume style.
    Also, is this Aki-P's way to "integrate" izone to the family?

• Like Like x 2
  6. ryandtw

ryandtw Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    I thought not doing the full song is the norm when performing on TV (albeit with a few exceptions, but typically no full song performances on network TV shows, whether it's weekly like MSte or annual specials like FNS Kayousai)...

7. GATX105

GATX105 Kenkyuusei

Nako: other stu girl, yuiyui and sasshi
    Honda: annin clone, mion and yuki.
    Yah I agree yuiyui's been great and I like her expressions during the perfs. Mion did great in many perfs too. I thought sakura did well too but she has to be compared to the others who centered and her performance becomes sort of diminished so I just wanted to point out that nako and honda bring a net-positive to the FNS perf that had sakura -- so maybe break-even if you consider all three except when compared to the perf that had the stu girls?

Oh, beat yoko8 in what and where? If it's dance -- wow. Well yoko8 can't do the one or two hand front/back/side flip that honda can.

• Like Like x 1
  8. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    Best hit Kayousai: AKB48
    FNS: Akihabarazaka46

:^O^:

9. SunnyHighland

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Once in latest Team 8 training camp, where she comes out with the highest overall score. Though Yoko got better score in dancing.
    Once in Bunbun eito when they do a duet. Yoko8 broke down twice, and been scolded by Hii twice. [hehe]
    Those two did a dance collab in ABA festival once if I'm not mistaken.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. half23

half23 Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    I'm agreeing with what you said

11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishikawa Rei, Sakamoto Erena
    Start using the girls names. :hmm:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

sh---- I agree with you.

"What reality is this?"

Didn't you know stu-girl was her given name? :p

• Like Like x 2
  13. SunnyHighland

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    One thing I like from NWM performance is the formation that the center is not necessarily at the very front. I think there are 4-5 changes when the center of second and third line (Yukirin and Okabe) in #0 position, or there are two members in front of the center. Looks kind of neat.
    And now we can see the effect of having someone else filling in center position for the first performance. She will be compared a lot with the unders. In this case Jurina is luckier, no one ever performed #0 before her.

I think both are at #1 position on both side of #0. There are two possibilities why it turns out like that. Either Hii is taller and oranger than Nako, or the camerawork focus more when she is in front.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Aka

Aka Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Konno A.

Konno A. Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    So far I've liked every performance of this song lol. It was really great to finally see Sakura center and Hitomi+Nako beside her. But I gotta agree with some on here, Yukirin has been killing it. Her and Sasshi are some of the oldest members in AKB (not only in age, but seniority too) and yet they really give it their best each performance.

• Like Like x 1
  16. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

What happened to the STU girls who did the first live performance? I wanted to see more of them.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Upcoming Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    The Shadow or @nvmea knows

18. nvmea

nvmea Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Gyoten Yurina
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    the girls have consistently stated they were chosen for that one performance only. The same fact was (to an almost surprising degree) repeatedly expressed during the show and elsewhere. At any rate, I guess it might have been different were they actual AKB members. AKB has lately been doing a decent job of pushing their own girls to the front.

Both of the STU girls are also in a special STU performance unit which already has several performances scheduled for the next weeks. I'm pretty sure we're gonna see their own NWM at some point.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. anzai

anzai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I've noticed that too, not only in this FNS, but also in previous performances (and in the MV too).
    In FNS at 0:06 and 0:13 Yukirin seems to be running back and forth from her position in the second line to the front-right side.
    And I think that movement is really weird and unnecessary, moreover, she's the only one running around there. What's wrong with the choreography?
    And to make our old lady running around like that is just so....unconsiderate.
    I mean, they have a lot of other younger members to do that LOL

Anyway, loving this Sakura center performance. <3 <3 <3

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Miyawaki Sakura
    AKB48's 54th Single (NO WAY MAN) (2nd Week Sales)
    Week 2:
    4,492 (1,213,501) (9th)

• Like Like x 1