1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 56th [Sustainable] (2019/09/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. mickwserr

mickwserr Kenkyuusei

the only single that had lower 2nd day sale is Oogoe Diamond. btw is there a particular reason as to why some singles in the last couple of years sales better on the 4th day/Friday, like Jiwaru Days and Jabaja?

3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

It's now confirmed that AKB will be on CDTV on 21st September!

From STU's Twitter:

9/21 (Saturday) at 24:58〜
    TBS 『COUNT DOWN TV』
    #AKB48 will appear!!✨
    Make sure to check it out☺️!

001.jpg 002.jpg

Upcoming schedules for Sustainable promotions:

2019/09/21 CDTV
    2019/09/27 Buzz Rhythm 02

• Like Like x 1
  4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Late shipment of theater CD's presumably.

Sales of limited edition CDs must be tiny these days, remember when non-theater edition sales were easily over 100k once upon a time?

5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

The 2nd day sales :^^;: But honestly it doesn't surprise me much. I mean AKB is in their 14th year, and their first popularity peak was around 2009 and went all the way until 2013 or so, then slowly declined but remained relevant and successful through individuals (Sasshi, Yukirin, Sayanee etc.) now not only all the big names from their peak years are gone long long ago (Kami 7) but even those who helped the group to stay relevant and successful are mostly gone (Sayanee, Sasshi...). I think taking all this into consideration, the group is surviving really well through all these years. I know there's like 6 groups and hundred of girls doing handshakes, but the fact that they can still gather that many people to meet them (1,5M sales) is impressive to me. imo things looked worse last year...

Back then I felt like AKB would struggle with HS if not for Sayanee and Sakura (and a few other girls but these 2 dominated) and I also didn't think that lots of new girls could rise. But things went really well and now there's a lot of AKB girls being sold out really fast and a lot of younger girls getting popular in HS too, even in sister groups there are new rising stars (like Chiho). As long as AKB can remain successful through the members, they'll do fine. I don't think they can peak again, but it's normal and ok. I hope they can have another big hit song someday, we never know (I mean we didn't think KFC would get bigger than HR and then even 365 happened and it's like as big as KFC). and as for relevancy with the public, it's not easy to have it back with new girls, but it's possible.

There's something else I thought about but if I remember back in 2017, Sakura once cried on Showroom after Music Station and I think the reason was that she was feeling like she wasn't good enough because she didn't get to talk or something like this (it was when she double center the single). I thought about this again when seeing Moeka getting to talk in Music Station and Utacon, and Music Station's tweet mentioned her name, Miion also got to talk in Utacon. I feel like things are done better now and these things will help a lot to make the girls a bit more relevant and carry the group in the future.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    what is suchi?

7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

it's Moeka's way of saying "suki". She kinda include it in everything LOL there's a part in her solo concert where she performed songs with "suki" and changed lyrics to "suchi" :^^;: it's like her thing. She told it to the Mc's both in Music Station and Utacon, but I'm not sure what she said. Probably something like "I hope you will like it" where she turned the "suki" to "suchi" :chuffed: They laugh at it and react well to it so it's cute, it makes the atmosphere more positive.

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Sis, who is able to afford all those limited editions these days lol. They're not even worth it when u can just stream the MV's for much cheaper or for free in other methods. AKB, with all the money they got, need to invest in different packaging.

9. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    There will be another shipment today if I'm not mistaken, for the latest round of resale.

Basically it is like this:
    Regular edition: Bulk buy by the photo pack traders, presumably by preorder so it is counted as day 1 sales. Plus general public sales.
    Limited edition: Bulk buy by National HS goers, presumably by preorder. Plus general public who might want to go to National HS.

Now since they do the lottery for group photo in national HS, most national HS goers just buy enough to get in or for their matome session and buy the bulk of their tickets there. For each CD you bought at the venue you will got one lottery number. As far as I remember, the number usually go up to 2000-3000ish in one day. Since no album announcement in horizon, I do think most people took the chance to do 2-5 S with members in national HS instead. The rest only buy the tickets later in auction or other platform, so they don't need to dispose the CD themselves. So yeah, no wonder the store sales for non-theater version looks like that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Making of (short version).
    "The full version of the making video is now available at AKB48 Group Video Warehouse!"

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  12. rmn89

rmn89 Member

this makes me wonder ,does who the "center" is ever influence the sales?.

i know this single doing well because of the no ssk thingy. but i wonder if Moeka's presence also influence it.

even if Moeka's center-ness doesnt influence it, i think how well the sales are gonna increase her popularity big time.

13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Since Acchan's departure, and probably some months before I'd say the center girl has little influence on the sales.
    On another hand the sales numbers with soandso as center has some influence on management's future choices and pushes.

14. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I think the Center girl CAN have an effect on sales. But not a major one.

Mostly because certain centers (like Sasshi for example) will effect promotion. Seeing Sasshi as the face of the single will automatically spark up some (probably like only a couple thousand) sales just by her name recognition. And then also having Sasshi as Center will make it more likely the song is performed (and/or just played in the BG) on more high profile shows, which again, is going to boost sales by a thousand or two.

So I’d assume a Center at best would have like a 5k-10k effect on sales, and st worse have no effect. But I don’t think the center ever has a “negative” effect on sales.

15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

The company in charge of making the costumes for Sustainable posted some photos:

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg

You can see the details of the costume better! I really like it, it's so cute and pretty <3

• Like Like x 6
  16. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, if you look how many times Sasshii won the SSK and the massive amount of votes she got in these, her number of centers (I did a quick count and came to 5 AKB singles) is actually pretty abysmal ... so this might not be the best example ;)

17. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Janiwota says hi :flower:

Also, I doubt streaming MVs like Kpop fans doing when their bias having comeback is necessary in 48/46, especially since Japan doesn't have music show with lots of winning criteria :fear: (they basically just take Oricon chart as basis). IZ*ONE's Japan release MVs have lots of MV view counts because of their Kpop fandom (they still don't know if Jpop chart don't require MV view counting... lol). Right now, J-artists who have lots of MV views is Yonezu Kenshi (+ Arashi if JE goes uploading their MV lol)

If the center is general-public-known like Sasshi, then yes
    that's why 55th single went to Sasshi's grad song although she could only have one grad song with HKT :censored:

18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Osare is so much more.

"Since the establishment of AKB48 on December 8, 2005, we have been in charge of costume production, styling and hair makeup for the AKB48 Group.

On March 1st, 2013, we started on the path of self-reliance as Osare Company."

They recently did Sailor Moon -SHINING MOON TOKYO- and the styling, hair and make-up at the “LOVE, ≠ ME joint concert“ 24girls ”held at Hibiya Outdoor Music Hall.

They also have a subsidiary that makes school uniforms which uses AKB48 members as models. Do any of these models look familiar?

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 7.13.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 7.15.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 7.15.35 AM.png

https://www.osarecompany.com/
    https://www.ocsd.jp/school/

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

it looks like management selected Moeka, Chiho and Mikurin as the trio who would promote Sustainable on the day of the release! Earlier I posted the video of them going to Tower Records in Akihabara and signing papers etc., they actually did more promo in the whole day. Here is a message that they did for a radio show called Yoshii-san - Oyaji no Ongaku Kari. They promote the single and music video! The 3 of them are really really cute <3 and from what I saw, they get along really well too and it's adorable to see. I think management did a great choice! Btw the man introduced AKB as "national idols".

if the video does not show watch the video here

There is more promo that they did together that day (longer) I will post it later!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    the 3 of them look so good together but i would've added yuiyui or nagisa too