1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 57th [Shitsuren, Arigatou] (2020/03/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    Yay Zukkii center!:1st:

And I'm just happy that Seichan is part of senbatsu. :shocku::omfg:

• Like Like x 11
  2. rmn89

rmn89 Member

i just wonder did they just ditched the 16 members senbatsu tradition?
    when did it start?

3. A(KB)gent048

A(KB)gent048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I'm glad the senbatsu lineup have been pretty staple for the last singles at least from jiwaru onwards

4. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Congratulations to Zukkii! WWS Channel has uploaded a short video of the announcement and part of her speech:

(Mod edit: removed dead video link)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Finally a new single!

The senbatsu seems nice. Compared to the previous senbatsu, not counting Moeka who graduated, there are 4 girls who have been dropped from senbatsu. I'm a bit surprised for Chiho since I thought that she did well in Sustainable and her HS are still strong... I kinda wish they keep STU with 2 members in senbatsu. The other members who were dropped are Narumi, Nagisa, and Jurina. I thought Jurina is back from her hiatus, so I'm wondering why she is not part of this senbatsu.

and compared to the previous senbatsu, 4 girls were added; Miichan, Satopii, Seichan and Zukkii. I think I expected all of these except Seichan which is a surprise. Also Zukkii is back in senbatsu and center too, congrats! and Miichan being included makes sense of course. Lastly I'm happy for Satopii!

Actually I don't know much about Zukkii other than her name and face so I guess I might learn about her in this single and make an opinion LOL

• Like Like x 2
  6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Very happy with this senbatsu. Not overloaded with sister group members, includes a number of fresher AKB members (though all of them have previously been in senbatsu), includes Tomu and Yuiri. Zukkii center is a great choice, and I'm (reservedly) interested to see what AKB Co. Ltd. does with their first single. Of course not every girl I'd want to see in Senbatsu is there, but this is better than usual.

Watch the SKE48 concert and Request Hour.

Outside of SSK there hasn't been a 16 member senbatsu since Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby at the end of 2015 (or Kimi wa Melody if you ignore the graduates and Sae).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  7. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    Zukki is a neutral choice, Fresh enough to raise curiosity and cute enough to dispell criticism for center visual standards. I however hoped that they would just go ahead with nachan as fixed center for a while already . She can sing, is the undisputed AKB queen and even loved by most members . She still has 4 -5 years left easily in her career and could play as the central rock to AKB around which new selections like naamin, zukki, naru and satone could develop around , Keep a couple of 97ers like yuiri and mion in the back and everyone would have someone to go along with .Still unsure about Zukki's Center Potential tho , Feels like an Unevolved version ofYuiYui imo

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Mana

Mana Under Girls

So if I'm correct, Sustainable had 19 members senbatsu and this single will have 18 members senbatsu. I think this is good and I think they should always keep the senbatsu between 18 and 21 members at most... I feel like higher than that is too much. and since now they're trying to make a new image for AKB and there are a lot of members who are regular, it's good if they have less members in senbatsu so people (the fans, but especially the public) can get used to new faces better.

I also hope that this year they can have at least 3 singles. Since the first single of the year is in March, I hope there can be one in the middle of the year and one at the end of the year. if they do more than 3 it's even better of course, but I really hope it's minimum 3 singles this year...

• Agree Agree x 9
  9. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    But it's literally the last first gen member saying goodbye to the group. I thought that would've meant something to them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    As much as I hoped to see Miichan getting the center spot the truth is that not giving graduation singles to legends hovering around ssk 10 -30 is actually nothing new. Especially if she has not centered an A side before.. eg SKE's Churi , Sae, Masana, AKB's Akicha and Maimai.,NGT's Rie, HKT's Boss and Mio as well as of now but mio might likely get the next one. One exception here is NMB who find it necessary to honour big contributors like with Yamada and Yuri with an A side Graduation center. But they could still make one hell of a Graduation B side single for her with all First Gen Legends. But knowing AKS in today's age I wouldn't keep my hopes high. Probably gonna be another listen and throw cliche Ballad. I pray they surprise me with something else

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

Tomu is in. She's becoming regular now. Def giving 80% of my votes to her again if SSK comes back this year, I feel top 3 is possible if we commit.

Back to the single. Miichan not center is fine, there is no way she's not having a grad song, her grad concert will be full of OG's. Good long run Minegishi.
    What is Fukuoka Seina doing in senbatsu? Like, what have she achieved, am I missing something?
    Damn they kicked Chiho out, quota for SG (except for NMB) is only one and I'm loving it although I still can't recognize Yumiko's face, so basic.
    Yoshida Akari is really the queen of Social Media, she's huge, I'm afraid for Miru if next single they only give 1 quota to NMB.
    Yay no Nagisa, she was soooo out of place in senbatsu and girl isn't even that cute.

The rest seems pretty normal I already predict how the first row is going to look:
    Yukirin - Nana - Mizuki - Yuiyui - Yuiri (Yuihan) ....... or Miichan :fear:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    You can rcognise Chiho's face who is still considered a new kid in town by many . but can't recognise Yuniko's face who has been the face of STU since the start , lol are you even a STU fan

Nagisa is not even cute ? I know its an overused statement but you seriously need to get your eyes fixed .

As for Seina , Sure she is not that glamorous like the others but she definitely has her own persona and charm so ya a bit surprising but nothing out of the blue . But importantly she is a well established and popular AKB48 member who ranked 68 places above your Legendary Chiho in last Ssk so ya i hope you see the irony in your opinion .

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Mr. Take It Easy

No, I'm not an STU fan. Center never got my attention, I only started liking them when Chiho appeared. But mngmnt wants to make Yumiko happen. I mean cool, I don't hate her but she doesn't get my attention at all.
    Yes, TO ME, IN MY OPINION, TO MY EYES, Nagisa is not cute.

Geeeez, people can't have their own opinions. without people getting so b*tthurt. lmao

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  14. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Not sure which Nagisa y'all are arguing about, but the only cute one graduated to join Harp Star so... :hehe:

Seichan is great, you should follow her more.

15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I don't want to get involved in the argument at all, but this comparison is quite unfair considering Chiho only participated in 2 elections; one right after she debuted and another 1 year after her debut, STU only had one single at that time, and she didn't make it big yet. So of course she wouldn't have ranked super high in 2018 elections. She got popular in 2019 mostly and she is still very new. in general I think talking about elections and comparing elections results now is kinda pointless, since the last one was almost 2 years ago and a lot happened since then... I'm sure Chiho would rank a lot better if they still did elections but it's just pointless to talk about it. I just think it's unfair to bring her down based on a popularity contest from 2 years ago, and when she was still just a 1-year debuted idol.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    As long as Tomu in and Jurina out, I'm happy with the line up. Although I really want Okada Nana gets another chance to be the centre.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    Well first of all if you yourself accept you are not a STU fan then its my fault for taking your opinion seriously

As for Nagisa not being cute its ok to have your opinion but I suggest you keep it to yourself as body shaming people on public threads will only give birth to conflict wherever you post .

As for fairness about Chiho's golden age just dawning after the last ssk, it has two sides to it. If you don't consider a two year old election relevant then why should I consider a mere handshake boom as a relevant measuring rod for popularity. People always get curious about new girls and so they will always get swayed to visit her when she starts trending. But how can you consider that as a notion of a member's fans leaving her. I mean its not like seichan had any scandals or such to lose fans in a crashing manner . So if she is ranked 31st in a election two years ago with what fact will you claim that she is unpopular now just like with what reason will you be so sure that chiho is now well established above her and that her handshake guests will actually vote for her in next ssk and that she doesn't end up being a short lived gimmick .

So ya you or I can claim different things but as of now sei chan is indeed ranked 68 places above her.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Mr. Take It Easy

Lmao, exactly. I never understood any of her pushes.
    I know who she is, I liker her it was just surprising seeing her in senbatsu, like what did she do to get it.
    Now I see the point, they are throwing her there so more people get to know her. She better gets screen time.

<3 Chiho is an eye catcher and has better Handshakes results than Yumiko. Like I said not recognizing the center of a group is bad. STU is still unknown (NGT at least has it's scandal [hehe]) but I wish them the best. When Chiho centers something I'll give them a chance. Probably voting for her this year.

19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Because an election from 2 years ago reflects the popularity of 2 years ago and someone who was pretty much new could have never ranked high? I don't understand why that would be considered relevant now. As for handshakes I didn't see Chiho's handshakes getting worse for now so I wouldn't say it's a "mere handshake boom". and she is not the only new girl in STU and 48G, but she had great handshake sales before they included her in Sustainable... it's not that people got curious with her for being new. but they got curious with her among a lot of possible choices. and being good at handshake does mean a lot because that is where sales come from on every single... unlike elections that are just for one single and that are from the past now and don't benefit AKB in any way currently.

You can defend Seichan's popularity without making unecessary attacks on Chiho... The girl did nothing wrong and she's just working hard, good with handshakes, helps the sales of AKB and STU, and is obviously popular and not #99 in current 48G (because that was her rank in 2018 before she even got any real exposure... and she is obviously much above that now).

Besides it's not sure that there will ever be elections again... if they never do elections again then does it mean we'll have to take 2018's elections as the popularity ranking for years and years to come? It just makes no sense, let's be fair. There are other ways to measure current popularity.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    Nagisa is one of the cutest things to ever happen to AKB and her aura and persona screams idol just like YuiYui .

As for unnecessary attacks on chiho plz don't go about claiming things with no context, I only brought them to comparison to correct someone who seemingly has no idea about Sei chan but ships Chiho to be more worthy than her for senbatsu .I have no interest in both sei chan and chiho but facts are facts and although chiho is blowing up right now in no terms do I see her to be miles ahead than a two year consecutive ssk undergirl who has no reason to come crashing down now . So untill the next election facts do us apart.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1