1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 57th [Shitsuren, Arigatou] (2020/03/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Not really. Chiho has gimmicks, Yumirin doesn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Yes but also she is doing better than Yumirin in the STU single. But then again Chiho’s hype train has just started while Yumirin is kinda stabilising already.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Would you mind summarizing the whole thing, please?

I love Yuiyui, but it seems to me that her spot in the formation is similar to that of Mayuyu - she’s irreplaceable and shines brightly, but doesn’t often take center spot. Yuiyui and Naachan look brilliant next to whoever the center girl is, and I’m happy with that.

Firstly, Nagisa and Naru were included in the senbatsu for like 2-3 times in a row and are still kicked out once in a while. I wouldn’t be so sure to claim Tomu is a regular nowadays.
    Secondly, Seina was supposed to be the next team B star after Mayuyu’s graduation. Isn’t it nice to see a new gen member getting a little push?
    Finally, Miru-Akarin duo is as strong as Jurina-Dasu. One can only be excluded when having a personal problem ala Jurina.

I haven’t seen such a great comment since forever

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. supermochi89

supermochi89 Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Mayukirin <3
    Twitter:
    renaimayuyu
    i'm so excited!! this is the perfect lineup imo. + zukki center = best single to start the year off with!
    my prediction: song similar to sustainable, cute outside mv, miichan front row (prob not but i just want to be happy), and equal screentime (bc lemme tell you that i barely saw rinrin in sustainable)
    and congrats to yukirin for tieing with the most senbatsu appearances!! <3

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Considering I was already not expecting a single thing from management, the fact that Miichan is even Senbatsu to begin with is a relief to me. For her years in service, she deserves even the smallest recognition. Many legends were never really center, so that’s fine. I hope she has a bop for a graduation song, tho.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Gosh this is like the dream senbatsu for me, although my oshi Naamin didn’t make it.
    1. Tomu is becoming a permanent senbatsu member
    2. Just one from each sister group makes me so happy.(Except Akarin situation cause she’s queen of SNS and AKS need her public recognition) This is the truely AKB senbatsu. I don’t like they use AKB’s single to push new girls from sister group then there wasn’t enough space for a truely AKB member. Sister group pushing mem can be pushed at their own single.

Seichan now is team B center so she deserve a truely push, doesn’t she? Then her sousenkyo rank is quite good, her handshake sales is fine so why management shouldn’t choose her?
    About Chiho yes she is gaining more and more popularity now and her handshake is very good but this is AKB single so it should be use to push potential AKB member, not sister group ones. Just ACE from each sister group is enough. Unless she has the popularity like Akarin that can gain public attraction for the group, then you shouldn't complain about why an AKB member should be replace by an upcoming STU member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    I'm really happy about this senbatsu. Miichan is in Senbatsu for her last single. I not disappointed because I never expected her to get the center position anyways, but I hope she'll get a graduation song as B-Side. Zuuki as center makes me happy. I was waiting for her big push and here it is. Now we just need a good song

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

You're right, HOWEVER out of the options to kick someone out they decided to NOT be Tomu. She's been everywhere in all possible senbatsus. Makes me excited specially since she is a hard worker who actually deserves the recognition.

I agree with you, I just feel mngmnt really favors who they think is the ACE. When it should be us who decide. I don't see any center material in Yumiko, but that's another topic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Really happy with this single senbatsu!
    1) Back to a smaller Senbatsu (18 girls)
    2) Back to old days, more AKB48 members in senbatsu
    3) Zukki center! Fresh blood, hopefully she stays!<3
    4) nice seeing Satopii & Seichan in there (but sad Komiharu is not in:cry:)
    Glad they finally announced a new single:)

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. sno_rpg

sno_rpg Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Glad Seichan is in. I'm not following AKB that much since Mayuyu graduated, and I thought Seichan could have been a staple senbatsu member, but management failed me haha. Just hoping management won't drop her again next time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yua

Yua Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    I'm super biased since she's my oshi, but if we're looking for concrete reasons why Seichan's back in senbatsu (other than her being one of the most prominent B members), it could have something to do with how hard her fandom has consistently gone in game-based rankings - she's won tons of promotion over the years, from the Yume e no Process center to second position in the Stage Fighter (?) stage to a recent (back) cover photoshoot from... something lol. She's not the most popular in HS, but her fans are more than willing to throw money at supporting her, and it's consistent enough that management might be taking notice. But really, do we need a reason for more Seichan? :inlove:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    @Mr. Take It Easy it's been like the 4th or 5th time I've seen you in this forum use the flame bait word "basic" for Yumirin ever since she got pushed. I'd appreciate it if you would just keep it to yourself, it's fine to like other members but it's not cool to bash others.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    That's offensive to many people!

15. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    this is literally a perfect senbatsu... lots of AKB members, minimal sister groups, a new face as center, popular 'new' girls, pillars of old gens, recognition to miichan, tomu didn't get cut again.... and you guys are STILL COMPLAINING lmao.
    the girls could be flying in the mv and you lot would complain [hehe]

i'm more than satisfied with this senbatsu, i hope the song is just as good.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
  16. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    perfect senbatsu,although i wish komi and nagisa were in,so happy seichan is back in senbatsu and zukki is finally center

5-6-7 is a great formation,i hope naachan,zukki and yuiyui are top 3 with miru and mikurin at the end of front row and yuihan and yukirin as 2nd row centers

• Like Like x 2
  17. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    That is very true. I wish my oshi was someone super established like Yukirin or Naachan so that I wouldn't always feel disappointed when they're not included :^^;: But, really, as someone who oshi'd Tano Yuka before Komiharu, I should be used to not seeing my favourite in senbatsu. I just hope Komi doesn't take it to heart too much.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    omg so happy for her! She's a really good candidate for next AKB ace imo. I really hope she won't pull a moeka and graduate too soon. Albeit, I would have been fine if Nana centered again tbh. I feel bad for Mion tbh. She centered one song and they just sort of dropped her lol. And she's pretty loyal to AKB as well. YuiYui is center of Team 8 so i'm not too concerned about her atm.

But yea Miichan not centering isn't really a shock to anyone I think. Like people have said lots of really well known members have rarely or ever centered a single. Her grad song will make me cry tho. I can already feel it lol. And for all we know she could have rejected being center for new blood to take reign. I don't remember who it was?? But someone graduated and she was offered the center spot, but rejected it in the end. It's gonna bother me that I can't remember who it was lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

I am happy for Miichan deserves it, it is the last of the first generation and it would have been very unfair to leave it aside.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    Probably OG will be in her graduation song music video. I would assume she would have one, being the last 1st gen member.
    Might be quite the tearjerker of an MV, too.

• Like Like x 3