Album AKB48 8th [Thumbnail] (17/01/25)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by YJSN_ParuYuko, Nov 22, 2016.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    See the first post. Notice the date: 4/22, then notice the メッセ [Messe] on the tickets. That's all I know, but it sure looks like they are handshake tickets. No, if you read the wiki glossary, these are two shots.

Shamekai (Also known as 2-Shot events) have the participation of all members of AKB48 and it's sister groups. On this events, fans are able to take a picture with their favorite members. Tickets are included on albums, that are usually more expensive than singles.

Shamekai Event Dates
    2017/3/20 - Makuhari Messe
    2017/4/15 - Makurahi Messe
    2017/4/22 - Makuhari Messe
    2017/4/23 - Makuhari Messe
    2017/5/13 - Intex Osaka
    2017/6/04 - Pacifico Yokohama

2. aspen_552001

aspen_552001 Kenkyuusei

So he has to bring the Theatre edition CDs with him to the event to be signed?

3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Yes but only the booklet for each one if he'd prefer to carry a little less weight by leaving the cases at home (as I will do!)

4. aspen_552001

aspen_552001 Kenkyuusei

Thanks a lot

5. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

The weakest new song in this album, imo, is Runner's High. The rest is really good. I enjoy all the new songs in this album (except for Runner's High) vs the b-side of AKB singles. Of course my favorite is Dakara Kimi ga Suki Na no ka and Coin Toss. Dakara Kimi ga Suki Na no ka simply because I like the pop r&b beat. They should do more of those.
    What I would like them to do is to promote this album more like, you know, when other artist releasing their album.
    Anyway, non AKB fans who happens to enjoy the new songs from the album better served with buying the song digitally.... more practical and economical. The only problem is that I believe to this date, they still won't release the colab songs digitally. So you need to buy at least Type A CD to get all the song.

6. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Thanks a lot @Silenka for the lyric translations. You're the best!

Now I can enjoy the songs in a new depth :inlove:

7. GATX105

GATX105 Member

The one for 3/20 is colored pink?
    So how is this used? Can you line up for the autograph using this ticket instead of the shamekai ticket? Or will the girls doing the autograph not have a two-shot for the time slot they are available for the autograph?

8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I think the ones for 3/20 are red (I'm at work now so I can't check but I'm pretty sure they are). It's my understanding that these autograph tickets are additional to shamekai ones. For example, my plan is to queue for an autograph from Yuihan in slot 1 before I 2-shot with her in slot 3 - i.e. she'll only being doing autographs in the first slot and only 2-shots in later ones. The only thing I'm not sure about is the matter of ID as these autograph tickets have no name printed on them unlike the shamekai ones. Yes you could show any shamekai ticket with the autograph one but what happens if you queue for an autograph after you've finished all your 2-shots? Having said that though, my intention is to try and use my autograph tickets as early as possible.

9. GATX105

GATX105 Member

So it says that only members with 5 slots or less in that day have an autograph session which tends to indicate that the autograph slot (for a particular member) is for autograph only? For example, you don't have a yuihan shamekai ticket in slot 1 right? You're only using the autograph ticket right? Thanks!

And does it say if the autograph slots are in the same place as the shamekai slots -- meaning does yui stay in the same lane but does autograph in slot 1 and shamekai in slots 2 and 4-7?

Hmm, it's not exactly pink or red -- more like the same color as Team A members on the autograph list/schedule. I'm not exactly sure what I have is the autograph ticket but it looks the same as what aspen posted except that his is blue. Lol, I might not even be able to use them since most of who I'm lining up for shamekai have sold out slots. Since these don't have names, I suppose there will be people selling them at the venue.

10. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama
    ^
    They will be in another lane. I can't describe it but if you went to the business card exchange lanes during the several Matsuri HS, it is a totally different area than the normal HS/2shot lane.

I might be wrong since this is the 1st they are doing this together with 2shot lanes.

Also,

Colors of the Jacket Signing tickets:

3/20 - Pink
    4/15 - Green
    4/22 - Blue
    4/23 - Orange
    5/13 - Black
    6/4 - Red
    Red 6-4.jpg Black 5-13.jpg Orange 4-23.jpg Blue 4-22.jpg Green 4-15.jpg Pink 3-20.jpg

11. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    Thank you for taking time to post all the tickets! Have 2 of the pink ones then.
    No I haven't been to anything other than the sportsfest so this is all new to me (I might not even find where the members are haha).

So for the autograph, how will you know where a particular girl is? I guess I should be asking in the attending handshakes thread but I'm still in the middle of reading all the posts there so as to limit questions (before I start asking).

12. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama
    No problem. I got 1 ticket for 4/22 and 4 tickets for 6/4 myself.

Like i've said before, this is the first time 48 is doing this kind of cd jacket signing within a 2shot event. Or at least AKB, since iirc, NMB48 have this cd jacket signing on their albums.

But if they follow what they are doing during the Matsuri events, you proceed to a specific area in the venue (it will be labelled so you won't get lost). Once you are on the designated area's entry point, there will be several entry lanes where you show your ticket to ushers. once they verify your ticket, you proceed to a common area within this designated area and you proceed with the member you want to meet/sign your cd jacket/get some signed business cards. This common area tends to be super jam-packed since some people go inside to pre-queue for the next session or just hang around at the back. Since the common area is always full, sometimes you wait outside the entry lanes in another queue just to get inside. Per my experience, it was very chaotic. I went during last year's Natsu Matsuri and this is all based on my experience. Maybe they changed it during Aki Matsuri.

13. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @pakaulaw - Thanks!

That's right, my Yuihan shamekai ticket is for slot 3 but she's signing in slot 1. Similarly (to give a couple of other examples) I have shamekai tickets for a couple of HKT48 members Jiina and Hana in slots 2 & 5 respectively but they're doing autographs in slots 1 & 2 respectively. Lane numbers should be published on the King Records site about 2 or 3 days before the event.

(and I'd be wary of buying and selling tickets in or near the venue!)

14. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

The black ticket is actually silver!

But thanks for all the info, I've been wondering how to use them too~

15. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Soundscan's system was completely different prior to going dark in ~2015 or so, so pretty much the only article in that wall that's still relevant is the hits daily one, and I'm not really sure how reliable it is since the only source is a competing chart.

Also,
    make up your mind.

None of the charts can be trusted completely, however there's a bit of a difference between the ~2k discrepancy described in that hits daily article, and the 1 million+ units discrepancy for TwI. And we know one of them (Oricon) simply ignores certain types of sales (international, bulk, etc.).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    @wlerin I don't see where's the contraddiction in the two parts you quoted. What I was saying is that Soundscan certainly does not penalize/exclude certain kinds of purchases from their charts. On the other hand, they plainly ignore certain stores from their sales estimates (therefore it's as if their "weighting" value was 0), no matter what kinds of CD they sell, based just on their own usual arbitrary criteria of what makes it an "eligible venue".

Also, mind if I ask you to post a link explaining what radical changes Nielsen did to their calculation procedures in 2015? As far as I know, they still accept datas coming only from their own POS scanners, and Nielsen still demands stores to pay a subscription "fee" out of their own pockets to send these data to them. Which means there would be some kind of weighting still in place to make up for lost data.

17. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    You mean aside from formerly only counting Type A, B, etc. and ignoring theater editions? And no longer releasing monthly figures?

18. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    @wlerin That's an issue related to the status of CharaAni, and what Nielsen considers an eligible venue in their mind (also whether these shops are equipped with POS and have paid their annual fee), if anything.
    You can understand that, since the sale of the theater edition is exclusive to only one shop, whether or not its status fits Nielsen's criteria is enough to decide whether or not the theater edition is going to show up on the charts.

That aside, the question was about what math methods they currently use to estimate the total sales. If nothing about their math process has changed, and the pool of selected stores has remained the same, I see no reason to consider their numbers any more accurate now than before 2015. Besides, in my opinion any chart that doesn't just stick to raw unprocessed numbers is still inaccurate and unreliable when it comes to reflect reality, no matter what.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    This is unknowable.

This is false. Obviously.

If Oricon and Soundscan differed by a few thousand, I'd probably take Oricon's numbers. But neither of them have the full count, and we know Oricon processes its numbers too, so sticking to "raw unprocessed numbers" is a pipe dream.

20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I think fans are much less likely to leave from the sales figures alone, but the sales figures dropping likely affects the way the media treats AKB and that might affect fans a fair bit.