1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Chiba Erii in Mnet show [Uhak Sonyeo: Ticket to K-Pop] (2019/05/23 - 2019/07/18)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by Merika, Apr 9, 2019.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    One of my 1st thought.
    She's the ratings magnet. No wonder it's not a survival show then.

2. 48 group fan

48 group fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murakawabibian
    Wow!!! That was shocking is she considering debuting in a kpop group? Finally some Erii content besides Pd48

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Could be far fetched, but I feel like this is a test for a potential Kpop-esque 48G unit

After Produce 48, Koreans had a fanmade lineup which consisted of “uWu” 48G members. Those being

• Chiba Erii
    • Sato Minami
    • Asai Nanami
    • Murakawa Bibian
    • Aramaki Misaki

You can see it here
    https://mobile.twitter.com/eriiarchive/status/1028345853029822466?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1028345853029822466&ref_url=https://onehallyu.com/topic/711091-kbk48-official-thread-team-uwu/

Every Produce season has a fanmade lineup which Fave Entertainment ends up debuting. IBI & JBJ being examples of this, and I believe the lineup I mentioned about were desired to be called KBK.

There was even a fanmade table during the season finale of Produce 48 for people who supported the group.

Seeing as there was no “runner up” group for P48, it’s likely AKS didn’t want to give their girls to Fave.

But they (alongside other 48G members) still have a Korean fanbase, this goes especially for Erii, Minami, & Nanami.

So sending Erii to this show would not only have her hard work towards the Kpop/Korean scene pay off more, it could lead to a possibility of her & maybe more 48G girls having a career on Korea.

Some info among Produce 48 + the outcome of IZ*One, and how it relates to this situation

The show was obviously rigged, RIGGED!! Mnet & AKS likely predicted Koreans would mostly want the K-Girls, and only be interested in supporting a few J-Girls.

Problem (for them) was, the 48G girls were actually just as and in some cases more popular then the Korean trainees, as you can see in the official Naver videos.

The 1st Evaluation results were genuine, with 7 Korean Trainees & 5 AKB Girls while the 2nd Evaluation clearly weren’t (as they hid the votes and had a similar lineup to what IZ*One ended up being). The 3rd Evaluation was even more genuine, with 7 AKB Girls (out of 10 remaining at that, 8 who passed it), and then magically in the finale half of them got low(er) ranks, and totally not coincidentally IZ*One ended up with the results similar to the 2nd Evaluation, which hid results.

Many reasons made this obvious, but one that really stood out was how Nanami’s video trended because this Korean cardgame fandom (I forgot the games name, but it had Stone in it) would trade cards for Nanami votes, and I’m sure she got a ton from it. So for her to have ranked the way she did after it is highly suspicious.

After Produce 48, many 48G girls ended up still having their Korean fanbases supporting them.

Nakanishi Chiyori received 25K USD on Showroom from Korean fans, Murase Sae received a ton of expensive gifts from Korean fangirls, and much more.

Shitao Miu being the biggest case with Koreans wanting her in Korea. And thanks to the show, she’s been in two consecutive A-side Senbatsu’s.

And then the kicker is girls like Takahashi Juri & Takeuchi Miyu who got offers in Korea (both now under Korean entertainment agencies) who’s fan bases are still very much active. If you watch Mystic’s listen events, there was a huge crowd of Miyu fans (fandom titled Miyucats) there to support her. And recently she received a ton of expensive gifts from fans.

So the 48G fandom amongst the AKB48 girls who participated in Produce 48 (mainly those who made it past the 1st Evaluation) still very much exist.

So my guess is AKS is potentially playing with the idea of making a Kpop inspired idol group consisting of AKB48 girls, and who better then the 5 “UwU” girls Koreans wanted as a group (Erii, Minami, Nanami, Bibian, & Misaki).

On top of all fitting a similar style & demographic, they’re all young & are newish. When you look at the other girls, they either graduated/graduating, too old, not popular enough (in Korea), or possibly not interested.

I would say I see that potential group mainly promoting in Japan, but I could see them having Korean events & activities.

That would be smart. Not only will it give AKB48 a new aspect within it, it’ll continue the Produce 48 hype that would benefit AKS (since aside from Erii, the only benefit they’re getting rn is Miyazaki Miho’s promos towards Korea).

It could even lead to the path of a potential Korean Sister Group for AKB48.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • Dislike x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Wasn't the fanmade wished group (and heavily advertised in Seoul subway) called YBY (Your Best Youth) made of the runner up girls ?
    And Shitao being highly praised ?

Obviously it couldn't go anywhere without AKS agreeing with another agency.
    And since it wasn't part of the plan ...
    End of the story.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  6. welp

welp Next Girls

If the show need Erii to hard carry the rating, it is preordained to flop hard. Besides, I doubt if other cast members are completely nobody.

The success or failure of the show tells nothing. The like of Sejeong or Jeong Chaeyeon cannot save their groups. Sixteen was unpopular yet Twice is the queen.

That line-up is hopeless and guarantees a failure. The like of Akimoto nor Yoshimoto cares about Korean market but the international reach of K-pop, especially its splash onto American market. What types of groups are more popular in the west? Are they any close to your ideal? Not to mention that no uwu group is currently popular in Korea.

It's no surprise that Akimoto/AKS wanna break into K-pop market but, many more works needed to be done to realize the dream.

Besides, he/they will need to discuss with the Korean partner presumably CJ. I can't see CJ or any big Korean agency agree to import 48 format, especially when NCT project of S.M. is going nowhere.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    From the look of it and the lack of promotion on the AKB side, it might be a job Erii decided to take on her own.
    This happens sometimes.

8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    2nd Teaser

if the video does not show watch the video here

9. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Well at the very least the show would be an interesting documentary-like on how other girls from other country feels about South Korea and their idols training? And hopefully Erii's fanbase will growing with this.

10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    A bit more about this show (documentary ?) and it's participating girls so far
    all from Mnet's instagram posts
    Lisu from Estonia and Sweden
    [​IMG]

Vlada from Ukraine
    [​IMG]

Nada from Egypt
    [​IMG]

Oline from Norway
    [​IMG]

And an unknown Japanese girl

btw, which language barrier ?

an OP update wouldn't hurt

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Mind from Thailand
    [​IMG]

Maria from the USA
    [​IMG]

Deesee from Russia
    [​IMG]

12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Erii
    [​IMG]

Livia from Sweden
    [​IMG]

Luna from Poland
    [​IMG]

So ?

13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Final Teaser I guess

Also Maria, the american girl attended another Mnet show: I can see your voice.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  14. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
  15. moko

moko Kenkyuusei

Looking forward to this new group!

16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    If it is an idol group.

17. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Erii has this in the bag - She's almost the only Asian. The Russian & Polish gal look "interesting"... I was NOT Impressed w/ the USA girl at ALL.

18. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Is this even a competition?

19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
  20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Mnet streamed something live on their Youtube channel 4 hours ago.
    So at this show's sheduled time.

Vlive (soon)
    https://www.vlive.tv/video/130514

Next week

Last edited: May 24, 2019