1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[General] The AKB48 Team SH Thread

Discussion in 'General Team SH Discussion' started by Kappa, Dec 12, 2016.

1. mcbcagirl

mcbcagirl Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lilxicanita
    we don't know what happened but it is speculated that snh couldn't have sister groups, per their contract with aks...so that's when Aks broke ties with them...we don't know...aks said they violated the contract snh peeps say none of that happened...only the 2 companies know for sure...but the domain names have been bought by snh since 2015...idk if those include the ones mentioned above but many domains were bought and it was before aks ended the contract...

2. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

If they wanted sister groups then they could have negotiated with AKS and paid a licensing fee for doing so, I suspect they didn't want to pay AKS for doing the sister groups. Plus Aki-p was probably getting significant money from performance and publishing royalties from SNH and they probably wanted to cut down on that too.

3. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Well, at least it's not as stupid as a boat.

4. Qas

Qas Kenkyuusei

Wouldn't surprise me if they aren't creating another franchise and instead just trying to up their market accessibility. If they do make another group in China I have to wonder how they think they will keep a mainland company from mutinying again.

5. erekerokasumarãkaanhe

erekerokasumarãkaanhe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuyangyuzhuo
    For what I read, they are focusing in create some kind of bridge between AKB and China rather than any new group. May be, they can do an audition to put a Chinese member in AKB, like they did with Ma Chia-Ling, but I don't think they will risk to make another venture there like the one with SNH.

My reasons are;
    - They will not be able to handle the Chinese market by themselves. They'll need for sure a local company to back them, which could be (if SNHxAKB problem was really a breach of contract) dangerous. In the way they're doing it, if something goes wrong, they just need to cut relations, the Chinese company will be not able to keep their business, they have no girls and AKB will be already known as a Japanese group. Chinese common folk are not fond of Chinese copycats, most of them are ashamed by this "culture" of modern China.
    2 - SB is already established there. Besides that, right now, SNH is backed by Tencent, which is just the largest Chinese internet company and the fourth largest internet company in the World. And on the top of it, they're known for being pretty unethical, even other Chinese companies complains about Tencent's nasty way of doing businesses.
    3 - They know there's a need to be careful, may be this is just the first part of a bigger plan. But right now, the only thing we'll get is this small move I think.

I don't believe AKS can do much against CHN48, though. SNH is already established in China and although they aren't any kinda of national group, a lot of locals, even the ones who don't like SNH, know them. If you make a rapid look on Chinese search websites, the amount of researches about SNH surpasses AKB ones easily, more than 50 times. Besides that, most of the times you find news about AKB, is usually because of something related to SNH at first place.

So I don't think this new business moves by AKS will do much harm to SNH on the long run.
    There's also a problem about the AKB girls whom Chinese like, so, unless AKS feel like to send Mayu, Yuki or Kojiharu (which will not being around for much longer) as their flag carrier, they will not have the desired effect, in my opinion.

6. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Yea this is probably the largest problem I see on the side of AKS. Are they willing to send high ranking members to China for work? They have send their aces to the battlefield in order to gain as much momentum as possible.

7. Maalat

Maalat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yagurafuuko
    Most Chinese companies don't have any at all.

8. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    You assume that AKB wasn't involved in the break up

They haven't even taken them to court, and the industry rumors are that AKS called SB to approve of their actions.

Quite frankly, I think it's just a way to further promote the main group AKB48 without harming SB's domestic groups. We've all known for a while that China has a lot of fans.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

9. erekerokasumarãkaanhe

Oshimen:
    xuyangyuzhuo
    Well, it's not like I really knew what happened with SB and AKS. This whole split up between SNH and JPN48 is as shady as it can get. And anybody seems to care much to talk about details at this point.

Where did you see AKS asked for SB's approval? At least judging by their public actions, it does not seem like AKS and SB had settled down any deal hence SB trying to diminish AKS efforts badmouthing them.

Probably, we'll see if it's just that or something more.

10. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    I hate to say it, but ha told you so!

I knew there was something fishy when SNH started to do their own thing and even formed their own sister groups...
    on top of that AKS stopped recognizing SNH and just focused on JKT..
    Didn't know that there was this drama unfolding already.

I'm not sure what AKS is planning for sure but hopefully it won't bite them back in the end. :^^;:

11. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

They'll probably create Team China or something like that. Not a new group but a new AKB chinese members that would be performing in the theater. Since there probably wont be Japanese girls in the theater everyday

12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Not that they are performing in the Japanese theaters everyday anyway. :hmm:

Already? This isn't news.

https://twitter.com/The_Hedonist48/status/759007573815144450

We knew they were doing something new in China since summer. We now have confirmation that, apart from getting Chinese members, they're making a theater there, so... they are basically trying to re-create SNH but without calling it that.
    Cause let's be honest, are they gonna get Chinese members and have them sing AKB songs in Japanese? Nah, they'll probably get the Mandarin translation, and god knows if they'll be able to use the translations SNH did or they'll do new ones trying to avoid (lol) copyright issues or something.

I feel it's a very desperate and half-assed move from AKS.
    They should have let SNH do their thing and just ask for whatever royalties they found fit. Something is always better than nothing.

13. gakushan

gakushan Kenkyuusei

I jumped around a bit on the video since it's over 40 minutes long but here's some highlights:
    AKB48 China is a legal company. Over 2.4 million people watched the Chinese stream of the SSK. They are planning concerts, TV dramas and theater performances.

My overall feeling after watching several parts of that video are that they'll mostly send Japanese members to China and not form another sister group in China. Top members are being sent to fan meetings in Hong Kong and Taiwan recently. This includes Matsui Jurina, Muto Tomu, Okada Nana and many other ranked members since May.

14. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    They're not trying to re-create SNH48, they're going there to promote.

From a few chinese sources that I can find. it's basically. "We're bringing the real deal here" kind of deal.

They've established a few business relation with some big shots in China, with the biggest so far being Kugou music since a few months back.

An article from 8 hours ago
    The group which builds the theater is not just there for construction.

They're the primary investors for China+AKS joint operations in main land china.

From initial infrastructure building, managements, show business operation, expansion planning, brand marketing as well etc etc.

There's even mention of various kind of assistance toward performances, nation-wide competition/selection (? audition ?), fan greets, and most important of all....
    Backer for their politic and entertainment industry in china. With their backing, AKB will finally have politics covered in China, a very murky water to work in without the right Chinese support.

The concerns however, is that this is the Green group, while have been very successful backer to a lot of projects, soccer fan club, financing, as well as many other small project in Chinese show biz, they've never tackled the show business head on before.

15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  16. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

TPE48 is still nowhere to be seen. Let debut these girls as AKB48 China. :gavel:
    [​IMG]

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

But if they're bringing "the real deal", why hold auditions? :^^;:

As for the Taiwanese girls... I don't think they'll be added to AKB China.
    Hell, with this new enterprise from AKS, I'm starting to doubt TPE will ever debut (politics and so on).

What a surprise it would be. :hmm:

18. erekerokasumarãkaanhe

Oshimen:
    xuyangyuzhuo
    Well, they'll need work really hard. The last Chinese show where AKB appeared was pretty awkward, it didn't seem people were caring much about them at any given moment.

19. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    @SorrowAir thanks for confirming my thoughts. It seems like they're just going to be doing more overt AKB48 activities in mainland China, which is the (quite frankly) natural progression of things.

@sscrla are there any ties between Greenland and SB?

20. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I don't get why they're still trying with China while TPE's the only 3 groups announced that have done nothing but updating their facebook page.......

And i'm guessing the gheater will be similar to the one they had in Singapore but with more appearances and top members involved (i'm guessing sending a team at a time and the top members will actually appear in the Chinese theater more than the Akihabara one lmao)

And speaking of SNH, i think now because of all the conflicts that happened, they're actually gonna keep JKT and the 3 new groups closer and they'll be more involved with AKB (much like JKT in their early days) and keep operating in China while expanding their grip there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk