Akb48-daily.blogspot.com got shut down permanently.

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Doodleboy, Oct 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  2. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    damn all the good sites are dying :(

3. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Why are they being shut down?

4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

smh :(.

Sadly it doesn't surprise me that this happened, Google (Where Blogspot came from) has gotten really pathetic as of late.

5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Copyright issues I suppose.

6. natsu-kun

natsu-kun Kenkyuusei Wiki48 Admin

Oshimen:
    48 x 404
    Twitter:
    48nefi
  7. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

I have gotten more and more tired of following AKB.
    Sadly its like insanely hard to follow the group since AKS etc shuts everything down, which is beyond stupid.

Screw the international fans is the message they send.
    Ye well screw AKB then AKS :D

8. RelaxRelapse

RelaxRelapse Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    That's weird. Nothing I'd consider copyright infringement from the few times I've been on there. In fact, I'd say that it falls clearly into Fair Use under the idea that this blog would be considered "news reporting". Did they ever post full videos? All I can remember was them posting translated news.

9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Every time those kind of issues are discussed here, the conclusion is allways the same.

It is their content, they can do whatever they want with it, they can allow whoever they want to use it or not. (that include48/46 group producers, newspapers/site, etc ... wherever Paul is using to get his infos)
    A fan wanting to share their news doesn't have the right to do whatever he wants with those.
    Fair use is not recognized in every countries.

If I'm not wrong, he posted some showroom videos and a few other stuff uploaded illegaly (not his responsability for the upload but his for displaying the content).
    Also as another exemple, in one of his latest news, he did a photo montage, and copyrights forbid from altering a picture without consent.
    It might be much more complex than that though.

10. ShaiHH

ShaiHH Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Remember only them linking the releases from the official Youtube accounts, so nothing really illegal.

11. Xanthon

Xanthon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanakamiku
    I seriously don't see akb48 daily doing anything that infringes rights. All their pictures and videos are taken from official sources which are freely available on the net. I hope they kept a back up of the site since there's a million other hosting sites for them to host it again.

And with their pageviews, they should be able to sustain hosting it on a paid host.

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Yes, Screw AKB for taking down somebody's blog site. :rolleyes: :fp:

I'm pretty sure AKS could care less about somebody's blog site tbh. I know stuff like this is very easy to do (especially with stuff from google, just look at Youtube for example) and there are assholes in the world that like doing this (sending out fake reports).

13. Xanthon

Xanthon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanakamiku
    Seems like it wasn't AKS.

https://twitter.com/AKB48Daily/status/782126597578952704

14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Hopefully Paul will lets us know what he is planning to do.

15. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    the pictures that being used are basically copyrighted. But that's not the problem. The problem is some people dislike those blogs and send fake reports to google, it's not even AKS who requested to delete it.
    My local blogger, conanatsuko got his blog deleted in march because some people pretended they're from akbdaily and aki-p, requested takedown, which obviously a fake one.

16. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

Was frustration, since so much AKB related stuff have been shut down lately.
    It's getting so hard to follow everything since things gets shut down over and over.

The harder it is to get news about everything the harder it is to keep the same interest, because you miss like everything.

17. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

As far as i am concerned, everything that was used by Paul could be covered by the fair use clause.
    And i dont think AKS has anything to do with it. The site was basically free advertisement. as far as i remember it was rather some 3rd parties causing the trouble.

Thanks for the good work, though.

18. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

That's great :rolleyes: Like others are saying, it's getting harder and harder to keep up with the 48/46G. First, it was YouTube, then Show48/C48, now AKB Daily Blogpost. All of these were the main sources to keeping up. The only sources we have left are Stage48's forum and occasionally Instagram (which is basically stolen content from other posts but oh well) :glare: Maybe it's just me not looking at threads and sites but I feel like fan subbing has also decreased.

19. ShaiHH

ShaiHH Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
  20. Xanthon

Xanthon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanakamiku
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.