AKB48 English fan lyrics and more

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Theatre' started by Hikaritan48, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Hikaritan48

Hikaritan48 Kenkyuusei

Just wondering if there would be anyone making a english fan lyrics of songs with me?
    I tried making some of my own and all the credit of the english translations of the lyrics
    goes to studio48 they have very good english lyrics but it doesn't make any sense to me
    so I used the english lyrics and rewrite them so it make sense but still all the credit goes to studio48.

Also I'm in the middle of translating the date scenes to english from the ak48 psp games
    and some of those date scenes are hard for me to translate. So I was wondering if there will be anyone
    in helping me with the translation of the game and it'll be great if we can do a english dub of the game as
    well after the date scene has been completed.

2. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    What do you mean when you say it doesn't make any sense to you? Are you suggesting the translations aren't natural? Can you give some examples?

3. Hikaritan48

Hikaritan48 Kenkyuusei

They aren't natural if you try singing them out loud but somehow the english lyrics
    does make sense to me.

4. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Oh so you're trying to sing them along with the melody? That's going to be really difficult.

People are usually only translating the meaning of the lyrics, not trying to make them fit the arrangement.

5. Hikaritan48

Hikaritan48 Kenkyuusei

It's not that difficult once you have memorize the tune of the song before you try to
    sing-along with the lyrics. I have written quite a few of the english fan lyrics myself [blush]