1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

AKB48 Filming Locations and Tourism

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by parukii, Mar 31, 2017.

1. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Hi everyone, I'm creating this thread because I've been thinking about AKB48's impact on tourism and I thought it would be a good idea to talk about their filming locations, regardless of whether it is for music videos, television shows or variety shows and how us fans who are living in Japan or vacationing there can visit them to get a more unique experience in Japan.

One experience of mine that I have to share was how I visisted Takarazuka after watching Mayuyu and NMB48's episode of AKB to XX (Episode 65 and 66) and I went to all the places that Mayuyu visited and I had so much fun! I wouldn't be able to have such yummy egg sandwhiches and milk pudding if not for the protips given by them so it was really amazing. What's funny was that it's even raining on that day itself (just like in the episode) so I had a good time picturing myself as Mayuyu the ameonna and the queen of AKB48. <3

The egg sandwhich shop: LEMANS
    I can't find the milk pudding shop online but it's just next to the sandwhich shop.

Another that came to my mind is the PV for Kimi to Deatte Boku wa Kawatta (the NMB song centered by Nagisa) which shows you all the must visit locations in Osaka and all the things to eat when you're there!

So yes, please feel free to share with everyone here if you have any good travel tips to share. I'm personally very interested in the tree that they filmed Sakura no Kini Narou at, so it'll be great if someone can share some information about this.

2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Last weekend as part of my trip to Japan I paid a brief visit to the city of Niigata purely because of NGT48 and the MV for 'Max Toki 315go'. I took photos of some of the locations and posted them in the NGT48 General thread:

http://www.stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/general-the-ngt48-thread.8587/page-97#post-1301834

Last year when I was in Fukuoka I crossed the street used in the KFC MV, the location is next to the old HKT48 Theater in Hawks Town. The place I'd most like to visit is the Sunosaki Lighthouse in Chiba Prefecture which appears in the MV for 'Aitakatta':

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunosaki_Lighthouse

3. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

You are basically asking @GeoFreak to write a 20 page essay here about yui's kyoto show

4. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I have been to a few places, the Aitakatta Lighthouse, the Bingo! Beach, and of course Hawks Town Mall where KFC was filmed.

Also went to where Wasamin's Tomonoura Bojou PV was filmed. Unfortunately it is the only Wasamin PV pilgrimage I have made, since she films all of her PVs out in the boondocks.

Of course, anyone who has been to Doutonbori has seen where HA! was filmed.

There are a few more, I would have to think think about it. There actually was a thread for this some time ago.

5. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

OMG THANKS! I'd love to visit this iconic place!

Sorry if there's a thread already. I didn't know how to look for it ><

6. GeoFreak

GeoFreak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayashimomoka
    Twitter:
    GeoFreak17
    Well, here's a bit, at the end of this post: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/yokoyama-yui-yui.2119/page-245#post-1147009

Going through all the other places I've visited from Irodori Nikki would indeed take way too long. A few I can remember right now are:

Episode 29, the special with Annin where they went to temples in Kizugawa (I went on the same day as going to the bookstore in the aforementioned post)

Kurumazaki Jinja, where Yuihan and a bunch of other 48G members have their names written on fence posts for good luck (I took a bunch of photos of NMB members)

Episode 43, the nameless ramen shop, one of the best ramen I've ever had: https://twitter.com/GeoFreak17/status/826997230275944449 (I was in Japan when that episode aired and decided to go as soon as I got to Kyoto)

And her favorite dashimaki (omelette) shop in Nishiki Market, I went and tried, a long with a bunch of other food stalls she and Kitarie visited in episode 13.

=====

Other shows besides Irodori Nikki:

Kyoto Tsuu Kentei: Yuihan appeared in October 2014 on a special featuring three celebrities from Kyoto showing their favorite or most memorable places. She took everyone to eat hamburg for dinner at Hasegawa, and she had the pumpkin sauce hamburg, which she had always wanted to try since she was a kid. I also tried it, and it was pretty good! I need to go back for the regular tomato sauce one, which was her childhood favorite and looked amazing.

I think she mentioned it in a blog post and not a particular radio show or anything, but Okita Ayaka (Aapon) of NMB recommended Daimarudō for Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki in Okonomimura: http://www.okonomimura.jp/floor/4f-daimarudo.html
    The walls are covered with autograph boards from various celebrities who have visited, and Aapon and Mirurun signed one too.

I actually randomly chose to go to a takoyaki place in Amerikamura one day, and it happened to be the same chain as the one across the street from the NMB48 Theater, in Namba Grand Kagetsu, which was featured in that PV. They have a poster with screencaps and offshots from the PV. So, the next year I went to the Namba Grand Kagetsu location!

=====

Someday when I stop procrastinating, I may write a more extensive report complete with photos.

7. alohano

alohano Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

The 2014 Oahu Sandy Beach shoot and ABC Store shoot....I worked them both....but alas was not a fan and didn't give a rip at the time The 2014 Hawaii DVD was shot all over Oahu/Waikiki

Kojiharu 3 episodes, Dec 2016, were all shot within 2 miles of my home. Monsarrat Av food joints are now touristy places disguised as local eateries. Japanese tourists love to search out places they think are for locals...but the places themselves seize on this concept and ironically cater to tourists.

8. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

omfg so were you there when they were filming?
    and lol we all fall for the tourist traps >.<

Thanks for the details on the food! This would be useful for anyone visitign western japan <3

9. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

OH ONE THING! IS IWA STILL OPEN?! Where is it at? I heard it's a good place to spot ex AKB48 members lol

10. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    IWA is still open. It is in Shin-Okubo, about a block and a half away from the JR Station. It is true, current and former group members do frequent the restaurant, and a few work there as well. (Some formerly, some currently)

It is best to make a reservation in advance, they tend to get booked up early

If you go, be sure you are going to eat, and not just to ogle the idols. In fact, when the 48-group members eat there, they are normally in a private room. So you won't be able to see them anyway. But if you want to hang out with Micha and Uchida (and maybe Komorin) they are serving the guests.

The restaurant isn't cheap either. It's not like the AKB Cafe where you can sit there and sip coffee for a couple hundred yen. This is a Yakiniku Restaurant.

There was an issue in the past with certain fans going there to pester the members. It isn't cool, so please keep that in mind.

11. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the info! Where can I place a reservation? My friend and I are definitely looking for a place to have Yakiniku so if that's a good option for us we would go there. How does the food there compare to other Yakiniku restaurants in Japan?

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    http://yakiniku-iwa.com/
    https://tabelog.com/en/tokyo/A1304/A130404/13167895/?cid=google_yoyaku&from_google=1

Best to call for a reservation

Personally I have had Yakiniku that is just as good, for a much lower price. Don't get me wrong, IWA actually has very good food. But you are definitely paying a premium for the experience.

13. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I wouldn't be able to do this myself since I don't know where everything is.

But something that might be cool if it doesn't already exist is a google map which shows you where AKB centric locations are.

Here is an example showing the birthplace of Euro 2016 players https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/v...&ll=51.236180761204345,22.657326637499978&z=3

I'm obviously not demanding anyone make something like this, though I think it would be really useful as it would let people find things more easily.

14. atsukoD

atsukoD Kenkyuusei

There is also IWA Yakiniku thread here.

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/has-anyone-been-to-yakiniku-iwa.8072/

more detail info, direction, reviews etc.

15. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    The AKB cafe is hella overpriced but still a trip worth to go at least once I guess.

This is what I ordered: Yukirin Curry and Sakura's Matcha dessert + Mocha Cafe = Total = ~$2600 yen

For each food order you get a random coaster

My friend was really lucky to get the Yukirin coaster...and my luck was not that great which I managed Ryouha, Megu and Kayoko = 3 = (They are still cool though)

JhQ035X.jpg y31F2NM.jpg

The curry was pretty bad but the dessert was pretty good for it's price I guess lol

Oh and that day, they were doing an AKB member quiz game where they ask a question or do a self-introduction to guess which member is the right one. If you get them all correct your get a free draw of coaster again (or some other prize). There were 5 questions in total. You can answer in any language as long as it is the correct member name. In the end my result was 2/5.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  16. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

^2600 yen for three food item is not that overpriced, imo lol. There are way more food out that are far more expensive and tastes bad.

17. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Just my honest opinion, for that quality it's over priced...with 2600 yen I can already have all you can eat triple A beef course shabu-shabu or sukiyaki style = 3 =

I ate amazing curry rice in Niigata bus station with merely 450 yen

18. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

I think it is a little on the pricey side but normal for such gimmicky cafes since you're not paying for just food. You're paying to be in an AKB setting so hehehe. I'm not gonna bother going to the AKB cafe. The chances of me getting a coaster of a member I know is 0.3, the chances of me getting the coaster of a member I like is 0 unless they still have Paruru stuff around.

19. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Ya I ain't complaining much but it is what it is lol and I went there with the expectation to get jipped anyways XD

btw I also went to try out maid cafe for the first time in my life and with that same price I got much better service and food lmao (it's the one below the AKB theater.)

20. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Just my opinion,

I hate the AKB48 Cafe. The food isn't very good, it is overpriced, and it is pretty much a glorified, AKB-themed, maid cafe. I can understand why an AKB fan making their first trip to Japan might want to visit there, but personally I avoid the place.

EDIT: You can buy the coasters at Trio for a couple hundred yen apiece.

While IWA is also expensive for what it is (you can find good Yakiniku that is much less expensive), at least the food is good. And it is fun to be served by Uchida, Micha, and now Miki.

By the way, I went to IWA on Tuesday. It was Miki's second ever shift. She did a great job. We had a lot of fun. But I don't go to IWA very often because it is quite pricey. And no, I am not going to go there, order some cheap side and a coke, and sit there for 90 minutes. I hear stories of fans doing that. It isn't really cool. That's fine for the AKB Cafe, but not IWA.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017