1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48 Group in TDC: Concerts & Request Hour Setlist Best 100 2018 (2018/01/13 - 2018/01/21)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Or you could have spent it on cocaine or crystal meth or trannie hookers. See! there's worse things to spend your money on! :awesome:

2. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    just dropped by to look at the RH list again and damn! what happened to this thread??? LOL

3. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I guess there are only two types of people in this world now...

5. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    History was made!

6. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Kitarie's SSK rank increasing in the past 2 years even though her total votes are decreasing should be an indication of the current state of AKB48 and 48G.

7. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Something to learn from a veteran wota :worthy: thanks for sharing

For me, I just vote casually. Never went into hundred figures. So, not so wota I guess :hehe:

That's technically true :lol:

A good place to practice arguing and conspiracies I guess [hehe]

8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Only if you look at one isolated statistic. The total votes over the last 2 to 3 years has stayed relatively stable iirc (RKA probably has the data salted away one a thread somewhere, I seem to recall graphs and charts being created about it) but there have been fluctuations up and down at various ranks.

The entry level vote at #80 has gone up from 9561 in 2014 to 15396 last year, that's a massive increase at that rank thus indicating AKB is in rude health no? See, that's how one single statistic can be read to view things a different way.

9. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    I think it's just a little bit harder to get into the bottom to mid-level ranks (few k difference) now but the current senbatsu's kinda watered-down. It was (very) top-heavy in 2015 starting from dasu at 18 with more than 40k votes which would be number 11 in 2017. Lots of big names at the lower senbatsu level too (tomu, milky, shibata aya, yuihan, paru) which many current-senbatsu members would have a hard time outranking imo.

10. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Considering how inflated SSK voting numbers are, not really.

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

What?

12. atsukoD

atsukoD Kenkyuusei

We need the realtime ticker for all the voting matter now. That would be something.

13. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Adding to what @GATX105 said, with the additional voting methods in SSK, if AKB48 was truly in rude health then the increase would also extend to upper level SSK.
    48G isn't necessarily doing worse, but not better either. They're just stagnant. In this state, a new exciting group with fresh and enthusiastic fans can easily stand out. AKB and SG fans: "been there, done that." We've seen it happen to Team B and other sister groups before, even though during that time 48fandom was more energetic which makes it that much more impressive.

14. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I blame all those fans that abstain from voting and then complain that their group isn't where it should be or another group overtakes them.

Because the numbers are normally not released, so this like winning the lottery. In Australia, there is a saying on winning the lottery, 'You have to be in it to win it.'

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  15. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

What will be interesting is to see how many times NGT's results can look fishy at an event before the doubters start to become believers.

16. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Can't help but feel that we only have this discussion because people finally realized that there are more affluent fans out there.
    This or someone broke one of these unwritten codes of conduct that these fandom has but only a few secretly decided upon.

The system in general, whether it's RH or SSK, doesn't forbid anybody to throw all of his money into it.
    But it seems to me that it's fine, as long as
    - it happens gradually (hello Mr. Frog)
    - it doesn't exceed the capabilities of the average fan
    - you're Sasshi / Jurina / Team 8

Personally I can't really understand what the fuss is all about. We already had voting campaigns to push certain members during RH (let's face it, it hardly is ever about the songs).
    Now you may say 'Hold your horses, these fans are joining together for only one song and not for a whole catalogue!'. This is only true if the member / group of your choice has one signature song. With more it's not uncommon that there are multiple campaigns running in parallel. Usually neither of these songs will rank out high because what the fans effectively did was to split their voting power, *gg*.
    'Great job team, we got *insert title here* to *insert rank here* place, and managed to have another *insert number here* titles ranked!'. Awfully familar, isn't it?

I think that fans grew tired of the whole SSK situation, where, for the past years, you needed to spend ALOT of money and time to get your member anywhere. They realized that there are fans who don't care about money and are using this to their advantage.
    So they looked for the next best thing. They saw 'Hey we have RH, where we can kinda vote for our girls but without having to sell the farm' and everybody was happy while it lasted.
    But since we're not in a fairytale we're also not allowed to have a happy end.
    Works out that the rich fans also had the same idea. So here we have a 2nd SSK, another money hole that nobody really wants.

So should we be mad about rich fans? IMO not. They're doing the same as everybody else, only on a larger scale.
    Should we be mad about the system? Maybe, maybe not. It served it's purposes for the early years but doesn't seem to fit the times anymore.
    Can we come up with a new system that emphasizes equality? Sure, we already have one at hand. It's called democratic elections but it's a bit incovenient and you can't make much money out of it if you don't want to exclude fans that can't / don't want to spend much money.

Evil management, always about money. Why isn't this a charity? I don't work for free but i'm sure everybody else does. What do you mean i don't get any interest in my bank deposits? Stupid system, doesn't work...

Or we can just stop worrying and learn to love the bomb.

• Like Like x 3
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    RH 2018 Blu-ray and DVD will be available sometime during the summer: https://shopping.akb48-group.com/lp/akb48-group_request2018/

If you pre-order either one of the releases through the link above on 19th March at the latest, you'll get 10 off-shot photos from the Top 10 performances (1 photo from each performance).

Both versions will include 5 random photos and a booklet even after the campaign period.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    I want to lol at the Private summer supporters.

20. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Will they ever release the number of votes the ranked songs got (or t least the top 10, or top 3)?

I remember this being done at least once before but I don't think they did it annually.

Would be nice to have an idea how many votes Sekai got to grab #1.