1. Results for our 11th Annual Stage48 Member Ranking are being revealed! Click here to see it and check how your oshimen did! Updated daily.

AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. rka

rka Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Tanigawa Airi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    Because management thought it would be a cool idea. In the end, wota showed their sense of humour by only voting Nacchan into the top64.
    Nacchan left pretty .... suddenly ... because of her role in same shady activities with fellow member Yonezawa Rumi. Needless to say, Nacchan is now one of the elite gravure models in the business.

And since then, graduates stopped being eligible.

So, you could say, one idea that flopped.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. Trinu

Trinu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    It flopped because it was made basically for Acchan to participate again and she ignored the thing.

The girls who could participate never got past UG (low-senbatsu for Yuka), so they weren't gonna make splash anyway.

3. Silenka

Silenka Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    What I mean is they just wear stuff that looks good, regardless of any symbolism might be behind the patches or uniforms they wear. There's always people who look for extra meaning/motive when there is none.

4. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamada Nanami
    did member have routine medical check up in group?
    after heard news about girl from other idol group dead because of illness i'm start worried the same could be happen in akb

5. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

@YagiNako Harrupi was rumored to have plastic surgery. Plastic surgery is quite hard to tell especially if they are young and still growing. Paruru's was a adult so it makes it easier to compare and contrast. Again everything is rumored, pretty much impossible to confirm unless they admit it.

@Doflamingo I don't know if members are subject to routine medical checks but I do know they get flu-shots at HS events. Illness can happen to anyone regardless if they are idol or not. Its up to the individual to get regular examinations and necessary precations.

6. Trinu

Trinu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    It's hard to know about surgery because we're talking about teenagers here, basically.
    The body change lots during those years, so yeah.

There has been a lot of teeth corrections though.
    And thank god, I'll never understand Japan's obsession with girls looking like wild boars.

7. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kubo Satone
    I read rumors and speculations about Iwata Karen, Tomochin, Yukirin, Mariko-sama, Mayuyu, Sato Amina, Miichan, Sakura, Haruppi, and maybe even on Acchan.
    Only internet rumors of course. No offence. (I mean almost all this are also part my favourites members )

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Iwata Karen was open about it. If I recall correctly she had to have her nose broken and repaired for medical reasons when she was younger and she got plastic surgery to make it look normal again after.

9. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name) Stage48 Donor

I think Tomochin was one of the more famous ones of the plastic surgery rumor victim. Even if you look at her sister, she looks like the younger version of old Tomochin. Other ones I've heard of are Mayuyu (probably with her eyes but then again, she was quite young when she first joined), Haruppi (this topic was discussed for quite a while for a period of time), Sakura (some say it's the pouches under her eye and I say a nose job), Mariko (the photo from her highschool or middle school is the most used reference), Miichan, and some others that I might've forgot. I don't know for sure but Acchan seems to have gotten a face lift. I'm not sure about Karen though since I've never really closely followed her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Arbios

Arbios Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    any girls who are obsessed with anime?

11. rendizzz

rendizzz Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Iriyama Anna, Watanabe Mayu and Takita Kayoko they call their self as anime otaku
    Nagano Serika from team 8 is the biggest fans of One Piece i ever know in 48G (beside Takamina and Yuria)
    from graduate member we have Iwata Karen, Morikawa Ayaka
    maybe more..

12. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Umemoto Izumi
    I wouldn't know if they're obsessed but I know Marina Yamada wants to be a seiyuu(voice actress) and seem really anime oriented and I think she cosplayed before for handshake events and also Naoko Okamoto seem to like animes a lot as well!For instance,it happened 2 or 3 times she had put together Gundam looking robots figurines during her showrooms!I would also recommend to take a look at both their showrooms on 161023 since they did it at the same time and they were cosplaying Rem and Ram from Re:Zero and I think at some point they were doing voices (I think Marina likes to do Hinata from Naruto)!

13. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

I saw HS sales is mentioned a lot. So, where I can see the list of HS sales of 48G members?

14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Future Girls

15. rka

Oshimen:
    Tanigawa Airi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    About handshake statistics:
    (disclaimer: I have never visited a handshake event myself)

For every cd release that comes with handshake (or other) events, fans have recorded the handshake sale statistics of the the AKB48 group members for the recent years (see this google doc). These numbers are also frequently reported and discussed here in the forum, as they represent one of the very few ways to evaluate member popularities outside of the annual polls.

For a better grasp of those numbers, its recommended to keep the following in mind:
    • The numbers are not official. Instead, they are compiled by fans monitoring the availability of handshake tickets in the pre-order system, at which you can specifically shop for individual members.
    • The numbers reflect if time slots are still available for pre-order.
    • As such, the numbers are not absolute, not even relative, but of pseudo-binary nature, e.g. they only know two (or precisely three) expression states, namely "sold out","still available", and "almost sold out".
    • Thus, a time slot might be sold by 70% and is still given as 0.
    Accordingly, the expression "12/24 (1)" attached to a member's name should be read as:

Said member has 24 "slots" (see below) for that release, of which 12 are already sold out with another slot being almost completed. Sometimes,additional numbers are given in small circles in most sales charts (representing the round in which a girl were sold out (scroll down for a brief explanation of the round system)).

Additional information:

Handshake events are organized in "slots", which are intervals of 90 minutes during which fans can queue up to meet the members. For example, the handshake events for a given cd release might be divided between three weekends (Sat/Sun). Popular members might have five slots per each of the six days, e.g. resulting in a maximum slot of 30, whereas lesser members only have a single slot per day. The maximum number of slots per member is always stated in the digit after the slash: x/XX.

As a time slot is about 90 minutes, roughly up to 500 individual hands might be shaken during that period (as far as i understand, multiple tickets are not entirely cumulative; their accumulated duration depends on the invidiual time keeper).
    Very few members have actually the maximum amount of slots. The number of slots given to a member reflect both previous handshake demands, availability, and even wishful thinking on behalf of the management :)

This has several important implications:
    • A member with 10 sold out slots for an event might have actually sold less tickets than a girl listed as 0/30, with all of those slots being at 50% (which is hidden to us!).
    • Similarily, girls who have sold 8000 tickets distributed on 24 slots may be marked as 0/24 and appear inferior to girls at 1/24, which however may have only sold 7500 tickets (but randomly maxed a slot).
    • Thus, it is problematic to infer that anybody at an equal n/x-ratio is equally popular or unpopular.

These are theoretical considerations. It is obviously likely that someone at 7/30 has sold more than 3/10, but as this information is impossible to obtain, it is not valid to use these metrics as a base for a "true" popularity ranking.
    Also, please consider that only sister group members participiate in events of the entire group as well as in events of their home group, so the financial power of their wota is diluted between more events (sometimes, sister group events hold as much as 35 time slots).

Finally, the payment system.

The numbers given in the first, regular rounds represent order reservations (pre-orders), not definite sales. After the regular pre-order rounds are closed, orders have to be paid for. Whenever a customer decides to not pay for their reservations, the now freed tickets are then available for resale rounds (a relatively new development as far as i remember).
    In this system, we have seen girls drop from 24/24 to 0/24 between final pre-oder and first resale round.
    This does not mean that a girl really drops from 10,000 to 0 tickets sold, but it does mean that even small amounts of uncompleted pre-orders let that slot switch from 0 to 1 (remember, the system is binary (or better: tertiary)).

Very importantly, the results of the final resale rounds cannot be known, because obviously the order system is not available for further purchases after the final round.

As @fatrain pointed out, something very otaku-esque comes into play at this point: empty orders (空注文). Hereby, customers place orders which they are not going to pay for, because they either i) do want to create some hype about a member or ii) malevolently block others from going for a particular member.

To sum up:

The numbers are only remotely useful, and should only be used to identify trends among wota, never for a definite ranking. The real usefulness of these numbers is that we are able to identify the members which are selling out the fastest (and thus are in highest demand).

However, this usefulness is again limited by the fact that event participiants KNOW which members are in high demand and order accordingly. If you want to see the current handshake queen Yamamoto Sayaka - regardless if you are a die-hard fan or not - you absolutely need to apply for her in the first round. No exception.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. rka

Oshimen:
    Tanigawa Airi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
  17. hinapyon

hinapyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sato Sumire
    Twitter:
    nagekinohina
    It was streamed on G+; there was no DVD release or anything but naturally recordings of the stream exist. I have a garbage-tier 360p rip, which is like, postage-stamp sized on my 2017 monitor lol.
    Its the same first day concert as the DVD, but different camera angles; as well 'fail' camera shots that are blurred, focusing on the wrong members sometimes, etc (Typical livestream concert problems)
    And of course the audio is completely different and fixed for the DVD. Same as the other AKB livestreams.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. rka

Oshimen:
    Tanigawa Airi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    Thank you. I found this 360p file as well. It seems there is a 720p file out there, but zero seeders are zero seeders :>

19. Arbios

Arbios Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    a year ago i watched a documentary about the life of unranked akb48 members
    i remember it was with Shimada Haruka but can someone tell me who the other girl was?

20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane