AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, if the member is a senpai like Kitarie or Yukirin it also helps in passing on experience, which is a plus for the group as a whole (otoh, the senbatsu are more often enough too busy to attend theatre performances, so the question is if this really works of course).
    It's also (mainly?) a tool to increase the exposure of a selected/pushed member.

2. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    It's also a way to increase exposure/credibility to a new group. This started with the """"accidental"""" transfer of Sasshi to HKT which proved useful.
    And it also helps management to keep some people for some time longer have they planned to graduate (eg. both Kitahara Rie and Okada Nana were considering graduation before their respective kennins), giving them some other motivation.
    The kennin positions that existed from sister group girls to AKB48 teams were first and foremost a way to push them more, as it's already been said.

3. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Does anyone here knows if Unit Matsuri 2014 has been made into a DVD/ streamed somewhere? Because the units there are GODLY and I want to watch it so much, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    There was this secret link kinda thing in Youtube which lead to a cut of the Shower no Ato dakara performance in the matsuri, and it was uploaded by AKB48's official channel, so I wonder if there are any others...
    Can anyone please tell me if they know anything?

4. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Does anyone know how they decide which song will be considered the featured single? I assume in days of yore it was Aki-p's call as to which song on the disc would be ''the'' song. Is that the case now? Have the girls ever had a say as to what particular song should be the A side? I'm sure we've all had occasion over the years to believe that they made the wrong choice. Thanks in advance.

5. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Pretty sure the girls have no choice. Could be Aki-P or at least him and some higher management of their label together.

6. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    What's wrong with the 8th generation of AKB48? Why there weren't a person who was pushed or even popular? Even the smallest generation (the 6th) had Takajo Aki?

7. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    From what I read here before it was a problematic generation and everyone graduated/was fired before even being promoted to full member.

8. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Wow, I didn't know this. Anyone care to tell stories about this?

9. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

If I remember correctly, fame thirsty or something

10. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Wasn't it more a lack of effort and commitment ... fame thirsty is not that much a problem in Japan I think ... not doing your best/utmost is.

11. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I saw 8th Gen Kenkyuusei perform a couple of times. At the time, they seemed like your run of the mill kks. However, I don't remember thinking any of them were particularly special. I know a lot of people liked (or hated, depending on who you asked) Fujimoto Sara. Anyway, they did some sort of "Kenkyuusei Review" at the time (It wasn't the only time they did this, mind you) and it was pretty much decided that they would all be dismissed. iirc, they did not use the term "graduation." And the conversation I remember is that they collectively did not have a good attitude or work ethic.

12. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Some time ago I read a translated interview with a staff member (maybe Togasaki?) and he basically said this. He mentioned that it was one of the first AKB48 generations after the group started having a bigger media breakout, so most of them wanted to be members to say they were part of AKB48, but didn't really want to put any further effort into the job.
    I tried searching for the interview but I can't find it anymore. It was in a blog.

13. Tentenko

Tentenko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Is there a date set for when the team shuffle announced in Dec comes into effect? Did a quick google and couldn't find anything more precise than "spring".

14. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    On the SSK website, members are already listed in their new teams: https://www.akb48.co.jp/sousenkyo53rd/candidate

Also, not sure if this is just a Stage48 thing or if it's from an official source, but members are already listed in their new teams on Jabaja single page as well. Either way, considering the SSK website is official, I'm guessing new teams are coming in any day now. And if you check theater schedule, currently only Team 8 stages are scheduled. Maybe because new teams are still practicing?

15. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

April but I don’t know where people got it from

16. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    MWAKB beat me to it. I was just looking for the right link.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  18. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    There used to be an election for songs which didn't have music videos yet, right? It was called Music Video Request 2012, I believe.
    Why that even was stopped? That could have been an interesting yearly competition to vote for songs which didn't have MVs.

19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    idk you should write a letter to AKS :^^;:

20. Tentenko

Tentenko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Thanks, didn't realize it was so soon! Guess that explains why there have been no shows in the AKB theater for the last few days. Bit sad that I'll not get to see a final performance of the (current) Team 4 stage, really enjoyed that one.