1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48 Sousenkyo Senbatsu 80 Celebration Concert in Yokohama Arena (2016/09/15)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 10, 2016.

1. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

nice job by Yuihan on the piano :)

too bad no footage for Dasu

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

You do know it's basically a solo song anyway, right? lol

4. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    Yuihan did great. Did she learn playing the piano for this concert?
    It's really awesome that she managed to play, singing and hitting the notes.

Also the people behind Haruppi throwing glitter are the best xD

Sent with Tapatalk

5. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Ohmygod Yukirin gave me the chills
    and wth with Mayuyu's voice

6. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Accoring to Jijipress' video Sakura centered Seifuku no Mannequin. And I believe Paruru's song is similar.

Speaking of which, I want them to show Paruru's song. Or the moment when they announced the new single like KwL in RH. But at least Sakura's Seifuku no Mannequin is impressive. Those MJ and Crow's Blood vibes are really her elements huh.

And the amount of efforts Yuihan put into her song :1st:

Haruppi stole the whole trailer for me with those glitters and her running wildly among the audience :hehe:

7. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

The Jijipress video...

I haven't been this excited to watch a concert since... Kouhaku 2015.

Holy shit the contents!!!!

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Saaaaaaaaame!
    Never cared about that NGT song, but damn it sounds beautiful.

I actually love Mayu in there.
    I hate her AKB persona, but then she comes out with stuff like this and... :omfg:

9. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Yukirin's performance o_O She's serving May. J with that voice and it was so smooth.

Sayanee literally confirmed that Must be Now is basically a solo song with backdancers :lol:

This concert looks amazing, judging from the snippet.

10. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

How is no one talking about Jurina's special effect thingy, that was hella cool.:eek:

11. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Mayu picked an...interesting...style. Not one she's particularly good at...or known for...or has perfected...in the slightest...

kinda eugh, but I guess she is trying something new at least.

Really excited for this concert, more than ever now. I love the shows that highlight the girls as solo acts.

12. hinapyon

hinapyon Member

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Twitter:
    nagekinohina
    Mayu (or someone in her management) seems to like Magirashiteiru, she peformed it on AKB SHOW last year as well. Wasn't impressed with it then, but judging from that clip, her performance in concert may actually be worse. :/

13. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Haruppi full on lip synced too.

14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Mayu sounded like a bag of cats being thrown down a stairwell at the start of that.

Haruppi's vocals were solid and it looked like a fun performance, Yukirin and Sayanee seemed as good as they ought to be and while Sasshi's vocals sounded rough in 12 byou I love that she always gives 100% commitment in concert performances no matter what.

15. pacmanamcap

pacmanamcap Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    imamuramaria
    A similar concert was performed after SSK 2010 in Yoyogi Stadium.
    They SSK senbatsummembers performed their signature songs, with others members and KKS as companions.

16. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Mayu likes 'Magirashiteiru' a lot, she mentioned on an interview that the song wasn't supposed to be for her but she loved it. I have no issues with the rougher voice, it's great she is experimenting rather to stick with the same, I'm more upset with the lack of supporting musicians. It sounded incomplete imo but need the full version of course. I hope she can get a Takarazuka-like song por something rockish to keep practicing...her vocals usually are pretty solid .

I like Haruppi's charisma and she is really pretty, but her voice not so much... I think my favorite performance is Seifuku no Mannequin <3 the style really suits Sakura and Murashige, while not my favorite, has an amazing face expression when it comes to cool songs.

17. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

Well, of course i need to see the entire concert (espeially Rie's perf), but from the previews I think just Yukirin and Mayuyu were really good....
    Sasshi and Haruppi were also good, at least it was enterteinment...
    For Yui it's kind of bad, cause I was more worried / cheer about her that she would finish the perf than getting enterteined.
    Jurina, sorry, I love her and I actually like her terrible voice, but she was looking like a whore
    Sayanne it's boring for me
    (i not hating or anything, I wish only the best for all of them and that they are all really succesfull, but it doesn't mean that they are my personal preference)

18. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

The unfortunate issue is that pop musicians don't (generally) sing properly. I'm not saying Mayu is bad, she is quite good most of the time, but the pop style of singing that nearly all idols use is not properly supported by the diaphragm - it is modulated and supported in the throat to create a less deep and resonant sound instead - and the shape they make with their mouths while singing is geared more towards looking pleasant to the audience than singing properly. The song Mayu was attempting to sing needs to be sung in a way that is the polar opposite of how she usually sings, and as a result I don't think she has the development in certain areas necessary to push out a song like that. I think the only other song she's done in a style that calls for "proper singing" is Saba no Kanzume, which is enka and not a style someone can pin down without years of rigorous training.

My choir director in high school used to lecture us so often about the difference between the way pop stars sing and the way singing is supposed to be done in a way that won't eventually harm or ruin your vocal chords... it's really a stark difference in sound and in looks. Singing in a proper way almost never lends itself to a good "pop sound" and it doesn't always LOOK beautiful - it usually looks kind of silly actually - which I think is a big reason why we tend not to see idols getting the right vocal training, they just don't need it for what they're doing daily. However, we do see some crossover with AKB, Uta wo utaitai which sounds like a real Broadway number is a great example, and the Infinity musical too of course. Akimoto Sayaka was certainly one of the great AKB members as far as someone with a theater voice vs a pop voice. Masuda Yuka is another. I believe Mayu could do well in that style too, I've heard some really good glimmers of it out of her over the years but she's too married to the pop image to change completely over now.

19. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Too bad that Jijipress video didn't cover Naachan solo since I heard (read) that it was great.
    Also I'm curious about Kitarie since the comment about it said that it brings laughter... :)

20. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    How Mayuyu sang Magirashiteiru made me remember times when my playlist played my favorite song but I have no mood to sing that but I do it anyway. Lol.

Yukirin sure is so good on this. She sang it beautifully.

Favorite visual is Jurina's effect. Oh man that's so cool.

I respect Sasshi performance so far, looks like she is doing it with great effort. Good job queen.