1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

AKB48 Subunit - DiVA

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by umechanhai, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    If only they could bring a certain Nail Salon owner to office48/flave so she could join DiVA... :awesome:

2. firetrucks

firetrucks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Is there no way Yuka can take part in this? :(

It's already great news that they'll keep Diva (on another hand, still hoping for more activity in Not Yet) so I hope it continues with all of them.

3. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Not Yet is under Ohta Pro control, that said, consider all 4 members are all super busy especially with Sasshi and Yuko (when she do get acting parts), it'll be tough to 4 of them on same page for new releases. Not to mention that will only further delay the creation of new original stages and that Ohta Pro most likely makes less money for Not Yet releases then having Sasshi showing up in bunches for prime-time variety and Yuko/Kitarie taking acting roles and Yui taking whatever jobs available. Not Yet is a case where the four of them seperate might be much more profitable and effective than combine, similar to what No3b is now evidently by their latest release.

But back to DiVA, it's not like the group really ties to AKB anyway, it already have a image as the least-connected sub-group despite being under Office 48 (therefore by extension AKS). I mean technically they have members who are not AKB affiliated with their back-dancers position. Remember the huge stir it caused on the fandom back when the have open audition them instead giving positions internally to lessor profile members who can dance?

4. firetrucks

firetrucks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Just missed the good old days, I guess. At least this subgroup proved Ohta that they're all worth pushing.

On Diva, YEAH, that was pretty sticky. Some still haven't gotten over that, but in my opinion that was for the best since adding low profile members makes the unit have less substance as a 4-member dance and vocal group of AKB members. That said, here's to hoping for a Masuda comeback.

5. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

First I'd like to apologize for the length of this post, but hopefully I formatted it well enough that people can get something out of it.

1. Yuka's more than likely not going to be with them at a'nation. The performance is on August 3rd and that's the opening day of Yuka new musical. It also happens to be Yuka's birthday. Imagine that. Strange cosmic coincidence. Such important events for them all colliding on the same day. I can't help but smile at the thought of it all.

2. As someone mentioned earlier, DiVA staff started an Ameba blog a couple days ago:
    http://ameblo.jp/divastaff/

This on the heels of the a'nation announcement, a good sign that they haven't given up on promoting them.

(Something to ponder - what does it mean that AKB, SKE and DiVA will be at a'nation but French Kiss will not?)

Anyway, they addressed a couple of questions that fans were asking about in comments:

Me personally I didn't even really think of the possibility of Sayaka leaving DiVA when I heard she announced her graduation. Leaving AKB and leaving DiVA are 2 separate choices as was sort of alluded to by Yuka. You already have members who are not 48-group members. And as soon as the 6 non-AKB members joined, I always thought there was a strong possibility this group would probably exist after everyone graduates and consequently keep Sae, Sayaka, Umechan, and Yuka together for a long time.

I've always thought also from reading all the DiVA member blogs that their feelings toward the group was too strong to let it die. That it was something important enough to all of them, despite the inactivity, and being handicapped by schedules and circumstance - it was always something they were thinking about and worth it to them all to wait on.

Apparently this caused some confusion and anxiety about their intention. Are they separating or what's going on? So they posted a LONG follow up for clarification. Lots of good information.

I've been sitting on this post for a few hours now, so I need to cut this off here. I'll add to the last one and maybe do some rough translations when I get back home.

6. kamo

kamo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Today DiVA members meet Yuka and had lesson for 10 hours to preparing concert in a-nation
    can't wait for it :XD:

pic:
    DiVA Yukaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (≧▽≦)ノ(;▽;)
    [​IMG]

from Ume twitter Looks so fun :XD:
    [​IMG]

Sae expression is awesome in this photo :lol:
    [​IMG]

7. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    So Yuka's gonna be with them or not? 1st pic should be from her twitter.

EDIT: I mean she isn't in DiVA anymore but yeah bonding.

8. Angelii

Angelii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kishinorika
    They are rehearsing and Yuka went to visit them
    She couldn't perform with them anyway as on the same day she is having her debut in her new musical.

9. Angelii

Angelii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kishinorika
  10. kamo

kamo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    DiVA@ a nation
    [​IMG]

Set list
    1. Lost the Way
    2. Tsuki no Uragawa
    3. Fade Out
    Short MC
    4. Cry
    5. Information

Yuka’s parts in:
    Tsuki no Uragawa’s verse → Umechan
    Information’s chorus → Sae
    All others → Sayaka

Before the main stage, 2nd gen members held a free live stage.
    1. Lost the way (Instrumental)
    2. Cry (Kasuya, Futami, Fukuno and Furukawa sang!!)
    3. Tsuki no Uragawa (Fukuno, Kasuya, Yamagami and Inoue sang!!)
    And after that Sayaka appeared in runway at NUMERO’s fashion show.

fans report:
    They performed happily, so I also felt happy to see them.
    Sae’s dance was really awesome!! Great!!
    during “Information", Sayaka forgot lyrics for Yuka’s part and was like "…Uh?" for a second, then she just randomly made up the lyric on the spot and sang like a boss XDDD

morepic:
    http://ameblo.jp/divastaff/entry-11585812029.html
    http://www.sanspo.com/geino/images/2013 ... 017-p5.jpg

news: http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/201308 ... 17-n2.html
    all credits to nmt79 and sasuga-kashira @tumblr

11. kamo

kamo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    DiVA@ a nation
    [​IMG]

Set list
    1. Lost the Way
    2. Tsuki no Uragawa
    3. Fade Out
    Short MC
    4. Cry
    5. Information

Yuka’s parts in:
    Tsuki no Uragawa’s verse → Umechan
    Information’s chorus → Sae
    All others → Sayaka

Before the main stage, 2nd gen members held a free live stage.
    1. Lost the way (Instrumental)
    2. Cry (Kasuya, Futami, Fukuno and Furukawa sang!!)
    3. Tsuki no Uragawa (Fukuno, Kasuya, Yamagami and Inoue sang!!)
    And after that Sayaka appeared in runway at NUMERO’s fashion show.

fans report:
    They performed happily, so I also felt happy to see them.
    Sae’s dance was really awesome!! Great!!
    during “Information", Sayaka forgot lyrics for Yuka’s part and was like "…Uh?" for a second, then she just randomly made up the lyric on the spot and sang like a boss XDDD

morepic:
    http://ameblo.jp/divastaff/entry-11585812029.html
    http://www.sanspo.com/geino/images/2013 ... 017-p5.jpg

news: http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/201308 ... 17-n2.html
    all credits to nmt79 and sasuga-kashira @tumblr

12. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    DiVA released a new MV! [party]
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSeNPFctnKA[/yt]

It's apparently a cover version of another song

13. wotarubsakb

wotarubsakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    lepetitechiot
    Amazing :inlove: I knew they would be back! ahhh Love the dance! They all look so professional and cool :cute: But I seriously miss Yuttan... :cry:

Edit: Yeah it's a cover for this

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92xqrmkaMTA[/yt]

14. SunnySK42

SunnySK42 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    Ah I am so excited about this! I had kind of thought that DiVA was done releasing anything new but really wanted to be wrong and I'm so glad I was! Looking at their website it looks like it's a tie-in with an app called "UULA" so I'm not sure if there will be a physical release but I really hope that there will be because that would mean events. As for the song itself, I've heard the original version and like it well enough. It's definitely a lot more calm than DiVA's usual releases; I usually like the more upbeat stuff but honestly I'm just so happy to hear anything from them.

15. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    I was really really excited to see that there was a new video from the number one best subunit to ever exist, but I really can't decide if this is any good or not...

16. wotarubsakb

wotarubsakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    lepetitechiot
    Source:http://sasuga-kashira.tumblr.com/post/79526300655/about-divas-new-song-wow-war-tonight

*throws a fit* :asdfgh: and it looks like no CD release either then... [box]
    I knew this was too good to be true.

17. SunnySK42

SunnySK42 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    Ugh, I'm really pissed. I have an au iPhone but actually UULA should work with pretty much any Japanese phone (I tried with my American iPhone too, no dice) if you pay through the website. They even take foreign credit cards... BUT if you have a jailbroken iPhone it won't let you play any video. It wouldn't work at all at first and I downloaded something so that it did and even paid, and THEN it wouldn't play the video. Unfortunately I can't un-jailbreak my phone since I wouldn't be able to re-jailbreak it due to the new update, and I need it to be jailbroken for work-related reasons. I'll keep searching and see if I can find a way around it. :(

Long story short I personally can't watch it. If nothing else, I'll un-jailbreak my phone when I leave my job in August, so I guess I can watch it then. Definitely hoping that it somehow pops up online before that though. I really wish that there was another way to see it, it seems silly to go to all the work of shooting a video and then severely limiting who can even watch it. What about all of the fans who don't even have a smartphone?

18. Criss

Criss Member

Its official: Avex hates DIVA.

Come on!!! Its a cover song... and a bad cover.
    Aside of Sayaka the rest of the song its... trash, really, we must face the truth.
    Why giving this remake to DIVA? 2 year of hiatus and they come with this? :fp: :fp: :fp:

Sorry, but DIVA still dead.

19. Atsu-nee

Atsu-nee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    Must be some fetish song Avex.
    AAA also has cover of Wow War Tonight.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbu1M3ircQk[/yt]

this song it in Makenai kokoro single of AAA.

Maybe Avex want to check sales potential of Diva before giving new song.

20. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    This has to be the most boring comeback I've ever seen (forgive me, Umechan); the girls look wonderful and the whole pv concept is cool (Sae's vocals sound great, never been a fan of her voice 70% of the time), but...

a) Still not feeling the backup dancers, especially with this song.(Are they going to get lines eventually?)
    b) The lack of actual promotion won't help at all to restablish the group, except for those whom already know the girls.
    c) There goes my lingering hope of seeing Yuttan singing with them again.

---

Hope they can come with something BETTER in the future.