AKB48 Subunit - Watarirouka Hashiritai

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by Silver Rain, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    This is really sad, they were my favorite subunit. But to be fair, Watarirouka Hashiritai was no longer what it used to be.

2. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    not a surprise. Harugon blooming in JKT, Lovetan as front girl of HKT, Komorin gone, Mayu busy as solo idol...

I'm not sure about the reason of this group, but in my opinion the purpose of warota was just to promote mayu. Now that she went to a more mature character, Warota had no more reason to live.

Also i don't think Harugon will accept to leave JKT where she found herself even for a single to be a backdancer of Mayu.

They have their own path now, every member. Wasamin is also doing quite good as Enka. They don't need warota to promote themselves so this end is fine. At least to me

3. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I thought I'd never see the day that an AKB sub-unit would actually disband, 'officially.' :hmm:

4. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    well, i think they had a good run, and i expected this since a long time ago, most of them are in different places and are doing different things now, Nacchan & Komorin are gone, Harugon in JKT, Aichan in HKT, Wasamin busy with her Enka stuff, Mayuyu busy trying to become the next AKB's queen and her solo idol life, Ayarin, well, i guess Ayarin is just being in AKb, but yeah, i agree none of them are that together anymore since Nacchan's graduation, so this is not new, though i will miss this subunit, :)

thinking about whether to buy the complete album, might be a nice thing to have to remember one of AKB's best units

5. disneyanime91

disneyanime91 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Not particularly surprised, but still a little sad nonetheless. They were my favourite subunit from AKB48, but since they'd all gone their own ways now, I suppose this had to happen sooner or later. Mayu's in a bind trying to make it to the top while fending off Jurina, Sashihara and the rest of the aces; Harugon's making it big in Jakarta; Lovetan's got HKT48 to take care of; Wasamin's got a blooming Enka career ahead of her; Komori and Natsumi are off pursuing their own dreams... And with a new resident loli/kawaii group on the block in Tentomu Chu! (and one that's, in my opinion, pretty damn adorable - seriously, get Chu! to cover Valentine Kiss or Gyu!, and I'm sold), there's not much reason for WH7 to remain if it's just going to be a burden on the girls' careers.

That said, I hope they'll get together again for Unit Matsuri performances - if Unit Matsuri still happens next year, that is.

I am interested, however, in what that article has to say about these 'differences' between the members. I'd always wondered if there was friction between the girls - it seems there's some sort of conflict between Mayu and Lovetan? (Oddly enough - I'd always thought that Mayu, Lovetan and Harugon formed some sort of closely-bonded Ori-B trio)

6. wotarubsakb

wotarubsakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    lepetitechiot
    I'm really sad to hear this news :( but ofc it was expected from such a long break of any releases or any news. I will definitely be getting their album in memory of WH7. Also because I joined the 48 fandom too late to get their singles on release date. It will be a bitter sweet Christmas present for myself.

7. Ernietheracefan

Ernietheracefan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    the question is who will be in the roster....??
    the original five + three...???

8. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

The dissolution was expected; there wasn't anything new for so long since the last single.

9. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    The first album had the Team B core of Mayu, Lovetan, Harugon, Nacchan, Ayarin. Maybe they'll add the three for this one as the last 5 singles had them in there I think.

I don't think there's any conflict whatsoever. It's natural to aspire for a higher position in the group. Lovetan and Harugon got that in their respective groups. Mayuyu already made her mark in AKB. To me it's more than friendship, maybe like sisters.

10. Ernietheracefan

Ernietheracefan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    you're not alone mate...
    I remember when I'm using Frosty and James Courtney's numbers to memorize Mayuyu and Lovetan 2010 ranks(sorry if little bit OOT) when I know Warota
    join me in saluting Warota..!!!

11. disneyanime91

disneyanime91 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Just a question: given the current situation, is Valentine Kiss still eligible for Request Hour 2014? Because no way am I letting them dissolve without at least one final performance together!

12. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

This is actually quite an impressive thought. I don't think that a few years ago you couldn't expected what they would have achieved as individuals, when Warota were just the cute young Team B subgroup

13. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

they should not disband he group, instead hey should take a page out of exile's j-soul brothers

14. GTR

GTR Kenkyuusei

^^^ I was actually thinking the same. Just give the current members a new group name :XD:

15. netmand

netmand Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    ...another reason why this year has been a bit questionable for me... but really, I agree with those that say this sub-unit is no longer viable. All of the members have completely grown-out of the feel that group portrayed. With their voices maturing as well they'll never get that Watarirouka sound back.

I am very happy they are re-releasing their songs. I hope it certainly is everything... including all of the music videos.

16. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    It's sad to for me to see the group that introduced to this whole 48 family :cry:
    But it can't be helped since a lot of things developed in the past year & half, the members are going for the next stage in their career & their hands are already full with many tasks that they must fulfill in order to create a better career for their 48 group & themself.
    And lets not forget that the main selling point for the group was that they're the youngest subunit or imouto subunit, & I think (Tentoumu Chu!) is already taking the flag from the unforgettable subunit "Watarirouka Hashiritai"

And I will never forget this song that started everything for me in this great 48G
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpwA_GNEloc[/yt]
    And from this on, it was like rolling snowball.

17. wotarubsakb

wotarubsakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    lepetitechiot
  18. Silver Rain

Silver Rain Kenkyuusei

Yes! So looking forward to this! :omfg:

19. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

if the video does not show watch the video here

Promotional Video.

20. yukizuri

yukizuri Kenkyuusei

great idea here, but you have to find support !
    hope japanese find will think the same as you !