AKB48 Team 8 (Idols who go meet you project x Toyota)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Trinu, Jan 23, 2014.

1. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    [​IMG]

this is pure genius.

I think all this scheme has been set up for Nounen Rena to be center of team 8. [aup]

2. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

As soon as I saw "Team 8" I just started laughing.

So it looks like Team 8 will presumably only have 16-20ish members made up of girls chosen from each of the 47 prefectures. And with one girl per prefecture, I don't think any KKS or Draft member wants to go through that selection. But it would be funny to see girls try to move to the most remote small populated prefecture :lol:

Seeing as how it's a promotional event, it is reasonable to think Team 8 will cease after the summer. Even a promotional Team 8 can get whittled down from 16 members and mix current KKS to be a permanent Team 8.

3. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

I dunno, while I'm shaky on the idea itself, if they are going to do it then I'd rather Team 8 become a permanent thing. They shouldn't grab people's attention and then say, "Oh, it was actually nothing." Besides, if Team 8 is going to have such a fleeting existence, people might take Team 4 less seriously too by association. No one's going to choose an oshimen who they know will be gone in such a short time.

And they will only keep 16 girls? So 31 prefectures will end up becoming unrepresented? That strikes me as odd too. I'm pretty sure the existing members of 48 group already represent more than 16 prefectures. I think I'll wait for them to release more details.

4. jovviny

jovviny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I kind of like the idea of team a, k, b, 4 and 8, but only if they are "real" teams with 16-20 girls you can follow and get to know. I also like the "team feel" concept. Each team should have something that made them special. I don't like the thought of breaking teams up and shuffling the members unless there is a compelling reason for it. And the thought of those girls in team 8, if it's only a publicity stunt and they are then just discarded... :cry: . I really hope that will not happen!

5. SunnySK42

SunnySK42 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    Re: [CONCERT] AKB48 Request Hour Set List Best 200 2014

Wow, the scale of this is a lot bigger than I had thought. By really pushing it in each prefecture, even the small ones, they're bringing it to the attention of a larger group of people who probably would have no interest otherwise. It almost feels like it could be an American Idol type of thing if they actually broadcast the auditions unlike in the past (although on that and most reality shows the winners never do much after...). Still, I agree that it won't feel like AKB48- it'll feel like a local idol group.

I think the part that I don't like is that the whole thing is in essence a bloated ad campaign that doesn't really relate to the rest of AKB (the idea of the theater, kenkyuusei, etc.). If another group had wanted to do this same thing I would think it was a cool idea.

6. t-motion

t-motion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Twitter:
    Wowwaffless
    I really don't understand whats going on.
    The whole concept are so ridiculous, and also totally unnecesarry. :fp:

Lets see:
    1. They promised the new stages for ages, and now when they announced, they delayed again.WTF?
    (except Team N)
    2. They "promised" the new generation. Leading from the 9-12th generation.
    Well this on progress currently, but I think its too slow.
    3. They started the DRAFT system, we dont know they will continue. I didnt really like the concept, for only few groups was profitable that Draft thing.

What we need:
    - No audition at least 6-9 month.
    - New f...ng stages!
    - More respect for the talented members (actually they started)
    - Creative singles with valuabe MVs.
    - Focus the new generation, and leave the KKS to learn, and also current draftes too.
    - and please forget fast that team 8 bullshit.

thank you.

7. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    I might be in the minority here, but I love it when AKB experiments and tries things like this. I think that rewards highly outweigh the risks here. AKB is creating a new event, which keeps them in the press, probably getting funding from Toyota to run this audition and will increase their exposure and potential fanbase to the more rural prefectures. I think that the support that Sasshi receives from her home prefecture is a good indicator of the potential support a local girl could get if she passes the audition. If this all fails, they can just sweep it under the rug and come up with some new idea to get all the PR.

In another way, this could also be AKB's solution to finishing their Prefecture Tour they never completed.

8. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    We need Team 6.

Then we can have AE86 go on tour.

9. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    Team 8? More like, GMT0048 amirite?

...Get it? Because the GMT47 thing from Amachan and the idols meet YOU thing from AKB0048

Ah forget you

10. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    My opinion:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is all.

11. pinkfluffballs

pinkfluffballs Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabe mayu
    Twitter:
    belletagy
    i just hope that the KKS and draft members won't be shafted away.. :cry: and seriously i don't understand why management keeps trying out new things when there's so much more to complete in the current akb (stages, etc).

but oh well it has already been announced and auditions have already started, this team 8 thing will probably not go away. sigh.

(i'm kind of looking forward to see how this progresses though.)

12. mayuoshi

mayuoshi Kenkyuusei

Delivering us tofu of course.

I know it's good for AKB48 to try new things, but at the same time, they need to do so without compromising what made AKB popular in the first place. Go crazy and do all sorts of radical things as long as we get new stages each year, well-thought singles, etc. For now, it might work to keep adding new events and occasions to drum up AKB exposure, but when the dust settles, AKBs future will be down to whether AkiP can offer us better singles, better stages and better skills from the members.

13. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I don't think they will held a big nationwide audition if they aren't serious in forming Team 8. they could have just form a Team Toyota or something composing of AKB48 members with a song sung by AKB48 members like a one time partnership. i.e Team Dragon while Team Surprise had been a mainstay partnership. though the odd thing is they will reveal the new team on a Toyota event and another set of new members. that got me thinking that. is this getting out of hand? they already have so many members already and considering Team 4 is just new and it's members are just starting to be build up then they are gonna add a new team with the Draft members not even debuting yet for the sake of high paying sponsor when they couldn't even push more than 8-10 AKB48 members because other 48G members are taking spot in senbatsu.

14. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    oh, god. I can't catch my breath. lol :lol:

well, I don't now how to react. I have mixed feeling about this team 8. it is good to see girls from all prefecture, but is it temporary or what? if it is temporary, then after AKS collaboration with toyota ended, they have to disband team 8 or what? and the girls? expelled or become a kenkyuusei? honestly, I feel sorry for the girls.

15. black_snow

black_snow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    You guys think this is ridiculous? [hehe] Watch Aki-P add another character to the group's name in the future just so he can create another team in the group. [​IMG] Like AKB48X or AKB48Z or something like that. :XD:

16. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I agree, though AKB48 is known for having so many members with dynamic personality and character.
    but having too much of anything is bad. it's good to have many members to root for but how many of them will really got a chance to be top member and go on to be a future star in the entertainment industry? considering that AKB48 is like a compressed 48G where every 48G member can be a top member of AKB48 even if they aren't original AKB48 member. how many non-senbatsu member struggle to have a idol career in AKB anyway that it's almost incredible that Wasamin and M.Sakiko have solo work.

17. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

@black_snow

AKB48... Zetto! I'm not sure if I want to see this or not :lol:

18. lilypie

lilypie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Honestly,

I'm not too excited, though I know that AKB always needs the media attention and hype. It's oneof their ways to stay alive. But I do feel like there's so many things left undone/untouched/barely touched/etc etc that really, they're just throwing ideas out there and not cleaning up after themselves.

Though some would that it isn't necessary anyways, but I feel like it's definitely leaving some fans hanging. PLUS, when do they ever need more members? Not at the moment. NOT when they have plenty of young girls who need the attention and experience. NOT when they still haven't spent enough time on them to turn their attention to others (like draftees).

Humph :3

19. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I agree, it's like they started a project then move on the next one without finishing first the other one.
    they like act on the moment. it's like Toyota had offered to sponsor AKB48 and then they ask Aki-P on what kind of gimmick they should make to promote Toyota. then Aki-P said why don't we make a Team 8. and the promo tagline is "idols who come to meet you" using Toyota cars and everyone agreed. :lol:

20. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

You guys ever wonder if maybe AKB/OOO48 is too big? :^^;:

There's pride in saying you're a former MoMu or Onyanko Club member. But with so many girls, the 6 degrees of separation is probably already verging on 5 degrees.

Unforunately, I don't think AKB can put lackluster effort in this campaign. It's not like the art club or literary club or whatever that one idea was where AKB would act like a school giving grades out. There's too much involvement now that they can't quietly abandon it and hope nobody brings it up or remembers (Eiguchi Ami :lol: )