AKB48 Team 8 (Idols who go meet you project x Toyota)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Trinu, Jan 23, 2014.

1. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

That is pretty hilarious. :^^;:

2. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    :lol: classy, literally this is what will happen once Team 8 is formed. the draft members haven't debuted yet and then they're already holding auditions for Team 8 members :fp:

3. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I've never been much of a fan of the whole "draft" thing, so if they quietly forget about it (like they do with a lot of things...) I wouldn't mind at all. [hehe]

4. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    yeah, if this will happen. then all the fuss the fans and media made for the draft kaigi was just for nothing.
    I can still remember how the Team Captains and Team members take this event seriously when this will all just gonna be forgotten when Team 8 debuted :lol:

5. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

I'm not a fan of either, but I'd really hate it if AKB starts to give people the impression that they keep biting off more than they can chew. Even if I don't like what management has done, I don't exactly want them to fail for obvious reasons. Hopefully in the future when AKB has become more stable, we can look back on this period as "the experimental/chaotic phase".

I do think the Draft event ended up being alright (other than the fact that they seemed to have forgotten about it, of course), so... let's just be patient and see how it turns out...

6. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    why can't they just focus on one thing first than making everything simultaneously. these girls auditioned cause they believed this is where their future lies but right now I'm seeing a bunch of girls holding to a forgotten promise and hopeless dreams. some of the draft members age range is almost the graduation age range and they're just starting with no official date whatsoever. when will they debut when no one cares anymore? [wonder]

7. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

A lot of negative reactions it seems.[hehe] Personally, I've been thinking if we're going to have a team 4, where's team 8? So I've been more or less waiting for this announcement, just not this soon and not with another 'skipping the KKS fase' concept, but I guess they wanted to give the media and fans something to talk about and earn some good money from Toyota at the same time. Maybe it would've been interesting if they hadn't done the drafts before, because now it will give the impression they're looking for more ways to add new members fast and make having KKS seem pointless. Also, introducing an entire team of newbies as a one time thing seems to have been better, in my opinion, than adding one inexperienced girl to a well established team, where her lack of experience might only make her stand out in a negative way (in the case of most girls at least).

Either way, I'm not convinced that this will be a temporary thing. Letting the girls audition, train them to full members and introduce them to the fans, only to show them the door in the end, would be ridiculous. I too am wondering how the fans will receive the new girls and how the girls are going to meet the fans, by visiting them at home or school, like some members have done before, or just giving concerts at different places? If the latter is the case, I'm pretty sure fans will want to go see them, especially those who don't get the chance to go to theater shows or concerts. I mean, as a foreign fan, if somebody told me these girls were visiting nearby to perform AKB songs, I'd definitely want to go (even if I had never seen them before). :awesome:

8. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Why won't fans complain? they have so many girls already when most of the current girls aren't established yet but they are still gonna add more and thus just gonna add more members who just come and go without accomplishing anything on AKB. they're like filtering members and those members who are not needed are just gonna end up graduating without even having a consistent push their entire career.

9. whizkaz

whizkaz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    archetypes00
    Haven't got the time to read the whole discussions and put myself in the verge of speculations, especially on who's gonna join and who isn't. But.... seriously?
    This team is going to be temporary, I suppose. Well that's the most mainstream speculation that one could draw, hence again I suppose after the whole toyota campaign is over the team will be disbanded, just like another special unit that made solely to promote a product or company e.g SKE48's samsung campaign. And the concept? Unless Aki-P pick the girls who is already well-known then the fans will be more than happy to be greeted by the team.

10. banzaiwota

banzaiwota Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    Guys personally i feel very sad if the three musketeers and the present team 4 will be shuffled!! :fp:
    BUT for the GOODNESS for them (Especially Kojimako,Naachan and Mikichan also Moe whom persistenly wanted to be the next Tomochin [hehe] etc)i think the shuffled is needed..
    Kojimako i think will be moved to team A,Naachan to team K and Mikichan goes to team B i think and certainly Moe will be go to team K followe her predecessor Tomochin. :hmm: :hmm:
    BUT this decision also has a BIG RISK!!! :yikes: :yikes:
    Like if the present team 4 big names are gone personally i think the type 4 of AKB releases should be CUT! [sweat]
    Coz the type 4 without their real stars??It will be very risky to releasing this type!! :hehe:
    UNLESS the stars of KKS will be FILLED to the team 4 like Naanya,Komiharu and Mion.. [nod] [nod]
    BUT i think their glamourity still UNDER the three Musketters and Moe i think!!! [think] [think]
    So the management must think CAREFULLY before doing this "SHUFFLED" thing!!! :angry: :angry:

11. upsidown

upsidown Kenkyuusei

Does Toyota have a plane? Cause I want Team 8 to come meet me in California.

12. nancharara

nancharara Kenkyuusei

I don't even know what's going on with the AKB system. First we have new Team 4, then draft kaigi was announced, after that this Team 8, and then the upcoming team shuffle. Goodness Aki-P, we're waiting for new Team Stages!

But anyway, the concept isn't so bad, but I wonder if Aki-P had been planning this or if he just got his inspiration from Amachan. Because if it's the latter, it'll be a case of the original imitating the parody. [hehe]

MTE. :D

13. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    I don't know how, I don't know when... but Miichan will be part of this team at some point. :XD:

14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    If it means Miichan no longer holds the record of being the only AKB member to be on all the teams, I hope she stays with Team 4 and that none of the girls are shuffled out.

15. ZerodotZero

ZerodotZero Kenkyuusei

With the GT86 that could actually work :p

16. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Remember when AKB had three teams with 16 members each? I really miss those days...

It's just too many girls. It's been too many for a long time and they're adding tons more with this "Team 8". The fans are absolutely saturated, and there's just no room for all the girls they're trying to push. It's like they're just (metaphorically) throwing as many girls as possible at the wall and hoping something sticks and becomes the new Acchan or Yuko.

17. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I'd say it's less like they're looking for another Acchan or Yuko (because even they have to realize how unrealistic that is) but more like a Sasshi on steroids.... and honestly, even that is stretching the bounds of reality with the way 48G is right now. It's not just in the crazy amount of girls they keep adding but the amount of pushes that happen then get sidelined for yet another push. I thought the rankings of the new gen pushes last year were fine (especially considering what happened the previous year) but then you look at mgmt's own prediction list... [speechless]

18. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Found some guy who uploaded a video file of a clip during the Nara prefecture auditions for Team 8. I uploaded it real quick.

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/88144469[/vimeo]

You can see that the auditions are underway and that they're in close cooperation with the TV stations. The audition even happens in a studio lol.

19. akbfan26

akbfan26 Kenkyuusei

Have been wanting to follow this all the time but never got the chance too. Looking forward to this.

20. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    It was posted on another thread but the names are already translated.
    Team 8 members