1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48's 13th Anniversary Show (2018/12/08)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 25, 2018.

1. welp

welp Next Girls

If that means they spend more time training, good for them.

When I talked about slice-of-life contents, I thought about the like of IZ*One Chu and Enozi Cam, such contents is not commonplace in J-pop. By the way, I like "My Cosmic Diary" of WJSN, the first half of it, most, it looked very real. I could see the members got their living space upgraded, I saw their tv table finally got a tv on it, saw they got a new table so no one had to eat off the floor anymore. Fromis9 used to stream their training classes in real time. I remember a Thai girl group also did live stream their training classes but were criticized that the classes did not look intense/serious enough.

They allow standing in the theater? I don't think that action comply with safety law. What if the fire breaks?

I don't follow the slope series but, don't Nogi and Keyaki have concerts often? Most idol groups loved by general public are perceived as good performers and perform many concerts, right? So, to be a public friendly group, AKB may have to be taken seriously as performer. Frankly, AKB's image is fairly poor especially among younger female that it has been a big dissing target on Japanese online communities especially Girls' Channel. Besides, K-pop is more popular than 48 among the youth because K-pop idol is perceived as skilled performer and, AKB needs more younger fans.

To be decent performer has nothing to do with Korean model.

I don't know how fansign will do in Japan but, it's a time efficient practice, taking an idol just 1.5 hour per a fansign, and fansigns in Korea of some K-pop groups are frequented by Japanese fans. I don't see what is wrong with fansign trial. Culture can evolve and it may be nice to altered some K-pop practices and incorporate them into AKB. . K-pop has been trying many J-pop ideas, not always succeed, and it can thrive because it keeps adopting new ideas from anywhere. S.M.'s NCT is clearly AKB influenced and I find it a brilliant business decision albeit cruel to members. If AKB will keep "No K-pop thank you" it will just gradually sink. Heck, 48 Group already has been trying to associate with K-pop via Produce and Iz*One and it will be more to come.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Someone really loves to throw a wall of text to prove he is a Kpop expert.
    Do you know AKB48 Group has fansign events? Of course you know nothing, right? :whistle:

Mnet gave the deal and AKS accepted it, that's it. It's funny if you really think AKS tried. :hehe:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "They allow standing in the theater?"

Here is the AKB48 theater seating chart. Note the areas marked 立ら見. I am not sure about the grammar, but 立 relates to standing and 見 to viewing. As you can see, there are no seats in those sections.
    Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 5.20.36 AM.png

https://www.akb48.co.jp/theater/seat/

4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Just throw away your pre concieved ideas and do something for your badly baked knowledge.
    I stoped counting your more or less wrong statements and theories about AKB, and the clashes you never fail to create, because you know only a portion of what you are talking. And you proved it once again.
    Or at least do some minimum searching work before typing in.

Sakamichi groups are right now where 48 groups used to be a few years ago, more especially 2013 - 2014
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/AKB48#Concerts

Isn't it precisely what they are doing since 3 singles ? Let's see where this will lead.

What is AKB48's fandom since day 1 ?

And about fansign:
    I don't know either how it would work, but why changing a formula that works marvelously since 13 years ?
    And yeah, they do fansigns nowadays, tickets are harder to get than reagular HS, and are not as random as what can be found in Kpop.
    it's not exactly the Kpop style but they do.
    Advice: visit the experiences threads.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    show about getting a TV and a table! How could AKB never think of that! They would have been selling 2 millions copies had they come up with that!

6. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Yes they have. That's the place usually for cancel machi. Anyone can read the "Your AKB48 experience" thread for more details.
    ---------------
    Oh boy, here we go again. [hehe]
    I guess welp totally missed the point.
    Simple thing is, "focusing on theatre" doesn't imply taking profit from theater. It will sold out everytime, whatever they do. So there will be no difference for them.

Giving new songs and new stage actually to give the girls the opportunity to make it their own songs. Not compared to their senpais, like whoever perform Itoshisha no Accel will be compared to Takamina. Hence, it will be about how their actual skills and charm on stage will be the deciding factor to make wotas to talk about them and leads to increased HS, at least for a while. If they are good at it, it will snowball to other wotas. See Yuiyui's (or to some extent Moeka's) story for reference.

About fansign, may I laugh out loud? :lol::rofl: what do you think they do in the HS especially gimmick slot? Again, check the experience thread for further reference. And I don't see why they should start doing "fansign" now, they already doing it since...ages. why should they replace something superior to something...lesser? Try buying 10 CDs and see how many "fansign" ticket you MAY get for Kpop S-list artist, and try to buy 10 AKB CDs and see how many ticket you WILL get for HS/2S photo/1S video/signed -card/poster/CD jacket/photo/bookmark/whatever thing they provide. The worst thing can happen for the AKB one is you get 10 HS tickets to meet and talk with your idol. When if you are lucky or spend big enough, they will know you personally. That's the point of HS, human interaction to relate with a celebrity. Friendly reminder, 1.5 hour per fansign :hehe: that is the amount of time of 1 slot for 1 48G member. More effective? Say maximum number for a slot is 400 tickets. So it will be for at most 400 people. How many people they serve in Kpop? More than that? That means the time with a member is even lesser right? I don't see the more effective part in terms of quality of communication, 1 ticket is barely enough to talk about 1 full sentence and get reply for AKB HS. If they serve less, I don't know...after buying tens/hundreds and you may got nothing, I am not doing that.

Should they have more concerts? Maybe yes, to a little extent. Wait, how many concerts do they have in a year, in January alone there will be at least 14 concerts. In a year, several mini concerts for each single in National HS, plus SSK, 2 thanksgiving, Janken, (+anniversary, eito no hi and 3-4 zenkoku tours for eito). So I'm pretty sure AKB concert is more frequent than Nogi/Keyaki, they just do not go full concert everytime. I'd say maybe the team can have team national tour again, or maybe once they replenish the members without counting the kennins.

Edit:

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Not from the Anniv, I haven't watch it. This one may do.
    Starting at 14.00 for Rei's first ever appearance. She already center that song 3 times so far, twice at the Fuji TV event :fear: maybe because that is the only position she learn until now.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

One person should take a shot for every post where someone mentions Kpop, Koreans, Korea, and/or like words. I’m sure the entire population on Earth will be wiped out :awesome:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Protip, you can SEE the folk standing in the back of the theater in every LOD. ;)

It is also faster to clear a room of standing people, than for those folks to clear out of seats. In the case of a fire. :fp: It is more about having a good number of clear exit paths (shown in @sscrla's chart) and unlocked/unblocked exit points, among other things.

9. ossan

ossan Member

M02: Aitakatta 
    16 Gen:
    Michieda Saki, Harima Nanami, Homma Mai
    Draft 3:
    Sato Shiori, Furukawa Nazuna, Honda Sora, Okada Rina, Katsumata Saori, Suenaga Yuzuki, Nagano Megumi, Yahagi Moeka, Otake Hitomi, Saito Haruna, Ishiwata Sena, Kuramoto Miyuu, Tada Kyoka, Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Team 8:
    Mitomo Mashiro, Ito Kirara, Noda Hirano, Hashimoto Haruna, Takahashi Sayaka, Okuhara Hinako, Okumoto Hinano, Rissen Airi, Yamada Kyoka, Fujizono Rei

M03 - 06:
    same members
    (Asai Nanami, Inagaki Kaori, Omori Maho, Kurosu Haruka, Sato Minami, Suzuki Kurumi, Taguchi Manaka, Tatsuya Makiho, Taya Misaki, Chiba Erii, Nagatomo Ayami, Nishikawa Rei, Maeda Ayaka, Muto Orin, Yamane Suzuha, Yamabe Ayu)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Anyone have a .gif or can point me to one of Mako and Nana's synchronized pose when...was it Green Flash? was mentioned during of the MCs? I thought that was adorable.

11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Not Green Flash:
    M40: Green Flash (Minegishi Minami (c), Kashiwagi Yuki (c), Iwatate Saho, Ota Nao, Omori Miyu (R), Oguri Yui, Kawamoto Saya, Kubo Satone, Goto Moe, Komiyama Haruka, Sakaguchi Nagisa, Shitao Miu, Taniguchi Megu, Miyazaki Miho, Murayama Yuiri (R), Yokoyama Yui (A))

Right after that was MC8 (Sakaguchi Nagisa, Goto Moe, Iwatate Saho, Kawamoto Saya, Ota Nao), so if mentioned then it would have been one of these where Mako and Naachan were together.
    M36: Mae Shika Mukanee (Muto Tomu (c), Onishi Momoka, Oya Shizuka, Okabe Rin, Okada Nana, Oda Erina, Kato Rena, Kuranoo Narumi, Kojima Mako, Sasaki Yukari, Takahashi Juri, Takeuchi Miyu, Fukuoka Seina, Ma Chia-ling, Mukaichi Mion, Yamauchi Mizuki)
    M38: Kokoro no Placard (Kashiwagi Yuki (c), Okada Nana, Okabe Rin, Oguri Yui, Kuranoo Narumi, Kojima Mako, Shitao Miu, Takahashi Juri, Takeuchi Miyu, Minegishi Minami, Miyazaki Miho, Mukaichi Mion, Muto Tomu, Murayama Yuiri, Yamauchi Mizuki, Yokoyama Yui (A))
    M39: Kibouteki Refrain (Mukaichi Mion (c), Kuranoo Narumi (c), Onishi Momoka, Oya Shizuka, Okabe Rin, Okada Nana, Oda Erina, Kato Rena, Kojima Mako, Sasaki Yukari, Takahashi Juri, Takeuchi Miyu, Fukuoka Seina, Ma Chia-ling, Muto Tomu, Yamauchi Mizuki)

Give me a hint and I can give you a still.

12. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

This is god. Do you guys know where can I see it?
    Please please

13. JoltFiend

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    It wasn't during a song, it was during an MC. It was either MC8, MC9, MC10. They were talking about different songs, and InsertSongHere was mentioned and Mako and Nana at the same time raise their right arms up then got all happy and hugged at that unplanned sync moment.

14. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    We know it wasn't MC8, so either MC9 or MC10. Let me check. I have been watching today.

Update: MC9 was very short, with Shiichan and Miion talking to Macharin about her Nihongo. However, right in the middle Juri and Mako started hip bumping.

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 5.02.43 PM.png

MC10 (after TwI). Mako calls out Naachan from the far end. Naachan answers, and everyone starts laughing. I don't understand Japanese, but this might be what you were thinking of, but there was no hug.

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 5.12.27 PM.png

2nd update: Final MC when the promotions were announced (an MC when they were standing together, first beside and slightly behind Miion and then to her side). They raised their arms while the members promoted to teams were bowing.

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 5.32.52 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 5.33.18 PM.png

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  15. JoltFiend

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I can't even remember now if it was the first or second show. I watched both back to back so it's a bit of a blur. It might have been MC3, I vaguely remember there not being a lot of members on the stage at the time. That's the only other MC that I see that has the two on stage together.

16. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I just finished the evening show and noticed a nice touch during the finale, Sakura no Hanabiratachi. They put all the "old ladies" from generations 1 through 10 in the center of the front row.

Miyumiyu, Shiichan, Miichan, Yuihan, Yukirin, Myao, Renacchi, and Naana.

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 7.04.19 PM.png

And I found the part that @JoltFiend was looking for. Yes, MC3 in the afternoon. Juri asks or says something about Green Flash, and the two Musketeers who are left jumped into action.

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 7.43.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 7.44.27 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 7.44.52 PM.png

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  17. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    I'm game. Ever since SSK (shot per kuyashi), been looking for a good opportunity..:awesome:

18. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

I just checked this and she has never been on this stage? Which show are you talking about? I love Satomina so I would really like to watch it please.

19. welp

welp Next Girls

If the priority is members' satisfaction, the agency better make members produce their own setlists. Each year, each team must produce its own new setlist with least restriction possible. Team 1 may be lazy ass and just patch up old songs into new setlist. Team 2 may be Ariana's trash and perform "God Is a Woman". Team 3 may have some musically talented and creative members thus in its setlist are new remixed of existing songs + few newly produced songs. Blah blah blah. The agency may reward the team of best setlist with a small gift such as, gift vouchers, for some competitiveness. Under this model,
    Members are happy. They have big control over their jobs and can do what they want to do. They can also grow as "artists" through AKB's system.
    Fans are happy. To they, to see the creation of members is much more meaningful.
    Agency doesn't lose much. It needs not to hire professional producer. It may provide each team simply half of the budget of what a professionally produced new setlist may cost.

Since you are at it. Did you watch Produce48? Did you not see girls desperate to be "skilled performers" that they underwent a hellish training in a foreign country? If the girls' satisfaction is the priority, the agency needs a training system, voluntarily one, better be 2 different programs, a regular program and a tough one.

The tough training program, best students of which will be rewarded yearly with a single showcasing their skills and a concert tour, starting with small one of 3-4 stops in smaller halls and later upscaled if successful. It can also adopt K-pop's "monthly evaluation" system which can go so well with AKB's "Watch the idol grows" concept. Similar to Produce show, each month, students are grouped into teams of 5-6 members each to perform mission songs in the theater before fans and judges.

Under this training system, AKB can manufacture a new product line for a new target group while still catering old product to existing market. Members' skilled performer thirst is compromised and no popular member will say she wants to debut in Korea because Korean idol style is superb anymore.

AKB surely perform often but mostly in fan focused setting, Request Hour, theater, AKB own kouhaku, handshake event etc. (I don't think brief handshake performance can be counted as "concert".) To hold concert tour sold to the public is symbolic that AKB too is "performer" just like those groups doing so. It's an image making ploy (which can turn into lucrative income source itself if successful).
    Regarding handshake, your comment is:rofl:. K-pop fansign is a small event attended by 100 fans at once. So, within 1.5 hour, a fans can have good 15-20 seconds with each members. It's surely easier for the girl to remember 1 out of 100 persons she spends 20 chill seconds with in that day as oppose to handshake. (Due to its massive number of members, AKB needs a new system to make fansign a small event, dividing members into a small group per each fansign.) Also, to some members, fansign may be beneficial. Some girls are just socially awkward, simply uncomfortable to shake hands with countless men or, outright have handshake phobia (Iriyama). A small much less packed event in which physical contact is not required may be bearable/more pleasing for them.

I don't understand why AKB has to abolish its working marketing scheme to do a new one (and it's an idiotic move to do so). Like I've commented, it can do both by trimming the handshake time. Anyway, fansign is a trivial concern compared to above topics (and I initially mentioned it as half-joke).

• Old x 7
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  20. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    whoo, another essay! we can make an academic journal out of this!