1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio AKBINGO! (2008/10/01 - 2019/09/24)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    The only show NGT48 currently has is very unscripted and the girls just wing it most of the time. The show sort of encourages the girls to be themselves in front of the camera. NGT48 is one group of girls, character wise, I found to be quite consistent, from the TV and stage to their SNS.

That being said, how the NGT48 girls performed on AKB48G Bingo, are true to their characters. Okappa is just as tongue tied on stage during the introduction MC segment. She has gotten better. Noe and Rika are just being themselves.

2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    U w0t m8

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Though in the case of Gatanee, the major "enablers" are probably her mother ("Mayumi") for egging her into doing silly sideshows on Showroom, and her brother for buying this plethora of novelty headgears.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ShaiHH

ShaiHH Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    That's great, we're getting close to closing all gaps then. :)

4. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    lol Rikahime is among the top 5 weirdos on NGT. Even other AKB members commented on her (at 52m32s):

Oh..uh that leaves Kitarie as only normal member in the group. I wonder what will happen to this group when she graduates, maybe some anarchy? :banana:

(Although that is still relatively normal by NGT standards)

For the sake of the group I hope Noe and Okkapa try harder next time when they get the chance. Can't fail as hard as them that many times before the average NGT-uninterested audience gets bored of it.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  5. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Have you ever seen Gatanee’s Insta stories? lol

The most normal girl in NGT may be Kado Yuria. Then Rie, Ayutarou, Homma, Maumau, Ainya, and Renappon imho.

Top nut girls from NGT are Rika, Noe, Moeka, Ayakani, Ogiyuka, Reinya. The other girls are sometimes weird (Maho, Rittan, Nanako, Gatanee, Tsugumin, Miharu, Ayanyan, Katomina) or humorous (Anju, Mofu).

6. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Admittedly no, my gut feeling was telling me that she surely is normal. Apparently this is untrue lol

Btw we are kinda turning this thread into a NGT discussion here :fear:

Anyways I hope we get more TV episodes where they gather the sister groups. I really like these episodes.

7. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    AKB48 Bingo is not the type of show that a community based group like NGT48 is going to shine in with the current hive mindset.

8. budhi.waspodho

budhi.waspodho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    From the latest 2 eps I notice that Noeppi looks alike with Tomonaga Mio and Bibian looks alike with Suneo from Doraemon.
    I don't recognize NMB members alot but NMB has a remarkable beauties. My list are (from the most beautiful) Ota, idk the name but she is next to Nagisa, Sayanee, Shiroma, Jo, and Nagisa.

9. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    That would be Yoshida Akari

10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Lmao I know I keep bringing up SasshiKita Gassen now, but they made the same comparison on the show too and Mio absolutely hated it [hehe] I don't remember the game anymore, but they made a deal if Noepii wins, Mio has to admit Noepii looks like her and if Mio wins, Noepii will never say they look alike again (Noepii won).

• Like Like x 1
  11. budhi.waspodho

budhi.waspodho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    Oh thank's, I get confused with another Akari. My bad:^^;:.

Waa, it will be legit to watch, please give me the link wit English subbed:cute:.

12. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Hi,

new fan here, although I am not sure if I am actually an AKB fan when I don't care for them singing and dancing and only like the variety shows.
    In the last three months I binge watched 10 years worth of AKBingo episodes (including 1/0ji 59fun) and just felt the need to talk about it (please forgive my English, I am not a native speaker).
    It's definitely more fun to watch game shows where the members slowly grow to you compared to regular variety shows with constantly changing participants.
    And among the AKB (including sister groups) members there are quite some variety queens, my favorite ones being Nishino Miki, Takahashi Minami, Shimada Haruka and Murashige Anna. I was quite shocked to see Miki wasn't that well liked, but I guess her overacting is not to everyone's taste. I really liked her and AKBingo became so much worse for me when she disappeared from on episode to the next. ;(

Anyways, as of now there are ten years worth of episodes, so I would like to give my impressions on each year starting with 2008.

It was quite funny to watch the first episodes when so many members which I already knew from highlight videos on YT were super young and had undyed hair.
    In the beginning they did a lot of games that later never saw play again and also started a big competition to see which member would get ten thumb ups first.
    After Junji Takada left the show for whatever reasons they still kept the pins, but a couple of episodes later they just forgot the whole thing.
    The games were all really funny, highlights being the quiz game while the girls tried to not slide down the ramp and missing48. The parts with Okada were a little bit weird, but strangely funny at the same time. I really appreciated how he toned down his character with the younger members.
    They also introduced the predecessor of the famous Battle Burger Shop, namely Fast Word Battle, which wasn't as interesting for non Japanese speakers but still a lot of fun.
    One other segment I remember was the game where they had to act as if they were in pain, but only one of them actually received a painful treatment. That was really fun to guess and some girs really did a good job in acting and deceiving.
    Cool year overall with a lot of experimental stuff.

This year had a strong start with the great new year dokkiri which sadly they couldn't repeat too often as it got harder and harder to fool the members.
    It also saw the introduction of tons of great segments like Cooking Stadium, AKvegas, The AKBest10, AKB Profiling and of course Shoujiki Shougi.
    The three episodes where they learned French were also a highlight. Personally I wished they would go back to the AKVegas style of episodes where you had the exact right combination of funny games and comedy talk.
    During Summer they showed for teh first time the Lucky Girl and Fashion Show segments. In the beginning Lucky Girl was quite entertaining when it was only about ~20 girls, later when they ranked hundreds of girls from all sister groups and needed three episodes to finish it became really boring. Sadly this is the only segment from the older days they're still using.
    The fashion show was surprisingly entertaining, although I guess fans don't like it as the later ones are always missing the translations. The judge (forgot his name) was really good, even though his taste is completely different compared to mine (e.g. I liked Sae's clothes (ultra ugly) way better than Mariko's (ultra hot)). But his reasoning was solid and it was always funny to see the same members getting the ultra ugly rating.
    Also starting in this year were the small extra segments at the end of the show like Phrase Museum and the 48 seconds Rangers. Phrase Museum was really good, although I had the feeling they heavily favored Atsuko. The Rangers were five girls, but honestly I only remember Mayu, Erena and Miho. I am not sure the other two rangers were even played by the same girls every time. The game they had to play wasn't super thrilling but just seeing the senior member getting a flour shower was good enough.
    All in all 2009 was an extremely entertaining year for AKBingo with basically no boring episodes and even better than their first year.

2010 has to be my favorite year of the show. Not only did they introduce the best regular games with Muchaburo Dodgeball and Battle Burger Shop, but they also had a lot of great "one-off" segments.
    Matsui Jurina vs 10 Assassins was great, even though they chose the most incompetent opponent all the time for her. :D Episode 84 (Kashiwagi&Takahashi prank) is among my all time favorites. I don't care if the reactions are fake or not, Takashi was just awesome. The hint of disgust in her face when Yuko betrayed her (not sure you can even fake this), but still taking the blame in the end was really cool. And it all ended on a high note when she ranted against the "bastard traitor" Yuko and the horrible acting of the director.
    I also liked the Yankee race game, which was techincally not a one-off game, but still heavily underused with them only playing it two times. They also started the small end of episode segment of Double Peronality Idol with Takajo Aki, but sadly only did one other part with her. In general I think Aki was really underused in AKBingo. She appeared in quite a lot of episodes but never got any real screentime.
    Speaking of underusing, based on the FANSID Masterlist a lot of popular members like Sashihara, Kitahara or Kuramochi already appeared in the super early 2008 episodes, but I didn't even realized they were there, because they either never had a chance to show themselves or just lacked the "variety skills" back then.
    Also sad was that from one episode to the next Erena just left and wasn't mentioned ever again. :( She was definitely one of the funniest members.
    All in all 2010 was a stellar year for the show, maybe the best one. Imho it's between 2009 and 2010.

2011 also saw a lot of changes. Slowly the regular "kami 7" members appeared less and less frequently and more and more new members took the stage. Imho they did a good job in introducing the new members with the AKBeginners special and it was definitely nice of the staff to actively promote them.
    In the first half of the year one segment I remember clearly was the Photo Card Battle. I personally really liked that game and wish they had produced more than just three episodes. It's a great combination of fun game, comedy and personal information on the members.
    Another highlight was of course the Fat Suit competition, which I already knew from YT highlights before I even learned that AKBingo is a thing. It's too bad they don't do this kind of stuff anymore.
    The second half of the year had some weaker episodes and I ended up skipping all the Ikemen High School and Aitakatta - Alter ego that I don't know! episodes.
    Overall this was still a good year with some fresh faces but not as many awesome scenes as the previous years and some boring episodes (at least for me).

That's were I think the downfall began, but let's start with the good stuff.
    During Summer they introduced two new segments I really enjoyed. One was of course "Of Course is the Answer - Tozen" and Popularity High & Low.
    Tozen is just great because of the simple "shoot cream in their faces", but also interesting because you learn something about their relationships. Usually in the same funny way you did during Shoujiki Shougi.
    Popularity High & Low was only shown four times which is a crime, as I really like the games where you can guess for yourself. Also this game will always be entertaining as long as you use new members. Imho this would easily fit into the new concept of the show.
    Apart from these segments it wasn't too hot.
    Through a letter was a sad tearjerker segment which I don't really like, the DIVA championship was just boring as I don't care for them singing and the Psychic Dokkiri was below average for a Dokkiri.
    The AKB Quiz was boring for me as I don't know anything about their songs and I didn't like the focus on some random guys in the studio.
    Calligraphy was rather boring and it was a shame that these were Atsuko's last episodes. While Atsuko was more the cute and beautiful center girl, she imho had a very solid talent for variety.
    I also skipped these weird specials with the Band championship and the Wiz auditions as well as the Oshi songs, although the Horse Racing was cool.
    But let's end on a high note with the AKB vs HKT battle for the next Variety Queen, which was a great way to end the year, especially as it introduced Anna Murashige to the show.

The first half of the year was pretty normal, but starting with episode 242 is what I call "The second phase of greatness". I already knew Nishino Miki from some YT compilation videos, so I checked when she would appear on AKBingo beforehand. I was looking forward to this moment, but never did I expect them to show so much quality entertainment without break.
    Starting from episode 242 until episode 269 there were 27 consecutive episodes full of fun an laughter (not counting the Mariko graduation SP).
    It wasn't just Nishino, but nearly all of Gen 12-14 plus great games and interesting segments. I especially liked the three musketeers with Okada Nana, Kojima Mako and Nishino, plus Takahashi Juri, Tano Yuuka, Iwata Karen and Shinozaki Ayana (oh boy is she underused).
    Even the three episodes that just checked Okada's seriousness were super fun and in general I felt like I was back in the 2009-2010 time. The Super Idiot Quiz was also great, too sad they only had it once!
    The absolute highlight has to be the What's in the Box segment, especially Nishino and the robot dog. I don't care how much she overacts, that was just hilarious. Ayana was great, too, but she got overshadowed and wasn't really invited all that often anymore.

This year sadly the quality goes down again a little, but it's still far from the 2012 level. I am not a big fan of the newer Moe Battles and liked the older one better, when they had a clear success criteria and got a small punishment when failing. The new ones with some random guys hitting the buttons is rather meh.
    I have mixed feelings on the Nishino in Yomiuri Land special. The first episode was funny, but the second one was too much. Either she overacted too much even for my taste, or this whole section was just needlessly cruel to her. I admit it's hard to say when this stuff is fun and when it's too much. E.g. Yuko crying when she had to shoot herself with the baloon gun was fun, or Miki in the house with the vampires was great. But here I felt uncomfortable watching her sobbing uncontrollably.
    Otherwise they had some cool new games like the Punishment Buzzer Quiz, Looking for Narrator Iwami's new Oshimen!, Let's Roast the Bad Seniors (the girl who acted as the new member was really cute in a dorky way) and surprisingly A Normal Center Is No Good.
    They also brought back AKVegas for two episodes. :) At the end of the year they introduce Team 8 in two rather boring episodes, but at east I learned of some places I can visit when I am in Tokyo the next time.
    Overall a good year.

Now it goes downhill pretty fast, starting with this year I ended up skipping quite a lot of episodes, e.g. Group dating with Boys, Essay Cafeteria, Delusion Drama Festival, Idol Life Survey, DIVA, many parts of Delusion Kitchen.
    They mostly have the same problems that this is mostly about cute stuff, but no comedy, no game, and no punishments.
    The only interesting new segment was Meet Up With AKB, otherwise I mostly skipped from Shougi to Burger to Dodgeball. Sadly this was the last year we saw Dodgeball and Battle Burger Shop. They really should have done these game even with the new MCs.
    Overall not much to say about this year.

It's a sad year as the Badboys graduate from the show, but imho the first half with them is worse than the second half with Woman RushHour. I skipped most episodes in the first half and only briefly checked the Graduation SP as I don't want to see sad stuff.
    Starting with the new MCs wasn't too bad. I really like Muramoto as a host as he is funny and has a great chemistry with the girls. They introduced a lot of new segments (mostly one-offs) which mostly focus on comedy, but also have some games. Nishino really enhanced most episodes and once she leaves after the Halloween Sports Fest there is a serious drop in entertainment for me.
    Although even without her episodes 415-418 were really good. Highlight of the year for me was Mayuyu vs Yukirin Strongest Idol Battle, and not just because Mayu and Yuki were back. Good combination of comedy and games.
    Overall 2016 is the saddest year for me, because Badboys graduated and Nishino Miki left the show and was only ever mentioned briefly in the Variety Members Audition episodes.

Ouch. I barely watched any episodes, only remember the variety auditons and the vs. episodes. Even the Halloween Special wasn't as good as in 2016.
    Worst part was the Fake Celebrities Dokkiri. The later two fakers were to easy to see through and the first one was just cruel. I am not a fan when they have these ultra young member in the show (unless it's Jurina who at 11 years of age seemed to be more mature than 70% of the 15-16 year olds) and all that happened here was that they felt horrible and started crying. That wasn't fun and I felt really bad for them.
    Right now I am mostly done with the show but will check the new episodes if there is something cool. I hope they bring back games (new or old, whatever) and some punishments, but I guess it won't happen.

Yeah, so that's it from my side about AKBingo. Overall it's a great show and was very entertaining to watch, but sadly the greatness of the early episodes is long gone and the resurgence in 2013 didn't last long. If I had to rank the years it would look like this:

1. 2010
    2. 2009
    3. 2013
    4. 2008
    5. 2011
    6. 2014
    7. 2012
    8. 2016
    9. 2015
    10. 2017

Currently I try to find other variety shows. I watched Sashi vs Kitahara, which was really good. Even though it was only 12 episodes some members I didn't know before left a lasting impression. Also Oota Aika was back!
    Although NGT has some weird members. Ogino Yuka looks like some psycho mass murderer (I mean this in a positive way, no dissing) and seems to be really popular with the crowd as her rise from #95 to #5 shows. What?
    Takakura Moeka always behaved really silly during the acting parts, like she definitely wanted to play the part of the clown. Yet later she cries bitterly when she gets a score of -10000? What's wrong with her?
    Then there is Yamada Noe... What's with her voice? What's up with her in general?? O_O

I also checked the Shukan episodes, but only some are translated. There was also the sports festival on Mecha Ike which was nice, although I was shocked how ridiculously bad Matsui Rena is when it comes to moving her body. How can she even dance?
    Anyways are there any other sports festivals with only a few members (not e.g. the huge one with all AKB48 groups)?

Right now I watch Keya and Nogibingo. Keyabingo started strong but now they are also doing a lot of the cute stuff and not much games and comedy, although only two member left an impression on me.
    Nogibingo seems to be a carbon copy of AKBingo from the earlier days, but I only watched very few episodes. Could be fun, but is not as easy to find.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  13. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Where are you watching it? It's pretty easy to find IMO, all episodes are translated.

14. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Wow, first of all thanks for typing that long about your impression of 10 years of Akbingo :worthy: *give him thumb up guys, I don't use Tapatalk.*

Regarding the quoted part, many people here have the initial same story. Just wait until you root with an active member. I understand why you choose Miki, and rightfully so. But when you already watch most of the old shows and updated with the new ones, you either stop following them and find other group/shows or...you have one/some oshimen that you can't wait to see on screen each week. [hehe]

15. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    The first half of Shukan is gold, watch whatever you can find translated. Eventually they stop using the original studio completely and that's the sign to drop the show unless you're a completist… but that's also more or less when the subs stop being available, so should be easy.
    My other favorite is Nemousu, again only the first half is consistently good though, at about the same time as Bingo (2014ish) it goes downhill into lazy cheap stuff filmed at handshake events. Again, whatever you can find subs for, douzo.
    Then I'd go to Nogizaka tte, Doko. While it's more talk and one could argue it's similar to present-time Bingo, the quality is completely not comparable, it's really, really funny (although you can safely skip the first 10 or so when they're still finding their feet).
    Next would probably be HKT… Hakatta Hyakaten and then Odekake. Don't waste your time with Variety48 even if you can find subs.

edit: your opinion may vary of course ;) but I feel comfortable giving you advice because your ranking of AKBINGO years and segments is pretty similar to my own taste. One of the few things I'd change is that I found the “dating with boys” thing really funny, Karen of course kills it (or is it Ren?) and Komi is Komi and Tano is pretty cool too.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  16. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    I think by now I have all the up to date google docs (Thanks to Lalo Martin, for sending me one), however sometimes the links are dead and especially on Google Drive many videos are removed. But now I should be able to find them all, found even the first season which is somehow missing from the google docs.

The typing was actually a pleasure as I really wanted to write down my thoughts on this show. I still like some of the current members, but there is none who can carry the show alone. I still try to be up to date with the episodes, but currently I am mostly watching the competition (Keyakizaka kakenai? and Keyabingo). Keyavids has all episodes and I am currently warming up to their members. Ozeki style!

Thanks, I will definitely try these shows. I should also retry the dating with boys episodes. I remember not really giving it a chance and Karen is always great.

17. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi

18. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Poor Mio :rofl:That's not how to win against Dhalsim. Somehow I didn't watch SasshiKita gassen until that episode.

Back to Akbingo then.

19. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    You missed the gold. SashiKita is the best 48 show in recent years. Particularly episode 11 is must-watch.

20. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Agreed, it's one of my favourite shows. It's a shame there's no more episodes :( I hope they revive it at some point

• Like Like x 1