1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Alice Project

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Sadia23, Apr 3, 2014.

1. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Must say: i will do same...

Although... Anna :( why you?
    Someones starts at 25 at her idol road at 46/48...
    Anyway : thanks!

2. Meipon

Meipon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Memi_0107_
    As they use the Japanese way on their site and on other wikis I chose to use that, but my plan is to redirect the western way to the page, so if anyone writes the name in that way the page will still appear. Also thank you so much for adding to the page!! Just got Armor Girls done

3. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

Mask Pride 2!!

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  4. Galaxea

Galaxea Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Momose Hitomi
    Twitter:
    ElpisGalaxy
    That was a fun livestream to watch last night.

5. FruitPunchSamurai

FruitPunchSamurai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shihori Yukino
    I loved all of it and was concerned about it being streamed so close to when they did it but I'm glad they showed it so many people could see. By far the biggest highlight has to be Amatsuchi. Every member there did amazing, but Harumi and Mitsuki did especially well. I take back any negative things I ever said about their performance.

• Like Like x 2
  6. FruitPunchSamurai

Oshimen:
    Shihori Yukino
    I absolutely forgot to mention it, but KJ will have their first album drop in March (or was it April?), as announced at Zepp Haneda. Fanfare is going to be the headlining track, I think, and since Tomoka wrote the lyrics, she postponed her graduation yet again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
  8. FruitPunchSamurai

Oshimen:
    Shihori Yukino
    I'm fairly sure it was Pasela's decision to do so, since Alice Project will continue to do events as normal, such as photoshoots. However, it seems Mayu's solo photoshoot was postponed for February (originally the 9th), so the upcoming Armor Girls photoshoot on the 11th, and Steam Girls' on the 15th may be in question. Shihori said that she will also postpone her graduation, as she feels that she does not want to say goodbye without properly thanking her fans.

I just talked to Mia on live one for a bit about 2 hours before she released her blog post, and she was perfectly healthy and energetic, but I still can't help but feel worried.

Most other members have released their test results and have come out negative.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    This is the whole problem with this damn virus, who knows how many people are walking around while being infected but having no symptoms at all and feel perfectly fine but meanwhile they are spreading the infection around?
    If everyone actually got sick of this virus then this whole situation would have been solved months ago.

I can't really blame alice project for still trying to push through with the photoshoots (aren´t these outside by the way?). If the measures put up by the government allows it. They are a company that tries to survive this pandemic. I have already read that quite a few popular spots had to close down (godzilla hotel, robot restaur.ant and last week the kawaii monster cafe to) so that makes me think there isn´t really any government support which they could use to atleast cover some of the costs.

I also understand and totally respect Shihori her decision to delay her graduation. That event shouldn´t be clouded by this epidemic. Reading this also made me realize that actually Momomin her 2020 birthday event was the last normal event held in parms and we are getting close to the anniversary of that moment.
    I can only give my respect for management that they managed to make it work and continue all this time and even make/release new songs and videos. Those aren´t cheap.

10. FruitPunchSamurai

Oshimen:
    Shihori Yukino
    Kaede had minimal symptoms too, but members haven't interacted with each other since the 29th (Kaede herself was absent for a while before), so it's not likely Mia got it from Kaede. Reading Mia's blog I can see she's trying her best too since she lives with her mom, but they have to talk to each other via phone, and Mia constantly is disinfecting the spaces she uses. I remember Shihori herself was using a mask in her house since her parents are elderly until her test came back negative.

Due to poor reception of the outside photoshoots (too cold, easily cancelled if the weather gets bad, gets dark early), I think they've moved back into indoor. This was also a problem since at last month's indoor photoshoot at the last minute management released a statement saying that all talents will wear a mask during the photoshoot (thus making them kind of pointless) which caused so many people to cancel, and then they turned back and said that wearing a mask will be "optional based on the talent's decision", which makes me think that management doesn't want to take responsibility if something happens.

Even though many people have been complaining about staff (some newbies have been rude), almost all the good staff from last year have quit. I've noticed about 4 or 5 veteran staff still around, but the rest is mostly newcomers, and some newcomers still quit easily. A lot of staff get called in on their day off even if the schedule was decided from a long time ago causing many to just quit outright.

Something positive I guess, Harumi said she's doing a "thank you fest' to everyone who joined her live one at 21:00-23:00 today and would do an illustration upon request to everyone that joined (she did something like this last year, where if you stayed for 30 minutes she'd draw you a twitter icon or profile header, but this time was just any amount of time), so I joined for a bit. I told her that I wanted to get a cheki with her before the year ended but then PARMS closed, so I couldn't, and she was really happy. I requested Shihori in the blue dress at Haneda. Harumi is quite skilled in drawing and working with her hands; she's the one that made each Steam Girls' member's hair accessory for the Maihama camouflage outfit, so I'm looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    I believe Moa-san is also doing a special on her LiveOne where she draws a twitter icon for everyone who stays an hour or more (If the translation of her tweet is correct)
    She did it today and will also do it tomorrow from 2100 till 2400 jst (although knowing Moa this might get extended).
    I hope I can get home quick enough tomorrow. I guess it will depend on what time my work has scheduled my corona test (have to take one almost every week)

Sad to hear about the complaints about the outdoor shoots. Most of the time I find the pictures taken outside have far better atmosphere then those taken inside a studio.

12. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

WOW! Thanks everyone for some very informative posts! Crazy times. Was interesting to hear about the staff ...is Matsuki "Genki Genki" guy still there? I think I only saw him on site back in 2016 and none of the following years visits (but he still showed up in Daily Alice/Films etc.)

But the most interesting thing to hear is the release of a FULL KJ ALBUM. I am hoping this is either a retail or at the very least a Live.One store release.
    I am hoping some of the classics are included & have been rerecorded with the current lineup (Dai boken, Zenkai Hero etc.) as we never get any of the updated studio versions.

Also so cool to hear about Harumi's art talent, being an artist myself, it makes me like her even more!<3

Cadets opening segment!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. FruitPunchSamurai

Oshimen:
    Shihori Yukino
    I too wonder if the album would be released retail. From the way they introduced it, it seems like they're going to record it without the graduating members (maybe that will change based on lives being pushed back). You can be fairly sure that Riot Daisy, Popping Summer, Fanfare, and possibly Lock-Up will be on there since they're the newest songs, and represent Kamen Joshi Chapter 2 really well. I suspect each unit will have a song on there too, but I think the only one that I can say for certain would be on there is Juban's Super Straight.

I might as well introduce some veteran staff members here since they're fairly popular among otaku and you end up interacting with them a lot, especially since I decided to help out with some Shihori graduation stuff (we can only help as part of the fanclub, though). You might know who I'm talking about, since I'm sure they've been there since I first came in 2017.
    • Matsuki-san: Yes, the genki-genki guy is still here, although I don't see him as much since he's probably being put to work on the cerisier front. He was the one who built a ramp so Tomoka could reach the stage without being lifted. He's a pretty nice guy, and I was told if you give him your fan letters, he'll get them addressed to the talent reliably. The only thing is that sometimes he runs cheki time really haphazardly, if he's in charge. I remember when Shihori was posing for chekis at October's photoshoot she leaned forward and he said jokingly "Now's your chance, you can take photos of Yukino Shihori's butt!".
    • Kuroda-san: He's the taller young guy with black-rimmed glassses and usually wears a hat. He tends to run the cheki time mic too. Well known amongst some otaku since he tends to know what's going on in terms of schedule and stuff. I always thought he seemed kind of cold, but I think he's the one who works the most since he had to pick up the slack of all staff that quit.
    • Fujima-san: One of the last remaining female staff, she's a little shorter and young, and sometimes wears glasses. She runs the cheki time mic too. During special events like Christmas and Halloween, she'd sometimes dress up as well, like with Reika, and you could get a cheki with her. Very popular amongst otaku. I was also told she gives fan letters to talents reliably too. As an aside, staff usually ask who's autograph you want for group chekis, but when I took a Steam Girls cheki at Mishima last August, she didn't ask me and said "Yurie sign right? Okay." and then I had to stop and correct her, and the other otaku around had a chuckle. Apparently she also had a stage debut 4 years ago: https://twitter.com/tospowebstaff/status/814857223545319425
    • There's also the young, friendly-looking guy with medium-long hair who usually is at the entrance or running cheki time, I don't know his name though.

I jokingly said that I'd join staff once Shihori quit as a part-time job, but apparently if you were ever once a fan at all, then you can't work as staff.

Indoor photoshoots have been cancelled for this month. I honestly doubted they would go on as planned from the start but they got my hopes up anyway. They really missed the best times to do an outdoor photoshoot during June-September since it's not as cold at night, and the day time lasts longer.

• Like Like x 1
  14. FruitPunchSamurai

Oshimen:
    Shihori Yukino
    On the WEST side of things, Easter Girls' center Nonoa has also been confirmed positive, along with a Slime Girls WEST member.
    https://twitter.com/nonoa_aoi45/status/1347873102982627328

She's doing fine as her fever has subsided, and only her throat feels kind of bad. Hope they get better soon. I always looked forward to Nonoa's "Nonoa Picture Diary" that she draws everyday.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    I hope that Nonoa will get well again soon. If the translation of the West tweet was correct then they are still waiting for some more test results from other members/staff.

On a positive note:
    Today the KJ youtube channel uploaded a subtitled "Fanfare" video!

I have no idea who at the office came up with the idea to do this in the middle of a covid epidemic with all borders closed, but if I combine this with the recent increase in Facebook activity from some members I get the feeling that there is someone that wants to make KJ more attractive to foreigners. (As in my opinion they should have done a long time ago, they aren't in the Lonely Planet Japan book for nothing)

Also the members were posting on twitter something for the Music Station program, if you have the time then please leave a message for "Fanfare" (no registration required)
    https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/music/sec/bosyu/201127_spotlight/

• Like Like x 1
  16. Meipon

Meipon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Memi_0107_
    I'm really glad they are giving us subs, and are looking so forward to the album!

On another note I've created an alice project discord if any wanna chat more there, https://discord.gg/bCyAdXCvTN

17. FruitPunchSamurai

Oshimen:
    Shihori Yukino
    As someone who translates for a living, it could have a better translation, but it honestly conveys pretty well the feelings that Tomoka had when she wrote the lyrics after her accident.

Around the time when I first heard of KJ (late 2016), I looked them up and noticed they had Junketsu in English, so I watched them for a bit. I forgot about it, and then a year later I saw them appear in a program I was watching so I looked them up again and it seems like they tried to appeal to foreigners in 2016 or so, and gave up, since Junketsu hadn't updated since then. Kamen Joshi was popular enough that they did a Thailand overseas live in 2018, but I guess outside of surrounding Asian areas, in the greater scope of the world, they're still kind of hidden. I feel like they just didn't have the time/effort back then to promote overseas, but since everyone is stuck at home anyways, I guess they just took the chance since there's nothing better to do, and it won't hurt.

Just like when Genkidane dropped and hit Oricon #1, I think we're due for a turning point for KJ. Mayu said at her graduation that once the popular members in 2018 left, she got really sad as Kamen Joshi slowly dropped in popularity, and was uncertain whether she could shoulder the responsibility of leader. But after Tomoka's accident, Kamen Joshi quickly became known among many people in Japan, and especially since Tomoka's been getting ready for paralympics promotion events. It kind of makes me feel bad that Kamen Joshi became more popular because of her accident rather than their talents as artists, but it's more likely because she kept going through with being an idol despite the accident. Now more than ever do I feel like with these members they could have another big break, especially with Nanaka leaving, we truly have Kamen Joshi Chapter 2. I may be biased, but the current lineup of members are so deeply connected with another that it feels like they help one another to shine rather than everyone shines individually.

A little bit of trivia about the MV:
    • Shooting took place over 2 days, and apparently the night segments were freezing (Shihori got a fever once it was over, and had to miss the photoshoot the next day).
    • During night filming, Shihori looked up at the stars and was like "Wow, people fly drones this late at night." and everyone immediately corrected her that it was a star and not a drone :lol: Very cute, haha.
    • The outfit is not warm at all since at last month's outdoor photoshoot, Yurie wore it and complained it was too cold, Mitsuki wore it for half the session and switched back because it was too cold, and when Harumi wore it she immediately sprinted for sunlight after leaving the warm break area.
    • I feel like when they listed the names at the end they did something really genius which I forgot about, which was that they listed it in Western order, but made the last name (what Japanese people use most often) in capitals, which is one way of solving that name confusion problem.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    https://www.facebook.com/kamenjoshi/

Looks like Moa-san got the password of the English Kamen Joshi facebook page. Today she has put in a lot of work in writing/posting the profiles of the Tokyo members.

• Like Like x 1
  19. blurryeyes

blurryeyes Kenkyuusei

It would be interesting if Kamen Joshi put more effort in promotion worldwide/to the west again. Despite their previous best efforts & some encouraging changes mentioned by FruitPunch, I think they will still run into the same obstacles that have somewhat prevented them being on a bigger scope with Western idol fans/J-Music fans that they have had in the past. Being a fan of them for many years and being a very active fan in the western idol fandom for underground idols, I always see the same opposition to them being placed.

I'll just say what comes up again & again (in no particular order) when I try to get more western idol fans/j-rock fans on board with Kamen Joshi:)

1. For the kind of music they play (mostly Idol metal/hard rock) they would need a permanent backing band to support for any overseas activities too be more accepted (like Babymetal has done.)
    2. Too many members for most fans to accept within this fanbase, making it difficult for people to be invested. Also the revolving door of the cast (graduations etc.)
    3. The mask gimmick, fans don't like it or don't get it - want to see the girl's faces all the time.
    4. The girl's don't sing live (mostly), when most viewers figure this out, it's a deal breaker, even though a backing track is more widely accepted in the East.

I think the best 1st step for Kamen Joshi (at least in the USA) would be to be able to book a convention, with an A-Team of girls (8-10), and develop a circuit of performing regularly at conventions for a few years to develop a steadfast fan base that could help them get better exposure with an international fan club & convention companies helping to promote them here. Just my 25 cents worth. ;-)

20. FruitPunchSamurai

Oshimen:
    Shihori Yukino
    These are really good points. I've always been of the opinion that the content is simply lacking easy English access, but that's mainly because my route into Kamen Joshi wasn't because I was interested in idols, it was because I saw Erina Kamiya on a TV program, looked up Erina and Junketsu, decided to try meeting her, and was mesmerized by their performance, and to this day I haven't been interested in other groups. Your 3rd and 4th points are interesting since one of the otaku I know has also brought that up as why KJ hasn't had another break yet even here in Japan. I'm pretty sure Alice Project is focused on their talents' dance performance as #1 instead of whether they can sing, even to the point of members getting injured and wearing themsevels out. Even if you can't sing, you're still allowed to go on stage; Misa was infamously known as tone deaf, and as for Saria, not to be mean but at her birthday fest, let's just say she really tried her hardest when she was singing live. Despite being a musician, the lip-syncing doesn't bother me too much, but live singing is definitely appreciated. The music is also very well written, in the sense that they hire composers with lots of experience under their belt. Sometime last year I found the blog of the guy who composed Steam Girls' "destiny" and he made such interesting comments on his thought process when making it (sadly, it seems to have been deleted by his agency he's part of).

I would love for them to do a convention circuit, but unfortunately that's likely way out of their current power (even before this pandemic). Birth fest venue decorations are all paid out by fans too (by having fans pay Pasela to make them); Alice Project probably wouldn't be able to keep afloat if they had to do it themselves. Being "underground" idols comes with a certain image too; doing an overseas tour circuit is mainly for "above-ground" well-known groups like AKB or Nogizaka that are backed by major record labels. And I'm sure if that were to happen, there would be great changes amongst them even on the Japanese side; there's one Nanaka oshi who's been going here for 9 years, and no matter if it's then or now, that fan could easily go see Nanaka live and talk with her and get a cheki. If they were on that level of popularity, I'm not so sure that could be possible.

But it's really a shame since these girls really give good dance performances along with other great content and it seems like such a waste for it not to be seen by many people, especially since they work so hard at it.

If this is the case, perhaps Moa also did the Fanfare translation, too. It's actually impressive she's trying so hard.

• Like Like x 1