1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

An idol's salary

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Obelovic, Feb 1, 2016.

1. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    @Obelovic the issue with your assumption of base salary is that you're assuming a traditional Japanese entertainment set up (by the way, in that set up - no one gets a bonus, ever).

We don't know. AKS is screwy with their contracts.

2. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Could you elaborate on this? What do they do?

3. madentau

madentau Kenkyuusei

Not sure this related or not, but on HKT Goboten ep10, Tomiyoshi Asuka, one of HKT member said she had just one piece of yakitori for dinner
    So I assumed unpopular member barely make any money

4. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    that's just the risk of working in a singing group that normally only has 5-10 members top but 40++ instead... Or maybe she's just having a diet routines...
    but I still think it's fair, she can leave anytime though...

5. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    ^and HKT members do theater shows......now i wonder how much Ito Junna or Waada Maya get paid???

6. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I'm not going to jump into any conclusion, since I don't think I have enough data. However I would have to agree that perhaps despite the glamorous appearance of the members, their income is perhaps modest, unless they are very popular. Then again, like someone mentioned in this thread, they may still earn quite a lot of money compared to (most of ) their peers. Plus, they're being relatively popular, and that's something that can't be easily equated to money.

I wonder if most of the members are doing this as some kind of side job. For such members, perhaps the modest pay is still much better than working a side job at McDonald's. For those members who are not very popular, but have to rely on this job, then I think they really are struggling.

7. madentau

madentau Kenkyuusei

It's not just that, because she had no money her gas supply had been cut so her bathroom filled with cold water
    Since it on variety show I want to laugh but at the same time I'm feeling sorry for her

8. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    well if that's the case, how pity of her...

9. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I still find it hard to believe. But if this is indeed happening, and if this is due to her being underpaid (instead of her overspending her money), then this is indeed very sad. And perhaps there's a serious problem with the business model or the management.

10. avalanste

avalanste Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    I find it harder to believe that idols can earn that much based on that attachment provided on the earlier post.

The one about Tomiyoshi Asuka might be true, members at her level might be getting an internship pay equivalent.

But in this kind of showbiz management, the one that earns the most are the directors/producers (people who founded or produce idol group), followed by theatre managers, ADs, music producers, then TV staff managers, and then idols.

The idols have to find other sources of income, and sticking onto just performing as an idol is not going cut it.

11. chronosis

chronosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    what is written in that picture? can you translate that?

12. shirai46

shirai46 Kenkyuusei

Feeling really bad for my Rotti. For what ever reason, she seems to be Nogizaka's least popular girl.She is beautiful and talented.
    My Oshi :(

13. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    How's her HS sales going? She's got a very unique face. And she's indeed a very talented singer.

14. shirai46

shirai46 Kenkyuusei

I don't really understand the system that much. But often she makes the last place. I also don't get it. I fell in love with her the first time I saw her. I am just one of the few people who like her

15. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I love her too, talentwise... at early nogidoko episodes she often paired with ikuta, both are best nogi singers duo and management did acknowledge that...
    eventhough now ikuta is paired with one of the worst, matsumura, I hope that monster duo could do some real project again in the future...
    I wonder how hs ticket influencing mahiro's income as she's have some project with that guitar thingy other than in nogi which I bet is low...

16. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I'm also a bit surprised that Ikuchan gets paired with Sayurin. If management doesn't want to take somebody from outside of the senbatsu, they still have other candidates like Maiyan, Naachan and others.

17. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    The Karaage Shimai unit song came to be somewhat spontaneously I think. It was first a bonus video thing, where they both do horrible cooking & sang a song lol. I guess it got good reception & the two liked the concept too, so they produced an actual song for them. The two might not be the closest among each's circle, but I know they are close too. ^ ^

On rottii, I wouldn't say she's the least popular. My guess is many nogi fans like her decently, but very few oshis her sadly.. if everyone rank you 10th or 15th it might not translate into much in terms of HS sales. :c

I'm very happy about her guitar heroine gig tho, I make sure to watch new vid of this project every time one is uploaded. So she def not in a case of having nothing to do, but yet there's certainly more that can be done. They can release that song she wrote herself & performed in the 1st Principal on a single, or hey even a bonus video of it would be great too. A nogidan unit single would be great for her too, if to a lesser degree.

The first column is rank, second is name with the group in bracket, third is the income estimated by the magazine in units of ten thousands (10,000.)

For nogi there's
    • nanase in 20th with 17 million,
    • maiyan in 23th with 15 million,
    • manattan 26th with 14 mill,
    • nanamin & ikuchan at 28th with 12 mill,
    • 31st sayurin at 9 mill,
    • 41st wakarei at 7 mill,
    • 43rd misa at 6 mill,
    • 45th asuka Ikoma at 5 mill.

18. shirai46

shirai46 Kenkyuusei

hi thx for you answer about Rotti.Can you tell me where I can watch those guitar videos?

19. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
  20. chronosis

chronosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Oh thanks for translation ;)
    Ikoma income at 2014 is 20 million right? and Ikoma income at 2015 is 5 million. Decreased 15 million :blink:

Why Manatsu Income More Than Ikuta?