ANIME thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jun 11, 2007.

1. HSaito

HSaito Kenkyuusei

i´m watching the fourth episode of GTO, I like it and sometimes watch yugi oh GX,..... and play the cardgame

2. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

i like stupid kind of anime, ones that don't require "thinking" as we watch them...
    Azumanga Daioh (again and again and again!!!) <3 <3 <3
    School Rumble (has the 3rd season begun?)
    Shinobuden
    Ebichuu (haha)
    Ichigo Marshmallow
    etc

3. Meyer

Meyer Kenkyuusei

Well technically i've been into anime for a very long time now, since 1996-1998 something like that. It started when Sailor Moon started to air here in sweden, i loved it but didn't know that it was called anime and came from japan. Then pokemon and digimon came which i liked too, still didn't pick up the word anime.
    Then for like 3 years ago now, my buddy showed me Yumeria and i thought it was funny and he taught me about the japanese culture, and now i have got past him in watching anime, reading manga and knowledge about it all ;)
    The favorites i got today is Elfen Lied, School Rumble, Full metal panic x3 (they all got god and bad points), The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, Evangelion and Kimi ga nozomu eien ;)

4. poke

poke Kenkyuusei

5. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

I like the really bloody anime. :D Actually more like the mangas:

Berserk, Claymore, Basilisk, Gantz, Battle Royale, (Mx0, Tenchi, and School Rumble have a little blood I think :) ), Tenjou Tenge, Hajime no Ippo, Evangelion, Devilman, Sekirei, Violence Jack, Death Note, and of I have to include Fist of the North Star! <3

If anyone knows any other mangas, or anime like these, please tell me :D

6. Aiko

Aiko Kenkyuusei

^ Elfen Lied has a LOT of blood. XD

7. Nessy

Nessy Kenkyuusei

^^Priest is pretty bloody, if I remember correctly. (I haven't really read it, it's something my best friend likes.)

8. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

^^ Thanks for the suggestions. I've read some of Elfen Lied. It's about a nakie girl who's the ultimate killing machine, right? Don't know why, but I didn't like it, even though there was plenty of fan service. :D
    I've never heard of Priest before so I'll have to check that out. Sounds religious though, lol.

9. Meyer

Meyer Kenkyuusei

^^ Blood+, Bokuratsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan (short show with a lot of blood and really funny), Hellsing Ultimate
    But you should see elfen lied, it's a masterpiece ;)

10. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

Hmm..I guess I'll give Elfen Lied another chance since a lot of people said they liked it in this thread so it's gotta be good.

Never heard of "Bokuratsu...super long title" either. Funny + blood = good :D

I've seen the whole 13 episode Hellsing anime, but I didn't really like it. Dunno about Hellsing Ultimate though. Is it still the same storyline?

11. Meyer

Meyer Kenkyuusei

You see, the original Hellsing anime only follows the manga for like 5 ep's, then after that it's like fillers.
    Hellsing Ultimate follows the manga, looks much more nicer, does have blood this time and not whit dust. The only negative with it is that there's only one ep every 6 months, so right now 3 ep's have come out, but they are also 50 minutes long :D

12. puipui

puipui Kenkyuusei

ooooooooooo...i really love anime...i started around 5 years ago...i like fruits basket,bleach,naruto,fma,mar n so on...

13. CDevil

CDevil Member

Ahh too much to reply to :(

Nessy you're the only person I know who chooses anime based on art style, that's really cool :D Do you like any western animation, because I've always thought anime was the more stylish of all animation.

It looks like loads of people have seen Elfen Lied. It's brilliant.

For bloody anime, try Samurai X, Guyver and Ninja Scroll.

14. ujang

ujang Kenkyuusei

my fav like stupid kind :
    school rumble, chromartie high, 2x2 shinobuden, gintama etc
    but loved so much, Gundam Seed/Destiny, msigLoo, Elfen Lied, Voice of distant Star

15. Revelation

Revelation Kenkyuusei

I remember watching key the metal idol, sailor moon, and bubble gum crisis back in the day, now is mainly bleach and anything with a good plot...also I like the usual tentacle rape hentai every now and then.

16. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

^ Never heard of Metal the Key Idol, but yea, I remember back in the day when I was a little kid the only anime I watched was on TV since I had no internet.... or a computer for that matter. Dragonball, Ronin Warriors, "Super Fighting Robot, Mega Man" :lol:, Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, Sailor Moon (basically the same plot each episode: there's a little mini story, then a baddie shows up, Serena transforms for 5 minutes, and gets beat up by the bad guy or girl or thing, but amazingly she could always finish off the bad guy with her "moon attack"), and anything that showed on Toonami on Cartoon Network like the Tenchi series, Rorouni Kenshin, Dragonball Z, and some others I forgot......but no "tentacle rape" stuff. I didn't see that until I was a bit older. :shock:

17. CDevil

CDevil Member

I found another horrific anime series along the lines of Elfen lied (but not as gory yet). It's called Higurashi no naku koro ni, I've only seen 5 episodes, but it's genuinely been one of the scariest series I've seen. Episode 1 and episode 5 are not scary at all, but the episodes in between have had me on edge throughout, really really creepy. I don't actually want to continue watching because it's so weird...but I will anyway.

18. Meyer

Meyer Kenkyuusei

I totally understands you there... it was a little scary. Cute little girls can be scary too :p

19. CDevil

CDevil Member

I think it was a miracle that I saw all of Eureka seveN. Everyone I talked to said it's so amazing, although tbh I was bored through a lot of it. I actually stopped and then resumed after several months. The ending was good, and the series as a whole is at least average, so it's not bad. But personally I didn't enjoy it that much. It reminds me a bit of Last Exile at times, but nowhere near as good. Being a fan of mecha anime, I think you'll grow to like it. If I remember correctly, it takes a while to get to the main plot.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone here know about the anime MAR heaven?????