1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

ANIME thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jun 11, 2007.

1. hest

hest Kenkyuusei

Maybe more people recognize it with the name Midori no Hibi. I watched the anime and I really liked it.
    I cant read manga tho, I dont know why, I just cant bother reading it even if lots of people says manga is usually more detailed and stuff.

2. CDevil

CDevil Member

I like all of those series, but except for Naruto, Bleach and One Piece, I've only seen the anime for each one. I really liked Midori days, I watched it all in one day (I love short series). One of the best short series I've seen is Kimi ga nozomu eien, everyone should check that out, it's a real tear jerker (which is rare for an anime).

btw you just gave a spoiler for Naruto :x :lol:

3. Meyer

Meyer Kenkyuusei

WTF!!!! Why did i read he's post!! Nooooeeeeeessssss!!!!!
    Btw Midori no Hibi is ownage, and as CDevil mentioned Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, one of the few times that it actually came some tears from me watchiing a drama. Just felt so bad for Haruka.....
    Another time i cry was just recentlywhen i watched the last ep of Death Note, i was so sad...

4. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

Naruto's overrated anyways :evil: I'm gonna get some hate for that :lol: It all went downhill when it was Naruto vs. Sasuke at that waterfall way back when.

5. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

^ That's because the Naruto anime producers decided to be stupid and make 20+ filler episodes in a row after that battle. Oy.....

6. CDevil

CDevil Member

85 filler episodes :lol:

That's not funny at all because it's true. At the moment the Naruto manga is pretty good, better than Bleach, which became boring last year.

7. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

85? Really? I lost count, lol.

I was all updated back then with the manga, but I stopped cold-turkey when they introduced Sai (that emotionless guy). Dont' get me wrong. I stopped because that was the newest chapter out at the time, not because it got uninteresting or anything like that. I should start again because I agree with you that the Naruto manga is good. :D

Bleach, on the other hand, doesn't interest me as much as Naruto. Ninjas rule! B-)

8. Daisuki Daiiyo

Daisuki Daiiyo Kenkyuusei

lol, I think it's like that with most popular animes, they wanna drag it out so that they can make more moolah off of it, and so they put in like 24289032 filler episodes. Anime's like DBZ and Inu Yasha come to mind...

Anyway, on new-ish stuff, I haven't gotten into Bleach or Naruto. I just can't for some reason. :/ Bebop was the pinnacle of anime greatness for me.

9. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

^ As well you shouldn't get into those two animes! :lol: On the Bebop note, may I suggest Black Lagoon... Many people are saying that it's on par with Bebop.

10. Revelation

Revelation Kenkyuusei

i'm a big rurouni kenshin fan, love the ova more tho

But We All Know Evangelion Is The Greatest Anime Ever

11. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

I'm not trying to be an ass here, but I have one word for people who say this: Why? Now, I enjoyed the show, but I don't understand why some people say that this show is just the best thing ever. There is no doubt that it has been INFLUENTIAL, although I'd say not for the better in a lot of cases. Hey, it's okay for a show to not make any sense! We can save money on the script! :p I know people talk about the religious undertones and the "deep hidden meaning", but really, all I see is a bunch of rhetorical nonsense from a director who at the time was not particularly stable. Although, I must admit, I loved the big "fuck you" he gave to all the fans who whined about the ending of the TV series by giving them an even more whacked out, nonsensical, almost impossible to follow, much more unsatisfying ending via End of Evangelion. :lol: Honestly, I liked the TV series ending better. It seemed a little more meaningful, as much as Eva can be anyway. And aside from that, even the "whimsy and wonder" part of the series was only sustained for a short time at the end. Mostly, it was a monster of the week show, which was fine. Hell, the earlier episodes of the series were pretty damn good, then it just fell into this mess of rhetoric and psychological babble about a kid who can't come to terms with his life. Cue an emo song, here!

That's only my negative side of the series. Remember, overall, I like it, I own the platinum box set, but those whole "best anime ever" thing is just a bunch of repeated hype. Take a look at it from a normal standpoint as you would any show and you'll probably see that it's an entertaining watch, but nothing terribly special. Just my $.02, of course. ;)

12. erin

erin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I haven't really been watching much anime lately. =( The last thing I've watched I think is Onegai Twins.

13. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

Nothing wrong with that show. :) It was really good for what it was. I actually bought the box set. Hopefully I'll actually watch it again sometime. ;)

14. Daisuki Daiiyo

Daisuki Daiiyo Kenkyuusei

I really don't see what's so great about Evangelion either. I saw a few episodes of it, and it didn't really catch my interest much.

The Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X OAV is really something though. Super depressing, but really moving. It was really great.

I'll have to give Black Lagoon a go then! B-)

15. Erena

Erena Kenkyuusei

I don't really watch anime, but the ones I have watched and love are-

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon- I frist started watching it when I was about 5! I rememberd when it started comming on t.v! I love the characters and everything! Minako is my fav! <3<3

Azumanaga Daioh- Sooo funny and cute! nee ^o^ I love all of the characters in this to!

Kare Kano- Shibahime!!!! <3<3 Such a funny seris!

Kodomo no Omocha- So funny and cute! <3

Kanon-Such a sweet short anime! Makes me cry everytime!

Love Hina- xDD Suuuuuuuuuuu

Super Gals!- Hatchiko! <3<3

16. CDevil

CDevil Member

While Evangelion isn't my favourite anime ever, I still think it's pretty damn good. It's been a while since I watched it, but I think I liked it mainly because of the characters rather than the plot (you gotta love Asuka, and you gotta feel like kicking Shinji in the gonads). I prefer Evangelion to Rahxephon, which is a bit similar in terms of deep plot and giant robots.

17. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

Most people whose opinion I respect see tell me to watch Rahxephon because it's supposedly better. I watched it a while back, and I did not follow it at all. I mean, from start to finish, except for the basic plot elements, I was friggin' lost. I dunno, maybe I just don't dig the whole pseudo-intellectual world armageddon stuff. It's not like I dislike chatty shows(Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex and the Patlabor movies are chatty winners), so I dunno.

18. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

^ GITSAC > Patlabor any day of the week :lol:

Watch Kanon 2006 yet??? It's gooood! :lol:

19. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

Most people would say that, for the simple reason that Patlabor is a little old. Most anime *cough*fans*cough* now wouldn't give a dated show a chance if they were given it for free. Oh wait, most of them don't pay for it anyway. Heh, well, hopefully you've got a better reason than that. :)

20. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

Sorry should've elaborated. I found Patlabor (the more recent ones) a little boring compared to GITSAC... Most recent Patlabor didn't really have that much mystery in it like the other patlabors. It just ended up being a typical who-done-it detective movie, so I got a little bored with it. I do however like the old tv patlabor series. I just prefer GITSAC because ghost in the shell was the first anime I watched way back when it first came out. So I guess my opinion is a little biased :) But I do own all series and movies for both... Bought and paid for. One of the few people who still purchases anime. :lol: