1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

ANIME thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    The mother of Doma family. Taihei & Umaru's mom. Now I can die in peace.

Capture.PNG

2. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Because I'm not into tokusatsu nor mahou shoujo, this is my favorite henshin.

[​IMG]

3. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
  4. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    RIP Bulma ... :(
    I've never noticed that Ukyo from Ranma 1/2 had the same voice as Bulma ...

5. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Just watched 'Sarusuberi' (百日紅*, or 'Miss Hokusai' in the West) on NF today; apparently this debuted two years ago in Japan.

There's a weird sense of something when I watch jidaigeki pieces like this. I'm a JA, five generations removed from there... and this story predates when my great-great-great-grandfather stepped onto that ship headed for Hawaii, by another two generations. I only have individual access to the Japan that replaced it... but even walking around metro areas there now, with optical door openers, electric cars and iPhone Xs... can't help but feel a strong connection to the simple, tech-less, closed society buried underneath it, that hadn't yet begun to defile the earth.

Felt a similar strange feeling walking on cobbles with wagon ruts worn into them living in Germany... the act of building and doing things with human hands and feet for hundreds of years, creates a sort of hole in 3D space that's invisible, but its influence can still be felt in a subtle sense of 'sabi' (寂), without the 'wabi' (侘). Replacing the wabi (nature) is the uniquely human ability to make the natural unnatural... and when people's sweat and tears are shed x 1M x however many years the society's been around... that hole in space can apparently reach the feelings of an 18-yo soldier, 800 yrs later...

That simplicity... those simple joys and deep-cutting sorrows that ordinary people accepted as 'life' in 1814, bakufu-administered Edo/Tokyo... is something distinctly missing in day-to-day's now; perhaps the only place we see and feel it, is with children, through children's eyes and hands. What did kids do, before game consoles, Pokémon and the internet? How did they experience their world? Through their senses, the pain in their muscles, the smells and textures and sounds we try to digitize and pipe in now, thinking it's some kind of substitute for the real thing.

This anime is beautifully told in episodic form, like animated manga... which is itself another fold of the subject, two artists in pre-Meiji Edo. Ukiyo-e --> manga --> anime... in order to touch 1983 minds, a Hokusai-based story had to become something else... and to celebrate and reach 2015 minds, it was further evolved using animation. So even this medium is somewhat removed from the simplicity it champions... but despite that analysis... my heart swelled a lot watching it.

Being episodic, it more tries to be faithful to its source material than coherent as a work of art... the only threads common to the stories being O-ei and her father Hokusai. Not to belabor the tech-angsty POV too much, but I was made aware of a lot of things that Edo-era people didn't have the luxury of taking for granted that we do now -- without spoiling anything, I'm sure each of you who give this anime movie a try will see what I mean.

TL;DR: focused on feelings and poignancy rather than riffs and flash (true of jidaigeki in general, imo). Animation is good, not mind-bending, but expecting so is another post-Millenium affectation. If you don't know who Hokusai was, you will want to after seeing this movie. :approve:

* Sarusuberi (猿滑り, 'monkey slipping') alludes to the idiom 'even monkeys fall from trees', which is why 百日紅 (hyakujitsukou, 'hundred-day crimson) has that name -- the plant blossoms for more than 100 days, which is highly unusual... but since even monkeys sometimes slip and fall from trees... we'll call it so, rather than its dowdy literal name.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  6. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    RIP Tsuru Hiromi. I heard she got cardiac arrest while she drove her car.

BTW, One Punch Man is season 2 is next year! I'm so excited.

7. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    She was way before my time so I know not much about her seiyuu profile too

Rest in Peace

One of my fav lesson in Japanese lit course cuz we get to see all these saucy images from the ukiyo-e compared to all the zen buddhism boring stuff lol jk

Uncle stormy if you enjoyed the anime then I think you would love the NHK drama movie version as well

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/kurara/3018005/

======================

No brainers must watch list 2018

Anime:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Girls work http://www.girlswork-animation.com/
    Steins Gate 0
    Sidonia no Kishi season 3
    Lelouche season 3??

And of course how can we forget to support dab city girl and friends 22/7 [hehe]

Anime movies:

Rest of the Fate Heaven Feels trilogy and Eva

8. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
  9. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ @Rurouni isn't gonna be happy... at least I hope not.

I'll never, ever understand why. :wall:And what a bastard for keeping such garbage at work... arrogant $^*k. Hope he enjoys food slid under a steel door for the rest of his life...

10. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Yaaaaa I saw the news too. Didnt really wanna post it...

Think he only gets fined tho.

11. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  12. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Does anybody know if there's a way to watch to Crayon Shinchan episodes weekly? Please PM me if you know it. Thanks.

13. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Batman Ninja is real. Designed by Takashi Okazaki, creator of Afro Samurai.

14. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    has anyone here seen Seitokai Yakuindomo?
    it is one of the funnies things ever imo
    i love the humor in it

15. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Guys, you should really watch Sakamichi no Apollon. It has a great storyline, and the best slice-of-life anime there is! Plus, music!!

16. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Sakamichi no Apollon made me love jazz.It's my favorite sol anime along with Non Non Biyori

17. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Anyone know so called Rusanime called "First Squad" ? I use that word it look so much Japan Animation although it was from Russia...

Well... Someone Anime is easier than animation, although it was only different word same think.

So, Which is world most intrest Anime... or was these old still top?

Anyway? Are "Tiger mask" maked only that manga and that life action movie? (I don´t sure)

18. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    When everyone is praising Sayanee and Sayuri for their performance in Hare Hare Yukai, I'm just here wondering what happened to Hirano Aya dangg but she is still best fit for this Haruhi classic song

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

19. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Great to see such a nostalgic song and dance rendered by some 48G girls... hard to believe Haruhi is as old as AKB...

Hirano Aya... she got burnt out and made some pretty poor decisions when KyoAni was peaking after Lucky Star; after that she found it hard to find work and faded into relative obscurity to everyone but hardcore fans, IIRC. KyoAni itself did similar just more slowly IMO :^^;:

I remember how groundbreaking Haruhi was at the time. Unfort it was during the moe boom, which meant I ducked out of watching manistream anime but for few exceptions. :fp:

20. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Never have I imagined 4846 collab with this anime classic as well...

She reminds me of Techi now lol Hated for being super popular which led to her career meltdown