1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Anything48 FANS IN THE U.S.???

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by Zealotan, Dec 9, 2011.

1. admiraltolokus

admiraltolokus Kenkyuusei

Oklahoma has traded tornadoes for earthquakes
    Best way to describe the weather in Texas and Oklahoma OKLAHOMA.PNG I do love our weather though, you get the four seasons, and sometimes you get all four in the middle of one season or the other! :^^;:

2. Hime

Hime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    eclair_tan
    I'm so glad I might be moving, either way. Thank god for four seasons.

I miss Florida, though, its still home ;_;

3. iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    iamcrazymike
    I am from Northern California in a place no one has probably heard of called Union City. I officially started listening to AKB48 at some point in mid July. I was aware they existed for several years but never really bothered to sit down and listen to them outside of watching the PV for Heavy Rotation. Though in the middle of July I finally decided to open Pandora's Box.

4. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Been to Union City for a day trip, back in my Junior High days.[hehe] Originally from Southern Cali myself. Spent a few years in Sacramento, then back to SoCal, then up to Oregon where I live, work, and play now. Pacific Northwest is where it really is at. Beautiful forests, awesome summers, mild winters if you can handle rain :^^;:, and all the outdoor activities you can imagine.:omfg:Now if I can only get some time off to go do those outdoors things.:gavel:

5. burningbrita

burningbrita Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    sparklingbrita
    No one's posted here for a while, but I'm from Minnesota! Not a whole lot of AKB or idol fans here...I've met a few H!P fans in passing at an anime convention and have been trying to convert my friend to AKB/H!P, but that's about it :(

6. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I used to live in Washington for a while, for study purposes, I was in uni then~ 7 years ago~ Barely knew anyone who'd like the same things as I did~

7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    It is such a hassel to grab Hulu videos, that it is not even worth it. Also, if you are outside the US you will need a VPN with servers in the US to get a Hulu account, or Netflix. On top of that Hulu has started blocking known VPN IP adresses. But since you asked so nicely @rka, I will see if I can get thise vids. Within reason mind you. Will have to wait though. Next week is Thanksgiving here. Preparations start today.:corr:

8. Giraffe

Giraffe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    motomuraaoi
    Any fans in Washington State?

I'm interested in meeting some people with similar interests. All my current friends listen to me yap their ear off about 48G but they can't really have a full conversation with me because they're not fans like I am. They're good friends; they listen and provide some input, but we end up talking about other things instead because their 48G knowledge is limited. I need a 48G outlet.

Anyway, let's exchange contact info!

I'm new to forums and forum etiquette, by the way, so if there is an easier way to get a message out on here, please let me know. I'm not even sure if I'm doing this right, to be honest.

One last thing I forgot, if you're a tokusatsu fan too, that is a plus!

9. GeoFreak

GeoFreak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayashimomoka
    Twitter:
    GeoFreak17
    Boston area here. I moved here a year and a half ago from Northern California; I'm originally from Fremont, CA, next door to Union City. See, people do know Union City!

This topic seems pretty dead, but if anyone wants to meet up at Anime Boston or something, that would be cool. I'm definitely going to the LiSA concert.

10. iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    iamcrazymike
    Wait . . . there's a LiSA concert in Boston? I wonder who the anime cons/Japanese culture events here are going to bring here this year . . .

11. GeoFreak

GeoFreak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayashimomoka
    Twitter:
    GeoFreak17
    You can add SCANDAL at Anime Central (Chicago) to that list, as I'm sure you know from SH :p

12. iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    iamcrazymike
    I meant in Northern California . . .

13. GeoFreak

GeoFreak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayashimomoka
    Twitter:
    GeoFreak17
    Ah sorry, I missed the key word "here" in your post. Unfortunately Fanime has announced their guests pretty late in recent years. The J-Pop Summit in San Francisco seems to be growing every year, though. I bet there will be some good guests there.

14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Tokyo Girls Style was at the San Fran show last time. Got to see them as I was in town for business. Was up pretty close for their set as well. Hiichan right in front of me. I was happy.:awesome:

15. iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    iamcrazymike
    J-Pop Summit will always be my AKB48 Fan story as I'd only started listening to AKB the week before and I already got to see someone who was in AKB (Itano) live. Although since I was running a booth inside the Japantown mall, I wasn't able to see any of the other acts. I also wasn't able to see Kyary the year before due to the same reason.

16. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I did not even know the show was happening until the day of. I was driving by, saw the posters, and thought "that looks like TGS!" Parked my car a few blocks away, walked back and saw that it was indeed TGS playing that day. I made a call on the spot to reschedule my meeting for the next day. Two more calls and I had tickets. :cool:

Dragged my buddy, who lives in San Fran, down to see the show. Poor guy had no idea what the heck he was watching.:lol:

17. Mayoi

Mayoi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I'm in Utah. I can't find any AKB48 fans here. :( I just discovered AKB48 on pandora last summer, and liked them after the first song I heard (RIVER). Funny because first I thought it was sort of like a Japanese version of Kidz Bop. Lol!!! But it sounded cool so I didn't skip it. Glad I didn't! Lol! Because I loved it and realized they actually sing good! Then I watched AKB0048, and the rest is history. ;)

But I was primed for becoming an AKB48 fan because I had watched Wake Up Girls anime last Spring and loved it. I was kind of afraid of AKB48 like, "are these people like the I-1 Club?? o.o" Lol!! Looking back, the I-1 club is pretty funny joke about AKB48. lol!

18. winxred12

winxred12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Too bad I don't live there anymore :/ I lived in salt lake about a year~ I believe there's a fan who is sasshi oshi that lives in Utah but I don't remember what her/his nick is :/

19. Mayoi

Mayoi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Cool, if you remember please let me know!~ Aw we would have been close by. I live in a SLC suburb. (nearby the SLC valley.)

20. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    I'm from Florida