1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Ao no Umi ~ LONG SUMMER (14/06/30~)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by zeroshiki, Jun 30, 2014.

1. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Gonna make a master info post in case people are interested in the drama.

[​IMG]

Series Preview:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Press Release w/cast:

OP Theme:

Synopsis:

The daughter of a wealthy construction company CEO, Odate Mai has been worried as of late with the knowledge that the mother that raised her is not her biological mother. Learning that her biological mother resides in Okinawa, she desperately tries to get in contact with her and goes to Okinawa on her own. While looking for her mother she meets a local resident there by the name of Aragaki Kouta. At first Mai thought Kouta hated people who were rich, but upon learning that he has a sister who is ill in the hospital, becomes attracted to his kindness. Kouta also thought Mai was just an unlikable rich girl, but becomes attracted to her as well as he learns of her pure personality and her kindness towards his sister. As they become more and more important to each other, the duo learns of their parents' past as well as the reason for the death of their loved ones as their destinies quiver. Kouta's abandoned past and Mai's unforgettable memory spins on an axis as a grand 15 year love story is written in Okinawa.

Cast:

Odate Mai: Okina Megumi (Adult), Jo Eriko (Age 17, NMB48)
    Aragaki Kouta: Tokuyama Hidenori (Adult), Inukaji Tsuyoshi (Young)
    Takagishi Keigo: Ogata Takahiro (Adult, Panther), Onotsuka Yuto (Young)
    Odate Yuko: Sugita Kaoru
    Aragaki Haruo: Kimura Yuichi
    Odate (Mai's father): Itao Itsuji
    Hirai Fumiko: Edo Harumi
    Odate Yuiichiro: Iwaki Koichi

Produced by Yoshimoto Kogyo, the drama features numerous Yoshimoto talentos, including the series lead Jo Eriko, Kimura Yuichi, Ogata Takahiro, Itao Itsuji, and Edo Harumi.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
  2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Well, wasn't Amachan something of the sort?

I haven't watched it yet (plans to sub it?), but from the trailer, I think this is trying too hard to channel that other one somehow. Jo is kinda similar to Aki, it's summer and bla bla bla. Let's see how it's received! Jo could do with some more exposure, so it's all good.

3. Bii

Bii Kenkyuusei

When is the watch online or download hope you post up okay?. I do not see it.

4. edisonaguilar

edisonaguilar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    edsnaguilar
    Its good to see Jo finally getting some exposure again. Even if its only a small chance, I just really hope someone will sub this. By the way, is there any link to where I can watch this? :)

5. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Episode 1:

[​IMG]

We should be getting other more stable links soon enough but in the meantime, here is the link to the first episode!

http://video.fc2.com/en/content/20140630pYG7dmQ3/

Episode 2

Episode 3:

Episode 4:

Episode 5:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  6. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Amachan doesn't have a protagonist try and become an idol and or deal with a real-life disaster. This story is a lot more straightforward and cheesy, and shouldn't be compared to Ama-chan since it's definitely waaaay more low key than that. It's just a soap opera. Ama-chan was something else. It'll be good exposure, but won't be too much since it's just broadcasted in the Tokai area. Not that it matters though since the core demographic isn't wota anyways but rather housewives.

Is it channeling Ama-chan? Yeah, I guess. But these morning/afternoon dramas tend to fit a very specific mold so it's hard to say it's one or the other.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  7. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Its not Tokai only :p Its National. Its being produced by Tokai TV for the Fuji Network and broadcast nationally.

It also has absolutely nothing similar to Amachan other than the actress for the heroines both being from Hyogo Prefecture.

8. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Oh really? I had it backwards then. Good to know!

9. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Its a super big get for her that is at a level that most 48G members will never come close to.

That's also why there's already an anti thread in 2ch and the NMB thread has been invaded since this afternoon and there is nothing but anti Jo posts.

10. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Is this Yoshimoto flexing its muscles? :shifty: She hasn't even been back for a year yet.

11. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    That's disappointing.

I don't understand why people start shoveling hate when they legitimately earned their spots without any push. I still remember when Kaoru got hate because she auditioned for a movie and got the lead actress part and everyone started saying gori-oshi.

Eh, whatever. It is 2ch after all.

12. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    It definitely is since this drama is a Yoshimoto production from head to toe. Management clearly sees something special in Jo (although there apparently was an audition for this role)

Yeah, its 2ch. Its probably a combination of fans of other groups/H!P fans/Momokuro fans/crazy people that are doing it. Its best to just stay away when it gets into that mode.

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Well, the Amachan / Ao no Umi thing must be me alone. Again, I haven't watched this episode, but I always saw/see a bit of Jo in Aki while watching the other one. So maybe that's why. :^^;:

14. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Alot of people said that Nounen looked like Jo when she appeared in Amachan. I guess there's some similarity but not that much.

15. sayanee

sayanee Kenkyuusei

Congrats!! Eriko!

Hope she ignores the haters and embraces her blessings. Obviously, someone higher up continues to see star values in her.
    She had grown up to be very visually catching. If she continues acting, whether or not she's in any Senbatsu won't matter anymore. I think she should rise with acting. It will mean she won't have to heavily do gravur to get her name out there (I don't think it suits her pure image).

Eriko, the actress, fighting!

16. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Two episodes in, and I think I can offer a few of my thoughts on the drama!

Jo's acting was noticeably improved by the second episode on Tuesday. She's more natural than Inukai currently, which is cool because Inukai's a JUNON winner and those guys tend to all be pretty good actors. Actors like Yamamoto Yusuke, Mizobata Junpei etc. are all former JUNON guys.

The story is totally entertaining on its own and definitely watchable. Jo did a pretty good job of erasing her Kansai dialect too.

Fun to see Kimu-nii there! And Edo Harumi! And Garage Sale's Kawata, who is I think the only person who is from Okinawa in this whole drama haha. Kawata is also in the Geinin 2 film.

But more importantly it's great to be able to see Jo act everyday! Hopefully the past gets a big chunk of the series' run, or we will alternate back and forth between the present so we just suddenly don't see Jo after a while.

17. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Its confirmed that the past will be 3 weeks or 15 episodes worth. That of course doesn't count flashback scenes and stuff but Jo is basically the lead in this for July.

18. Bii

Bii Kenkyuusei

Here is the link to the second episode!

19. Smilodon

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Episode 6:

Episode 7:

Episode 8:

Episode 9:

Episode 10:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  20. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

How long is this drama gonna be episode-wise? Really interesting so far.

Okinawan dialect is completely lost on me:^^;: