1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Guess you out of luck bro...Sasshi not feeling well

http://akb48taimuzu.livedoor.biz/archives/50895914.html

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    The rule is simply this, and it has essentially been the same for quite a while...

-If you want to use an open ticket, ticket of sick member, or simply a ticket for someone else you missed or decided you don't want to see, you can use it at any lane with a "star" next to the member's name.
    - You must wait until 30 minutes after the lane opens before you can enter. (i.e. Slot 3: 12:00-1:30, open tickets can be used beginning at 12:30) The first 30 minutes of each slot are for ticket holders for that lane/slot only
    -The lanes close 30 minutes prior to the end of the slot for EVERYONE. It is even stated on your ticket. They shut the gates at that point. Now since today was quite an organizational mess, there were quite a few exceptions made to that rule. But that doesn't happen all the time.
    -When you use tickets in this way, you are not eligibe to win whatever prize they might be drawing for (cheki, selfie, video, etc.)

Have no idea. I'm sure it was a complete mess. I have been in a lane like that before. Popular member, also making up for an entire day she missed previously. It was awful. Was in line for over 2 hours. BTW, I have a similar story today WITH THE SAME MEMBER. But I will save that for my writeup. And again, these are the issues when one gets tickets for lots of popular members.

You know you could have declined the drawing, right?. I don't want to give you a hard time David, but I always sigh when I read things like this. Not that you represent every foreign fan, but sometimes I think that we collectively look bad when one of us causes a big "kerfuffle" like that. But whatever, it's not like I have never been guilty of committing a faux pas in idol land. Though I am really surprised that you had such an aversion to winning the cheki, something just about every other person in the entire building wanted to win. I mean jeez, how many tickets did you have? You wouldn't have wanted one special autographed cheki? I actually won 2, the last two tickets I had for the day. (Had 10 tickets total, one wasn't eligible for a prize, so 2 for 9) Check these out...

IMG_4654.JPG
    Front and back cover, it is like a hardcover book. (that's both of them next to one another) BTW, they came with a clear plastic cover, and a little clear slip you could put the photo in. That slip had glue on one side so you could affix the cheki in the book

IMG_5655.jpg
    Kaotan

IMG_5656.jpg
    Hidaka Yuzuki (Team KII)

You mentioned being able to post this stuff on Facebook. Wouldn't THAT be cool to post on Facebook?

While I'm at it, I will preview my two signed CDs from Tani and Akiyoshi. I'll give you all one guess which is which. [hehe]

IMG_4657.JPG IMG_4658.JPG
    Actually they aren't too dissimilar from one another.

Anyway, I hope you guys had a good time. I look forward to reading your reports. I will post mine in the next day or two.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @Cristafari I fully understand what you say and yes it makes international fans look bad. These events are 100% for Japanese fans and they're done to appeal to their tastes. Of course chekis are very popular in Japan whereas elsewhere they look to people like old-fashioned Polaroids.

The problem I had at that moment was I feeling very frustrated. I'd gone for 2 hours without a 2-shot. I queued for over 30 minutes for Jurina with maybe 150 or more people in front of me with the line going nowhere. I didn't want to miss Sasshi so I left and went to her line before the slot opened. An hour later I was still in that queue with the booth curtain still closed.

So by then I'd wasted two tickets for aces, plus Sakura missed the whole day due to illness (I had a ticket for her). I'd only used 7 out of 12 tickets by slot 4. I'd lost interest in the album signings and to me the chekis were an inconvenience. So I was mega-grumpy and hungry by then.

However on reflection, especially as the second half of the day went much, MUCH better (I've some really nice stories from the later slots to tell whenever I get around to writing my report) I now feel somewhat different. I do feel bad that I might have offended the youngest member I saw today, even though she didn't appear put out. She would have done something cute and special.

Yet at the end of the day I do have a marvellous and complete set of clear pictures to remember the day by and yes, I have to say that's what I really wanted especially as who knows when I can return again.

4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @David61

Did you at least get to use your missed tickets on other members? Did you blow off the CD autograph entirely? How many of those did you have. I would have taken it (them)!!!

BTW, the biggest clusterf**k I saw all day had to be the CD autograph line for Oguri Yui. (Lane 75, Slot 6) She's that popular??? I thought there was a limit to the autographs. It looked like there were over 500 people in that queue, and it was blocking 3 additional lanes. (and this was 30 minutes after the slot had ended) They had to move them somewhere else because the other lanes couldn't function.

Also, I saw Jurina (she was next to Kaotan). Lookin' good with the blond hair! I made eye contact with her a couple of times.

5. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @Cristafari By the start of slot 6 I thought I might be wasting as many as 7 of the 24 tickets I'd bought today - but no, by the end of the day I'd used them all as thanks to 'oshimashi' I ended up using 5 tickets in each of the last 2 slots. I did though only use 2 of my 4 album tickets (both in the first slot with Komiharu and Jiina) and I wish I could have given you the other two! I must say though that the album signings were rather like an extended HS meeting and with both girls (who spoke good English) I had time for good conversations. And yes I saw the mega-line for YuiYui for signings. i also saw long signing lines for girls who i suspect rarely see many fans at HS events.

Indeed Jurina looked very nice today and of course with 20-20 hindsight I would have hung on in her line and forgotten about Sasshi. I did see her close-up twice as I used tickets for both Kaotan and Azumarion who were on either side of her. Actually her line in the final slot looked quite short yet she was sold out - perhaps her last last slot was deliberately undersold so she could get away earlier?

(BTW my meetings with Kaotan and Azumarion were both very, very nice as well as somewhat extended - stories to follow soon!)

6. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think more people had exchange tickets because so many members were absent. And you only have a 30 minute window to use them. I couldnt use any until the 5th round and used most as an extra shot and had 3 unused tickets. And the cd tickets were like extra tickets. Plus, it takes an hour to line up for super senbatsu members.

So the hkt members were just tired from their prior day concert?

7. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

I guess it all depends on the popularity of members you are going to.

8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I agree, the fact that all of NGT was out, plus Sakura, and Sasshi for most of the day, that left a lot of extra tickets out there that could conceivably be used at other lanes. Although my guess is that there will be make up dates to use some of those tickets too. But also since this was the first day of the shamekai, there was a lot of confusion, a lot of unnecessarily super-long lines, and as a result a lot of people couldn't use tickets due to time issues.

Also, you know you could have used your open tickets in multiples too, right? I saw a lot of people doing that. They would use their now open tickets in clumps of 3-5 just to get them used. I feel bad knowing you guys ate tickets like that. I think back to all the tickets I have had over the years that went unused because they didn't have the rules then that they do now.

Let this be a lesson to everyone when it comes to getting tickets for big senbatsu members. They have long lines that sometimes can take an entire slot...sometimes even more than one slot to get through. Heck, I only had one senbatsu member ticket, and I had a hard time getting all of my tickets done. With the exception of Slot 6, I was down to the wire all day, and I never had more than three tickets in any slot. But hopefully management will iron out some of those issues since some of the lines seemed like they were taking much longer than they needed to.

But you need to strategize. If you are getting tickets for a top senbatsu member like Sakura, Sasshi, Sayanee, etc. Perhaps don't get tickets for anyone else in that slot. Or if you do, make sure it is a lesser popular member who doesn't usually have a long line. That is what I did in Slot 3. I went to Vivian first (15 minutes), then Tanamin (20 minutes), and then still had time to line up for Dasu before the gates closed.

And as for those CD autograph ticket, I think they are totally worth the effort. You can see the two I got a few posts above this one. My strategy was to get these done in the beginning of the slot. In fact I pre-queued, so I would be in the front of the line. (For Tani I was 4th, for Akiyoshi I was 8th) This way they didn't take up valuable slot time.

9. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^^
    That's the biggest factor i guess, i always had a mion or yuiyui each round and i lined up for mayu 3x.
    ^
    Thanks! That's really good advice. I guess for the big senbatsu members, it's better to have tickets in the same round and just get multiple shots but i wanted to meet them several times. And girls like yuria, kato rena had really long lines too never mind that they supposedly didnt sell out in particular rounds. I guess you can only use 2 tickets if you have a big senbatsu member in a round.

Haha, i used 2 on rara and 2 on ryoha right after when i saw that her line wasnt long. And i guess i wanted to keep sakura's ticket(s) as a souvenir as she was the member i wanted to meet the most. So no regrets about having unused tickets. I was also really happy to use an oshimashi ticket for riripon who was my best experience for the event (i guess i'll post a little when i get back this weekend).

And yes i was able to use my 2 cd tickets although i had to abandon lines that was moving really slow. I also had a harder time figuring out who i can oshimashi in a round since i cant read the kanji names. So i had to look at the

member's line then check the list for the star one at a time rather than just check the list immediately to see who are available. But i think the lines were longer because of sasshi, sakura, nakai rika and a whole bunch of members being absent plus the cd lines. Girls like ota nao, honda hitomi etc had long lines too.

And yes, i completely agree that you have to strategize to adjust to what's going on. I decided on abandoning lines during the final 30 minutes in order to pre-queue instead lol.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  10. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @Cristafari Yes indeed the absence of NGT, Sakura, Haruppi etc meant people had lots of tickets to re-use. I must admit I didn't think of using multiple tickets for one girl even though I saw others doing it. Anyway I did use all my tickets - 15 in the last 3 slots including 6 in the very last one - yes 6 individual members, all reasonably well-known, no KKS. How I managed that will be soon explained in my report!

Last year I had no problems with queuing for aces - I saw Mayu, Sasshi, Yukurin, Jurina each with no long waits. Something was different this year IMO.

OK the signings meant extra effort but definitely worth it. I did think of using up my 2 unused ones with KKS girls who had no queues but I was just so tight for time.

Next time will definitely be different with fewer of the most popular girls for me. My blood pressure will thank me lol.

11. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

With the cd signing, can you just have it done on one cd or do you need 1 cd per girl?

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I don't know if there is a rule regarding that or not, but everyone I saw (with the exception of one person) had the actual cover signed, which would imply one CD per member. It should also be noted that the girls like to write messages and stuff on the CD, so you might be shooting yourself in the foot if you want to have them all sign on one cover. Anyway, it isn't like you are getting each member on the cover to sign the cover, since I don't believe any of them are participating in the signing.

Also, you just need to bring the CD jacket insert, the jewel box and CD aren't necessary

13. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @GATX105 I'm envious you got to 2-shot with Riripon! She was my best experience at the NMB HS on Saturday but I just couldn't fit her in on Monday. However I had better luck with Nagisa, my second-best HS experience, I did manage to oshimashi with her in the last slot on Monday, on the stroke of 30 minutes into the slot she had just 4 people in her line.

14. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    Thanks! I dont follow nmb post-milky but riripon was very awesome. I'm glad i lined up and am now a fan.

I believe you can use just one cd jacket. The common signing pages are the cover, the page where all the members are and the individual member page if it's one of the 7 on the cover. I had tomu and yuria sign on their pages although i used 2 different jackets. But bear in mind that it probably wouldnt be proper to have a member sign on an inside page if theyre not there so cover would be the best place for such a member.

But it's probably best to use different jackets in case you lose or damage one i think.

15. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it :D

16. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Mikurin just talked about you on her SHOWROOM, so I would say you're definitely crazy for refusing a cheki, especially given how high quality and rare the cheki itself is :eek: I would echo what @Cristafari said, next time just tell them you don't want to do the drawing. When you're getting your tickets checked, the people at the desk always ask you whether you want to try for whatever the event is in that line, in this case, the cheki. Not only would you have saved yourself the trouble at the front (there's no way they would've given you two photos for the price of one, that's why people buy multiples if they want more than one photo [hehe]), since only 48 people can win a cheki with a certain member during the whole day, you could've given that extra chance to someone who actually wanted the cheki.

17. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @ithebigc What exactly did she say?

EDIT: I've just seen your Twitter messages - so she thought I was American? Oh dear. Now I really feel embarrassed. :oops:

I just didn't understand what was meant to be happening with the chekis. My fault though for still not being able to speak good enough Japanese.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  19. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @sscrla Thanks but I've read enough from @ithebigc Twitter. I'm just going to have to let it pass but definitely I'm not attending any more events until I have a better grasp of Japanese and I can fully understand the rules posted on official sites.

In the meantime I'll finish off my report of the event and I'll try and post it in the next couple of days. As I've said before, the last 3 slots were much better and more successful than the first 5 so hopefully it should be an interesting read.

20. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Mind you, she was happy to have you go and see her :approve: I only started watching right in the middle of the part she was talking about you so I don't know why she got on the topic, but she was just guessing that you were an American (her English sucks, don't expect her to be able to tell accents apart haha) who was going to their first event and thus didn't understand how the system worked. She then said she was glad that people from other countries wanted to go and meet her though, so I think Mikurin is all cool with it.