1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    So it seems, ordered all 3 types. Now it's only a matter of seeing the timetables since my plane takes off next morning from Nagoya and it's several hours with shinkansen. :D

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @Tuhis

As of today there are still Shoot Sign event tickets available for resale at Gorakudoh in Harajuku, albeit expensive, so there is the possibility of obtaining those tickets via resale. Someone also mentioned that there may still be Limited Editions available in shops, and I know at the Tokyo event they had LE copies for sale. So it is possible to get tickets for that Fukuoka event, if you do plan on making that LONG journey (or if you happen to be in Kyushu)

As for the Shoot Sign "Yukata Festival" on the 23rd, I don't think they will be doing any more resales for that single, so you are probably out of luck. Right now they are doing 48th single resale, which you mentioned you are missing by a day or so. Personally, I am hoping they do one more album resale as I would like to attend the June event. However, if you are looking for a fun event to attend on the weekend of July 22-23...

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...rt-2017-07-22-23-yomiuri-otemachi-hall.17620/

:D

3. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Thanks for the tips!

Like I said, got 3 LEs coming up from YesAsia, let's see if they deliver! :D Then it's only a matter of schedules, if I manage to do handshakes early in the day it's doable, since my flight back is the following morning. Just need to figure out how to get from Fukuoka to Nagoya without using Nozomi.

4. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

It's possible to catch the Sakura 568 at 6:42 pm and arrive at Shin Osaka at 9:25pm.

Then catch the Kodama 696 at 9:33pm to Nagoya arriving at 10:35 or the Kodama 698 ( last train) at 10:03pm to Nagoya arriving at 11:05pm.

That's a big commute my friend. I hope this info helps.

5. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    National handshakes are never early in the day. They usually start late and it's usually a mini live first, then they start lettin children, family, girls go at it first before letting remaining people in. Realistically speaking u won't be able to start any handshake till in the afternoon.

6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @Tuhis Just to add to the reply from @nobodywil regarding trains, when I visited Fukuoka last year and I went to book a seat on a Sakura for my return to Shin Osaka some 48 hours in advance I discovered that there was only one train in a 5-hour period which still had reservations open and even that was nearly full. Admittedly that was during the daytime, hopefully evening trains aren't so busy, but I'd advise reserving well in advance.

7. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Seems I have to plan well in advance since I need to be at Chubu Centrair at 8:00 the following morning. :D Oh well, I am not a quitter so I'm prepared to sacrifice to idol gods to make this happen.

How much in advance are timetables for handshakes released?

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @Tuhis

FYI, they are doing resale for Shoot Sign right now on Chara-ani, that includes the Yukata Festival you were asking about. Resale apps started tonight.

9. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Sweet! I managed already to make an account and set it up with my tenso address.

Now: since my tenso address is in romaji and tenso asks to shop with that, and chara-ani does not accept romaji names, what can be done?

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  10. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    There are a couple of issues here...

First of all, Tenso is okay to use during the initial sale period only, since you can pay that via a credit card. However, since this is a resale, payment can only be done via COD payment, which to my knowledge Tenso does not facilitate. So for this situation, you need to come up with a different address. Tenso won't work.

However, to answer your question, Tenso gave me a Japanese address written in kanji. So you should be able to cut and paste it into the chara-ani form. Not to mention when you plug in the postal code it fills half of it out for you. As for the rest, if you can't put your name in with romaji, then you will have to translate it into katakana.

11. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    GODDAMN. Just as I got finished with all the hurdles with tenso like address verificaiton and managed to apply. :D

edit: at least I managed to cancel that one while looking for an address.

Edit2: I am trying to suppress a lot of cursing right about now.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  12. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Chara-ani accepts romaji names.
    You just have to input full-width uppercase characters.
    FULL WIDTH UPPERCASE ;)

13. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    So it seemed but I still needed the katakana version of my name below.

So any tips on reliable people willing to help a bro out with forwarding? :D

14. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

I've used this site instead of Google translate for my name to katakana.

http://www.sljfaq.org/cgi/e2k.cgi

Wish I could help... but I live in Merica...

15. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Yeah now everything seems sorted. Found a proxy from Stage48 shop area and re-applied for tickets.

Trial and error seems to work well! Now I got 2 tickets going for all Nao's sessions there and couple for Rara so I'm set! (Or at least should be. :D)

16. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    lol everyone you've been talking to mostly on this thread prolli have used my service at some point in their life.

Also I just want to throw it out there that recently event staffs have been a little more annoyed about Katakana names these days. I'd say if you can fit your FULL passport name in the spaces provided, use that instead of Katakana. To be honest, even if you can't you can just fit in what you can (eg, excluding out ur middle name). You would need to visit the information booth anyway regardless. I'm not sure how mu-mo and HKT's have been functioning but fortunemusic have been super strict about this. I have the habit of using my Katakana name from good old Chara Ani days because my full name wouldn't fit in the spaces provided. Well now with fortunemusic (NMB, Keyaki, Nogizaka, NGT) you have more than enough spaces to fill buncha roman letters. I actually have staffs at information booth ask me to start applying tickets in my full romaji, even thought I have papers with my Katakana name on it they feel like since Romaji is my legal one.

17. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Actually I did put both romaji and katakana in there. No chance of fitting my middle name in there though.

18. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Same here, I can enter my first name in Romaji and Katakana, but my middle name is far too long. However at Mumo I could fill in my whole name in Romaji

19. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Goddammit zero wins this round.

Edit:aaaand those I wanted to see most sold out. Time for priority 2.

Edit:aaaaaand once again no. This is not going my way, it seems. And everything sold out so no more rounds.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  20. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

I'd just like to thank everyone for all the info on this thread. I'm heading to the Osaka 2 shot on Saturday and this info is really helpful! If anywhere is going be there, let me know, it'd be nice to talk to someone lol!