Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Thanks. Actually, I decided to play it safe instead and applied for a ticket to see Mogi in a different slot. It's a "hiki" photo instead of my preferred "yori", but I just didn't want to risk it :^^;:

As far as I know, 2 shot events are for albums, while handshake events are for singles. So if you wait for the next single, you might not be able to do a 2 shot, just shake hands.

2. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    Every AKB single now has selfie 2 shot as one of the events, so as long your member isn't a 5-6 slot member (like Mako) you could potentially still get 2shot with her every single. Of course it's not a guarantee 2shot since you'd have to lotto again on the day of the event to see if you win.

3. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12343375831.html
    They just announced 2 AKB National HS event. First one will be in Sendai (Feb 12) and the 2nd one will be in Kobe (Feb 25).
    For the Sendai one, you'll need the limited edition of either Sukinanda or Anklet. For the Kobe one you'll need either NnM or Sukinanda. Btw, this doesn't mean Mako will be there since they haven't announced the line up, but the probability for Mako in National HS is very high

4. Butler san

Butler san Kenkyuusei

Thanks so much, I am keeping my fingers crossed for the lineup. A million thanks, brother :) have a blessed 2018 :)

5. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Has anyone ever been to those "special stages" at handshake events and could tell me how exactly they work? I've got a ticket, but is the entrance first-come-first-seved (so good to line up early) or is it some kinda lottery stuff and it doesn't matter when exactly you arrive as long as it's before the stage starts? If it's any more difficult than just lining up there as early as possible, a short guide to the process would be very welcome too :^^;:

6. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @Riina

I haven't been to the special stages for the last couple of singles, but the stages I did attend had an entrance lottery. And I asked someone who went to one of the Stages for this single, and he said they still do the lottery.

So the way it works is at the lineup time indicated on the schedule, you randomly receive a ticket with an entrance number on it. You don't necessarily have to be there right when it opens, but they let the people in a short time later (like 5-10 minutes) so if you want a chance at a good spot, you would want to get there within a few minutes to have a chance at a good spot.

7. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
  8. ant

ant Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ant38g
    its kinda a lottery i guess. they divide the audiences into blocks, you'll exchange your handshake ticket for a stage ticket, which tells you what block you will be watching from.

i think the earlier you come the better block you get though since the front center block was fuller then the rest when i went to see jurinas special stage.

9. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Thanks for your help. By the way, I'm going to see Jurina's stage too [hehe]

10. ant

ant Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ant38g
    have fun, her stages are great!
    try to sneak in a recording when she performs a song. ;)
    the worst they can do is tap ur back and tell u to stop anyways. :whistle:

11. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Hmm, to be honest, I prefer not to record during performances and enjoy the moment :blush:
    But I'm sure that if recording is allowed, one of the other fans will record :)

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I know in the past they have allowed recording of at least part of the special stages. Not sure about these...

However @ant , I would appreciate it if people would not encourage others to break the rules. It is bad form.

13. ant

ant Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ant38g
    the member performing will say if ur allowed to record or not.
    sayanee allowed fans to record when she sang on chiba hs.

xd sorry bout dat, i shall discourage illegal recordings now.

14. gakushan

gakushan Kenkyuusei

For the HS over the weekend, all stages had at least some photograph or recording time. Usually it's one song but Narumi did a pose and take photos session rather than perform.

If you can't understand Japanese when the member says you can record, you can tell when everyone is getting their phones out. Additionally, there will be guys holding signs with a symbol showing either NO phones and recording or OK to record.

btw, anybody know how far in advance National HS are announced? I'm thinking of buying some Limited Editions of 51st single and want to know if there will be enough time for me to plan a trip or if those tickets are likely to be wasted.

15. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Jurina didn't do any songs at all (her performance was watching videos and drawing, lol) and just did a pose for taking photos :^^;:

16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    It depends Sometimes they give more lead time than other times, but I don't think it is ever at the last second. So there would be sufficient time to plan a trip. Although what might be better is to plan a trip around something like the 51st single individual events, which just started their chara-ani presale. There is PLENTY of lead time to plan a trip for that. There are 6 different events from late-May to mid-August.

17. gakushan

gakushan Kenkyuusei

Yup. Checked the dates and currently working on my June 3 Yokohama schedule right now. The other dates aren't too good for me.

18. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Question: in previous events, could you matome at the 名刺お渡し会 business card lanes (non member specific, like the draftee one this single)? Was it still 3 tickets max for first 30 mins then unlimited after, like normal handshake?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  19. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    is it ok to not shake hands with the members?
    i have a hand condition and i'd rather not gross them out lol

20. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Yeah, the member will reach out with their hands to shake yours but nobody is actually going to force you to touch them, so just ignore their hands and talk to them if you don't wanna shake hands. Also, if your hand condition is one hand only, you can just use the other hand. Do note that the staff checks your hands before they let you to the members though - so if your condition looks like it could put the member at risk (such as open wounds, diseases that could be transmitted, etc.) they might not let you through to the member, and idk how helpful it would be to explain to them that you're not going to shake hands.