1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @Jurinachuu

In the case that you win, you are given a sheet where you write your name. So the member just copies what you have written. They say you are supposed to write your full given name as it appears on your ticket. However, personally I write a shortened version, and in katakana. (My full first name "Christopher" in romaji appears on the ticket. I write クリス on the sheet. Only once has a guard ever said anything about that, and had me write クリストファー instead ) You also pick an honorific (san, kun, chan, etc)

In any case, I doubt there would be any significant issue as long as you are writing your name in Japanese kana or romaji, even if it happens to be long. They give you a pretty big space to write your name.

2. Jurinachuu

Jurinachuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    It's kind of difficult..my name is not long.. it's a different kind of problem and I don't want to explain it puplicly here :oops: But thank you very much for this. :blush:

3. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    For what it's worth, I won three times and let my oshi write a card with my name in roman alphabet, one with the katakana version, and one with "DJ", from my internet nickname.
    Guards never complained, and I used DJ everywhere else too. My oshi isn't that popular though, so maybe they were being extra lenient lol
    comp.jpg

4. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    End of the day its all up to the staff. If the staff is strict, it doesnt even matter if the girl was popular or not lol. This goes the same for handshake time as well

5. Pokemon_Forever

Pokemon_Forever Kenkyuusei

6. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yes, yellow means oshimashi will likely be available. I don't know that white necessarily means a sold out slot. But I am sure even if it isn't sold out, it is close to it.

7. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    The rules seem to have changed: tickets are not pre-stamped anymore, just photo ID check in the queue when you hand over tickets.

8. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

That has always been the case for Japanese names, but are they doing that for foreign names now too?

9. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    You have a source for this, or personal experience?
    They still stamped tickets last month during both chara-ani and fortunemusic events.

The stamp isn't mandatory for foreigners anyway it just saves you from getting into a discussion with the lane's staffs.
    There are basically two points why it is desirable to get your tickets stamped.

- As a foreigner it's most likely that you identify yourself with a passport that doesn't include the adress printed on the tickets.

- The name printed onto the tickets doesn't match the one in your ID. This is especially a problem with chara-ani since the number of characters you can use is limited. Therefore some can't use their full name. Also keep in mind that there are countries that don't use JP or latin characters in their passports. Afaik you can't use these at chara-ani at all. But even fortunemusic causes problems here. I had it happen to me and also friends that they printed the furigana field on the tickets. So you now have latin characters in your passport and katakana on your tickets. *gg wp*

Whether the staff at the lane is going to cause you problems is entirely up to him and if he gave attention during his training. If he won't accept your ticket you have to go all the way to the information booth, explain the situation to them and re-queue. As a consequence you might run out of time to visit other members you have in this slot.

The stamp saves you from running into this problem. If the lane staff doesn't like your ID you just show him the stamp and in 999/1000 cases you will be fine. for the 1/1000 let them call over their supervisor. There's generally one close by, so you only lose a minute or two.

10. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Personal experience, at Nagoya Dome right now for SKE.

11. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    As long ur name matches the one on ur ID perfectly they wont hassle you these days about addresses. But if the names dont match, eg. Katakana vs romaji, it’s still better to get it done. Some lane staffs may let u pass, some may not. Last thing u want is queue for 5-10min only to find out the lane staff wants u to get ur tickets stamped.

12. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    I started the day asking for stamps but got refused. They told me photo ID in the queue is how it works.

13. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    maybe just for this event? if i'm not wrong, each event is handled by different teams and there are lots of temps, part timers so many of the information they provided is not universally true.

14. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Some time ago I discovered a webpage created and updated by a Japanese fan which lists all 48G and 46G events in the next months:

https://blog.goo.ne.jp/inocente/e/9d953c5d985be7b3e7f220048751f902

Obviously it's unofficial and not necessarily 100% accurate but it gives an idea of the many events scheduled in the coming weeks.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Perhaps this is a new policy for mu-mo, since they handle SKE. We'll see about chara-ani tomorrow. Also, HKT48's new single preorder started, and they have added the "open tickets" option. No word yet on whether they will offer the oshimashi option.

If you do the math, which I know you like to do, each of these releases has around 5-6 individual events, and various National events. The events are usually separate, although there have been the occasional "combined event" like the one in Nagoya not too long ago. Also, often the National events will be for more than one single. (i.e. the recent SKE National Event in Yokohama was for their last two singles) Also, there have been quite a few occasions lately at Makuhari Messe where more than one group has held an event, but they are in separate halls. Although there have been occasions where you can go from hall to hall directly, without exiting and going back through security.

But you can pretty much count on every weekend something going on somewhere in Japan. As for the Tokyo area, it is still most weekends.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. aspen_552001

aspen_552001 Kenkyuusei

To all my sempais here, at 2shot and hs events, any tips on getting a sure win for the ipad thingy? :p

17. ant

ant Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ant38g
    its literally random.

18. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Buy more tickets.

19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  20. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    As someone who went 0-6 on the Ipad yesterday, I can confidently say that I have no advice on how to game the system. [hehe]