1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. ant

ant Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ant38g
    but the actual secret is to always press the 3rd button. ;)

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    You can always do rituals like purifying yourself in the shrine or run around a tree three times yelling out your oshi's name or perhaps consider do a no lewd challenge a week prior to the lottery.

3. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    How did this turn out?

4. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I mentioned it in my experience post. They had the stamp line, although there was hardly anyone there.

5. aspen_552001

aspen_552001 Kenkyuusei

Thanks for all your replies, guys :)

Well, that's only a 15% chance of winning. haha.

I guess it's really random. The rest of the buttons seems to have equal chance too.

6. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    EDIT: Changed the link to the picture

Ok, this is not quite about the HS itself, but still kinda related:

I'm still not entirely familiar with the japanese trash-separation so I just wanted to ask about the right way to get rid of the CDs.
    According to the sheet I received at my place the paper inside goes into paper-trash and the CD-cases and CDs itself are burnable? The wrapping would be plastic of course

(Here's the sheet I got: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H7oxD7eLBOQXwcb7ectzTeQ3R8r8PmhF/view?usp=sharing)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  7. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    the pics cannot be opened

8. gakushan

gakushan Kenkyuusei

Planning to attend the July 22 HS for 52nd single. I've never attended a voting single handshake before but looking at the ruls, I think I may change up my strategy is a bit:

Without gimmicks, I don't think I'll try to see a girl for more than one slot. I may also cut back on girls that usually have 100 per slot gimmicks to see more senbatsu level that usually have 100 per day gimmicks. And avoid higher risk members because I won't be able to oshimashi. Finally, without special stages I may just shake and leave rather than hang around long. Unless there's some performances that I don't know about?

Do lines tend to move faster or slower than non-voting HS ones? Like is 2 members at 3 tickets each per slot still OK? Also, is the time per ticket shorter than for non-voting handshakes?

9. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Faster at first because no game/2shot/video etc, but slower when someone matome like 200 tickets at once.

10. aspen_552001

aspen_552001 Kenkyuusei

I have a friend who will be attending the hs event on 10th of June. He is very excited about it and thinks he definitely gets to do the 1S/2S with his oshi (Ota Nao) since it's printed on the tickets. I really don't have the heart to tell him that he still needs to play the iPad "game". :)

Well, maybe he gets lucky and the staff gives him an automatic win.

11. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Staff doesn't just randomly give you "automatic win". Automatic win is only for very low selling girls (I'm not sure about Ota Nao's HS sales, but I assume they're too good for automatic win). So he'll have to play the iPad game, but maybe he'll be lucky and actually win it :)

12. aspen_552001

aspen_552001 Kenkyuusei

Well, he is one lucky dude. lols. He has 5 tickets. I guess I will not ruin it for him since he thinks he guaranteed to get to take a photo with her 5 times. :)

13. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Does anyone have issues with their credit-card for the Teacher-Teacher-Single? They accepted mine (VISA) last year, but this time I always get an error that there's some mistake in my information...

14. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Have you tried switching between full or half width numbers? Or the name? Japanese sites are a huge pain and while my US and Japanese cards both work for some things (like chara-ani), sometimes one or both just won't go through with other AKB-related services. Sometimes I just have to suck it up and do a conbini payment.

15. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I'll try full width numbers I guess. If not I'll also have to use conbini. I was just not entirely sure, since in the guide for conbini it says that for Lawson and Famima I have to enter my phone number. I have a Japanese one, but I can't receive calls on it so I'm sure if that's a problem or not.

Edit: Full and Half-width numbers don't work, same with full and half-width for the Name. It's weird since the same card worked last year, but I guess I've to use conbini then

16. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    As far as I know they don't call it - just match it to the phone number on the account. You could always do COD, too. The payment processing in Japan can be pretty frustrating - I gave up trying to sign up for STU Mobile because no matter what I tried I couldn't get the web form to accept my info.

17. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I see. Yeah, the payment is annoying. mu-mo works fine, same for the AKB-Shop and SKE-Mobile. God knows why not chara-ani

18. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Amex worked fine. Also chara-ani site was smart enough to have just one field for name so middle initial on card was no problem. I did not need to change the keyboard settings either, Finnish kb was ok.

19. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

A few of my friend and myself had the same problem too.
    I tried my visa and it kept giving me this error message. Amex worked fine though.
    One person I know also had problem with her JCB card too.
    So far i haven't heard anyone (foreigner fans) had a success with visa.

EDIT: btw, anyone ever tried discover card? I read on discover's website that it's equivalent to JCB in japan.

EDIT: nvm, discover failed. Both canadian/american visa failed lol

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  20. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    I think there is something about Amex’s network and not being issued by various banks that makes it work well. Amex works with mu-mo too.