1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. bankudonku

bankudonku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakura, Miipan, Ashurin
    Trying my luck at the 54th HS event next March. I do have an Amex to use for paying on chara-ani but it sounds like it may or may not work. In the event that I do end up winning a lottery but am unable to pay for the albums, is there any sort of repercussion? Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  2. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    There are people on this board who can pay at conbini in Japan for you if you send them money.

I'm sure the repercussions for failure to pay is that your chara-ani account gets banned. Not sure if they'll do it after one time or not, but I know people who fail to pay for performance tickets are banned.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Assuming I can go to handshake event next weekend, I can still buy HS?

4. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    14th October is National HS (Zenkoku... / 全国...). They'll accept Event tickets from "Teacher, Teacher" and "Sentimental Train".
    http://akb.kingrecords.co.jp/handshake/nationwide/002714.html
    The Event tickets are bundled with the Limited Edition CDs. You should be able to get these at well sorted record stores and the venue itself. Furthermore you can buy individual tickets at ticket stores.

21st October is Individual HS (大握手会) for "Teacher Teacher". For this you would have needed to apply for theatre version CDs. General application period for this is long over. The latest resale round finished ~1(?) week ago. Currently they are taking applications for "NO WAY MAN" and with the event only 1,5 weeks away there literally is no way (see what i did there ^^ ) that they'll open another "Teacher Teacher" resale round in the meantime.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    OK. I just planned to go to Japan next summer. Late July or early August. Actually I'm gonna see my favorite football team to have preseason there but I'm also gonna a HS/2S event nearby and even also Fuji Rock Festival (an international music festival in Niigata) if the line up makes me want to watch, so I can go there in a single trip.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    You might want to buy the No Way Man theater edition then. They have HS events until summer. Let me know if you need help to pay it at konbini in Japan.

7. Ookamikun

Ookamikun Kenkyuusei

If hrs0722 wants to go in July or August I would wait for the next single. No way man's latest hs date is 6th of May.

8. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    There are no HS events currently scheduled for Feb or April, right? Isn't that unusual? The last few singles usually have had at least one event a month.

9. Matto

Matto Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    NMB has events in February for Boku Datte Naichau Yo.

I suspect April will be full of 2-shot events for the inevitable album and it’s possible February may have a 2-shot event as well.

10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Maybe 56th single that would be for sousenkyo so I can have both of vote & handshake.

BTW, when will I go to Japan depends to when will FC Barcelona go there. Preseason should be late July or early August. Meanwhile Fuji Rock Festival is in late July and maybe what I'm gonna watch isn't Fuji Rock Festival but Summersonic in Tokyo & Osaka. If among the line up there's Muse, I'd like to attend the gig. The British rock trio will release a new album next month followed by a tour next year.

Well, I got a chance to go to Japan to see my favorite idols, football team, & rock band in a single trip!

11. magebamii

magebamii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Hello, I'm new here!
    I would like to ask about the National handshake event which can be enter from the limited cd purchase, is it possible for someone who doesn't know any (or just very little) to enter the event?
    I've just joined the fandom from Produce48 and want to go there.
    (And has the schedule for national handshake for NO WAY MAN arrived? how can I know the date, venue and members that will participated? So,I can booked my flight to japan.)
    I'm trying to find some information about the national handshake but there's so little of information written in English. Most of them are the individual handshake events.

I'm really appreciate for your answer and thank you in advance for the answers.

12. Matto

Matto Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    Hi,

Right now the only known national handshake events are for Teacher Teacher and Sentimental Train. The tickets that come with the limited editions of either of those singles will allow you to enter the event. The information for these events can be found here:

http://akb.kingrecords.co.jp/akusyu-schedule.html

NO WAY MAN won't be announced until some time after it releases. Usually they aren't announced that far in advance. The participating members are usually not announced until a week if not days before the event.

For future reference, Googling "AKB48 全国握手会" and going to the first or second link will usually lead you in the right direction.

• Like Like x 1
  13. magebamii

magebamii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Thank you very much for the information!! Still, I would like to know if a pure foreign fan can survive in the event? Actually, I've been to Japan several times and I have some problems since I can't neither understand nor speaking any Japanese. I'm afraid that at the venue, everything will showed and announced in Japanese and I will miss it (Since Japanese has their own style by written Katakana instead of English alphabet, so there're less chance for me to know what they want to communicate or announce)

BTW, Thank you very much for the previous answer, I'll try to use google translate to see if there's a schedule coming after purchasing the limited type CD.

14. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Foreign fans can attend. Knowing Japanese helps, but you can go without any Japanese ability. Yes, most everything will be Japanese only so you'll need to research the procedure ahead of time.

15. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    You will survive, don't worry. The first event I attended was also Zenkoku HS. And at that time I have no idea whatsoever about japanese language.

The key is, just follow the crowd. To enter you just need to bring at least 1 sheet of ticket from the limited edition version. If you have more than 1, at the gate you will be asked how many you want to exchange for first session ticket. You can go all in, or save some for the more "individual" session afterwards. If you have one or two members in mind you really like to do HS with personally, I suggest to spare at least 2. As the regular one, most likely your oshimen will share a box with 1 or 2 other members except she is Yukirin-level popular. You will also get a ticket designating which standing area/seat you will have for the mini concert.

Just go in through security (if you bring drink you will be asked to sip it at least once, and open any umbrella), find your seat/standing area (ask direction with hand gesture as necessary, just point to your ticket and say "kore wa doko desuka?"), and enjoy the mini concert (don't come late or you will miss it).
    After the mini concert, you will see people lining up in front of HS booth, find where your oshimen is, and line up there.

In front of the booth you will be asked to put all your belongings in a basket. And show both of your hands to the officer who are there to make sure you don't have anything dangerous, then meet the members. If you don't look like Japanese, the members usually have their own reaction. Surefire way to bring their attention is saying where you come from and praising them " (country name) kara kimashita, (member's name) ga daisuki/totemo kirei na." Trust me, by the end of that sentence/the reply from the member you will be ushered to the next member. Just repeat it until you go out of the box. Usually the first time you will just transformed into a stone there and cannot say anything properly :D in that case, just smile to them.

If you still have some tickets left (the square one, not the long one, you will know what I mean once you have it). At the end there will be another line to do individual HS. Find your oshimen's name and line up there. If you want to do HS with several members, first go to the not that popular ones. As they will finish their queue relatively fast and you will still have time to queue in other lane. But I suggest to spend all on one member you really like. One ticket is for 7-10 seconds.

You can buy some merchandise in the shop section. Some are overpriced, but several things just cannot be valued by money and you will still buy it [hehe] especially your oshimen's birthday shirt or official light stick if it is on sale.

After all that, you can go home with some pleasured feeling because you just talked personally with an artist you really like. And...you will crave for more. Heck, even after you go out of the booth you already crave for more :hehe:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @magebamii Likewise the first event I attended was also a Zenkoku HS (although just an NMB48-only one) and I survived fine. As long as you follow the simple routine in front of the booth as described by @SunnyHighland in the post above you'll have no problems. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the greetings you'll receive from the members (at least one will probably say something in English like 'I love you' :D), it really is a unique experience! I always leave such events on a big high and and I'm sure you'll be back for more sometime in the future.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    This is the truth. So far I haven’t felt after HS event that I bought enough tickets.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Ysk

Ysk Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Hi guys, I would like to see Miyu in the handshake event on 23rd Dec, however I could not find any information on the event on the ani chara site.
    Does anyone have any information on the handshake event and how can I get the tickets.

19. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    @Ysk If I remember it right, the event on 23/12 is for Sentimental Train. So the ticket application period has long passed already.
    However, as they are still yet to release the "with Jurina version" of the single, keep an eye on it. As most likely there will be resale rounds once Jurina is fully recovered. One thing to note though, for resale rounds the payment system need to be Cash on Delivery. Let me know if you need help, or head to the shop section to see some proxy payment service to get theater version of the CD.

If you by chance can be in Osaka around 2 weeks after that, there is a HS event in Osaka for No Way Man, which will open its first resale round most likely next week. If you come from overseas, you can buy JR pass and going between Tokyo and Osaka will not be a major problem.

20. Ysk

Ysk Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Thanks for your help. I would like confirm if the venue for the HS event is in Tokyo?

Unfortunately, I'm unable to attend the HS event for No Way Man....