1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Chara-ani seem to charge shipping more than once for larger orders. In my experience they seem to ship the CDs in boxes with a maximum quantity of 20 disks and to charge shipping for each if there's more than one. I've also ordered 40 so I'm expecting my order to be shipped in 2 boxes of 20 disks each and to be charged twice. However I don't think I've ever seen this rule stated anywhere on their website so perhaps it might vary sometimes?

(and to confirm what @Puni said, I've never had any problems paying with my Amex card.)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I shipping rules are a little more complicated, it depends not only on how many CDs, buy how many different member/slots ordered. So depending on how many CDs you purchased per member in each slot can determine how many go in one box. It can conceivably be more than 20. That said, for @TiduShoko it will probably be no more than two boxes (it could even be one box) and each box costs around 700 yen for shipping. So no more than 1400 yen.

3. TiduShoko

TiduShoko Member

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    TiduAura
    Thank you for your answers!
    It seems eight round (the last round) will end in February 18th. Do you know when I'll have to pay? How long is the deadline to pay?
    Unfortunately I don't have an Amex card. I thought VISA Credit Card would work too...
    I wonder what I have to do if I can't pay with my credit card.. I'll use Sakuraism proxy service to send my HS tickets from Japan to Spain but I don't know about combini...

I'm a noob with paypal and I don't know how to use it properly. I mean, right now I have 0 euros in my paypal, and if I try to send money outside EU for example 2,2 € I have to pay 4,4 € (the double, wtf). If I put money on paypal and then pay It will change or not? I'm worried because I can't afford to pay the double amount of HS tickets I applied for..

Thank you in advance!

4. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    As far as I can remember the window for payment opens quite soon after the final round finishes, maybe 24 hours later? I've just found the payment request email which Chara-ani sent me last time, it had the subject line "AKB48劇場盤申込み お支払いの準備が整いました" and it said that I had 4 days to pay. I can't remember anyone here saying that they had problems in using any international credit cards which would presumably include VISA.

I've used Sakuraism a few times to make proxy payments for concert tickets at combini on my behalf. I've also used PayPal to pay him for a COD delivery of additional tickets which I ordered in a resale round last year. I've found that payment to him and I only had to pay a fee of 0.31 GBP by using a debit card which I have linked to my PayPal account. I've also got a credit card linked but charges are generally a little higher for using it.

5. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
  6. TiduShoko

TiduShoko Member

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    TiduAura
    Hello :)I have two good news! (They opened the payment period after 3 hours of last round jaja)
    1. I was only charged a 702 yen package and I have 40 CDs. At least I saved 702 yen haha
    2. I was able to play with my VISA foreign credit card. So we can say that it's safe to pay with a foreign card unless they later decide to block it again.
    There is still a lot of time left until the date of the handshake event (August 11th) but I'm very excited!
    If someone goes I hope we can see each other: D I want to meet many AKB48 fans!

• Winner Winner x 3
  7. sashisuseso

sashisuseso Kenkyuusei

Is the application for the 55th single handshake event for 29-30th April over? Total noob on handshake events, for some reason I though a normal CD from any store would have a handshake ticket

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

8. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    The applications at chara-ani are over but resales might be your ticket.

9. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
  10. sashisuseso

sashisuseso Kenkyuusei

Oh so those limited edition tickets are for a different set of handshake event. Sadly I won't be in Japan for those dates

11. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @sashisuseso FYI, resale rounds have started for the new single on the chara-ani website. That includes the April dates. Keep in mind, the CDs can only be paid via COD, so be sure wherever you have them sent can handle COD.

12. sashisuseso

sashisuseso Kenkyuusei

Do you have any recommendations on proxy services that do COD?

13. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
  14. Vazthespaz

Vazthespaz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    chibaerii
    Hello everyone!
    I'm sorry for these questions as I've been trying to figure out everything by reading previous posts but some of it is information overload.
    I'm also extremely new to all this handshake event items from the chara website vs limited edition CDs for national events. (This is my very first time attempting to try to go)

Q1) My parents old friend from Japan hasnt contacted them yet so I'm unsure if I'll be able to get a Japanese address to sign up. But I do want to go to the 5/3 event or the June events.
    Q2) Is it already too late? Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Should not be too late now that resales are up but the your parents' old friend needs to sort out CoD for the CDs.

16. Vazthespaz

Vazthespaz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    chibaerii
    So if I cant get a hold of this person I'm pretty much out of luck ya?

17. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @Vazthespaz

Which events are on May 3rd and in June? Are these Zenkoku events?

EDIT: The May event is part of the current resale, but yes, you will need a place to send the CDs that can pay for a COD. Still not sure which events are in June

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  18. Vazthespaz

Vazthespaz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    chibaerii
    Is it okay to show images of the page? But I'm sure I found out the info on Twitter saying "resale first deadline, Tuesday Feb 26th 13:00"

19. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    sure, you can show the picture. But if it is of the front page of chara-ani, we can already see that, and the dates of the events are in April, May, and August.

I guess we should also note that there are National handshake events in Hokkaido and Hiroshima in May, and those tickets are a lot easier to obtain.

20. Vazthespaz

Vazthespaz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    chibaerii
    Also I was tripping on the whole June bit. It was August.

(photos too big, deleted)