1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

HAHAHAHAH... I hadn't had a good laugh reading a stage post in a while... thanks @Sakuraism

2. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    First, set up an account here: http://akb48.chara-ani.com/
    I believe a guide is on the first page of this thread. There's also one on the AIDOL site.
    At the moment, there's nothing going on except a resale round for the Green Flash handshake events, none of which seem to be in May.

Also, check out: http://www.akb48.co.jp/
    Have a look at the Schedule page. There are photo events in May but I think the application periods for those are over.

3. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I'm going on the event at may 17th at Nagoya port.

4. SunnySK42

SunnySK42 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    Just to chime in on the resale rounds, it's absolutely possible that there'll still be one more for Rhodes. Last year I decided to go to a Tsugi no Ashiato event at the very last minute when they had another resale in March- two months after the album release. Most singles seem to have a 2nd later resale round too, often after the first event. I attended a couple events with tickets from only these late resale rounds last year- but honestly, it really only works if you're going for members who you know won't sell out, since it's one round only and popular members will definitely be booked already. But anyway, I really wouldn't be surprised if there was another one for Rhodes, since there're still so many members who haven't sold out (http://www.kingrecords.co.jp/cs/pages/6th-album-member.aspx). Obviously I can't say anything for sure but if someone's looking to go to that event I'd definitely advise staying on the lookout.

@chewybacca I'm attending the event on 5/17. Also, they're doing a 4th sales round starting in about an hour, so there's still a chance to go! SKE does their sales rounds a little differently, I think you can keep buying copies for members who haven't sold out any time up until close to the event dates actually.

5. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    Oh, nah, I am actually going, albeit 5/31 and 6/14. Booked in tickets since round 1.

Keep me and the rest of us posted as to your experiences.

6. SunnySK42

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    ^Oh no sorry I figured that you were going! I meant for anyone else who was still thinking about it that it wasn't totally over yet. I know that there are a number of people going to the AKB events a couple weeks before so I thought people might be interested. I also applied from the first round and thought that I was done, but I ended up applying for a few more handshakes this round :^^;:

7. Super_Luigi

Super_Luigi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I want to apply for multiple Mocchi handshake tickets in this third round, and I know how if you apply for multiple tickets in the same slot at once, you either win all of them or none of them. But can you apply for one at a time and make it so that each ticket goes through the lottery separately, effectively removing the all-or-nothing-ness? I know you can't do that in the first two rounds since only the first application is accepted, but can you do so in rounds multiple applications are accepted?

8. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    @Super_Luigi Yes, because that's how it always been done once they open up for multiple applications.

9. eiennoyorokobi

eiennoyorokobi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Twitter:
    mujakigenki
    I was too slow on the uptake for the Makuhari Messe theater edition handshake. Are the tickets that come with the limited editions for the same event?

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    No, the tickets in the limited editions are for the National Handshake events. Not the individual events.

11. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Buy an AKB48 single theater version from Chara and you'll get to chose all the girls from each group

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @eiennoyorokobi

What Wil said is true. The chara-ani sale for the upcoming single is still going on. What do you mean you were "too slow on the uptake"?

@rka Individual events for AKB48 releases usually have all members of all groups present. They did it slightly different for Green Flash, where each group did not participate in one of the seven events. But yes, it is highly probably you would be able to see every member you like at one AKB event.

Yes, the sister groups have their own individual handshake events.

13. eiennoyorokobi

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Twitter:
    mujakigenki
    It seemed like Sae was sold out. It said 売れ切り next to her name.

14. eiennoyorokobi

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Twitter:
    mujakigenki
    In any event, I may be in Japan for one of the Coquettish Juutai Chuu handshake events and I'm thinking of applying. Does anyone have experience with how many CDs to apply for in a slot to have a decent chance of getting tickets without accidentally ending up hundreds of dollars poorer?

15. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Pretty sure you are too late to get tickets for that single. You usually need to apply before the single is released. Never tried for an SKE48 event, so I'd defer to someone who has.

But for AKB48, the majority of the sales happen prior to the single release. There are sometimes resale rounds after the release, but for AKB48 these are COD only, and require someone (not a deputy service) who can receive and pay for them.

16. eiennoyorokobi

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Twitter:
    mujakigenki
    No, they're definitely still selling on mu-mo.

17. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Easy answer. Don't apply for more than you are willing to pay for.

18. SunnySK42

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    Yep, they're still selling them on mu-mo. They continue to sell SKE CDs/tickets up until closer to the events; after the first few application rounds they open it up to regular sale. So the ones that they're selling now aren't for a lottery, they're available to straight-up buy right away. That means that some of the members have already totally sold out, but for the rest you can just choose the exact number of tickets that you want.

19. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yep, i fact I guess I shoud thank @eiennoyorokobi for reminding me. Since Wasamin's release event doesn't start until the afternoon on the 29th I am able to squeeze in a few tickets in Slots 1-2. Unfortunately most of my favorite SKE members are scheduled only in the afternoon. I got Kaotan, Yumana, Koishi, and Neymar.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  20. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    That's why I was hoping a couple SKE48 experts would weigh in. It is very different from Chara-Ani once I figured out the site (which is very confusing on a Smartphone)

And lol, I think I'm getting some tickets myself. Need to wish Anna a Happy Birthday.