1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Bad habits

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by hanabi, Sep 5, 2007.

1. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I drink way too much Dr. Pepper.:^^;:

Like absurd amounts. Easily 3-4 liters a day. If there is not a 1 liter bottle next to me, it is because it is in my hand. Even if I have other drinks there is that 1 liter sitting right next to it.

2. kinakomochi

kinakomochi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Lots of mine are due to my ASD; most are social... here are the weirdest ones:

-- despite being 6'0", not hideous and loving to do cool things... my relationships are very few as I tend to duck out of social mixers (even my own birthday parties once or twice), as being around a lot of people I don't know well, is like making me hold my breath. My fiancee met me at one and for some reason sought me out and found me when I disappeared... and we talked about it for hours after everyone left -- which led to my diagnosis about a year later. She's a keeper. :oops::cold: ... :blush::^^;:

-- something really weird to others, esp those I just met: another very odd effect of my ASD (and possibly other disorders stemming from it) is that I tend to subconsciously mirror people's accents back to them after only a few seconds of hearing them speak (related to echolalia). Shel says I don't even realize when I do it, as my brain thinks I'm still using my everyday voice -- highly embarrassing. :shocku: Having lived in Europe, Japan, Hawaii, the East Coast, South, Southwest and PNW plus serving in the Army, I've apparently heard and subconsciously catalogued hundreds of accents... those that are amused tell me they're nearly perfect to boot...?!? Wish I could be aware when it happens -- I do like hearing thick accents like Edinburgh Scottish or Bavarian German. :blink::^^;:

-- when taking a shower in a tub with a shower curtain... I have to dampen the tub behind the curtain and the walls on both ends with a spray water bottle, then stick the curtain to it as a seal, boxing the corners, so that the heat/steam collects and stays in the shower area and not on my mirror (this is a habit adapted from when I lived in a house with crappy insulation in WA, to prevent the water heater from sending my electric bill into the stratosphere. It does help use less hot water and prevents drafts... but it drives my fiancee nuts when we want to shower together. :^^;::shifty:

-- when I drive (like when I ride a motorcycle), I'm totally focused on that task -- to the point where you have to touch me to snap me out of that mode. Shel's compromised by flicking my junk when she's talking to me in the car and I drift off into that mode... sometimes I even do it when I'm a passenger and she's driving! [this is shel - he does it even more when im drving, fartface :shifty:] :^^;:

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  3. NMBeauties

NMBeauties Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    cheekynamba
    I bite my nails O_O
    They look horrible the most of the time, my mom says its anxiety but yeah, I can't stop myself, even if I paint them ;_;

4. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I drink a lot of water
    2-3 liters a day

5. kinakomochi

Don't think that's a bad habit...? I tell my clients to drink that much after getting bodywork -- the depth loosens all kinds of crap from the stiff tissue, so they have to filter the crap out through their kidneys, which need water to do it. But if you're petite (<~90 lbs / 5' 0" height), then that much water can wash vits/min'ls and electrolytes out of your system, and that's bad. ;)

6. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    @kinakomochi I'm actually pretty short ^_^'' and yeah on really bad days I drink double...

7. kinakomochi

Be careful -- water poisoning can cause brain swelling if you don't get that under control. Symptoms can be irritability and confusion, plus weakness, even thirst. I'd go see a doctor if I were you... :shocku:

EDIT: provided you're not sweating it out with exercise. Then six liters can be normal. But without vigorous exertion and perspiration... do seek help.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  8. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

Isn't about 2 litres the recommended amount you should drink? Drinking 3 doesn't sound alarming to me. When I google the recommended amount, a lot of discussions come up about people who deliberately try to drink 3 litres a day to experience certain benefits.

I believe I'm a heavy water drinker myself, I always need to have a bottle near, but I've never kept track of how much I actually drink.:p

9. kinakomochi

Hi Mimi! Love your posts... anyway, I'm a deep-tissue bodyworker by trade, so basic medical training is part of my qualifications but am also in continual education to learn more about esp danger signs for clients on my table.

My warning was after she mentioned she has days when she drinks twice that. That is, 6 liters a day -- for someone short of athletic training, that is far too much water -- and she can correct me if this is a bad assumption... but on her bad days, she *still* craves water even at the 6-liter level.

The danger with water poisoning, is the cerebral edema (swelling of the brain) due to low electrolytes there, and the fact that after a certain point, you crave even more water through a strange thirst. So without education about this condition, she could be just obey her thirst, when her body is actually dangerously overhydrated. That's where the doc's visit comes in, to check her serum levels of electrolytes -- too much water flushes vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes out through your urine. Plain water acts a a cleanser for the body; put anything in it, and the body processes it like food.

Being an ASD sufferer I know what it's like to adopt compulsive habits that must be done to satisfy a sense of order, a 'comfortable place' where sometimes you can endanger your health if you're not careful; just trying to make KF4L aware of the condition from a healthcare pro's POV, so she can make a decision about it, up to and including help for compulsive traits if need be. ;)

EDIT: Mimi, 3L/day is fine for someone under 120 lbs/55kg w/o vigorous exertion, more if so. Around 4L/day is a bit much for anyone sedentary over 120 lbs/55kg (I don't drink 1gal/4L per day, more like 3.5L a day, and I'm well-hydrated @ 186cm tall / 82kg).

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  10. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Sleeping for 12 hours. I'm an oversleeper.

11. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I mess around with my hair and give myself too many split ends. I've been doing it less and less now, but I still do it unconsciously when I am thinking deeply about something.

12. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    I check S48 at work.
    And charge my phone and mp3s at my desk.

Which I am sure is bad but it's a routine now so I think nothing of it.

I also switch between fizzy drinks and then binge. For 14 months it was Pepsi Max. A bottle a day minimum, sometimes more.
    Then it was Red Bull. Can a day, sometimes two or three when I felt ugh.
    Now... it's both. This is a problem. ¬¬

13. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I rip my fingernails

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk