1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Battle Arena

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by junjou19, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Well, it seems like us hot-headed fans are willing to infiltrate any thread to defend our girls, me included, so I thought it might possibly be appreciated to set up a thread for that very purpose. Well, maybe i'm the only one who thinks so, but it feels like sometimes people start threads hoping for it to not turn into a "why won't you like my Oshi battle" and then it turns into that anyway. I hope this thread becomes useful to everyone.

2. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

I guess this will start fights, however I think it's a good way to let your steam out in just one thread instead of the whole forum, that was the aim right?

3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    So essentially this is supposed to be S48's "Thunderdome"?

I have a feeling this won't end well. [hehe]

4. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

*Grabs popcorn*

And... GO! :popcorn:

5. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

So which idol will be first to be defended by their hardcore fans? :D

6. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Yeah, exactly. This way we might not have to turn every thread into "why won't you like my Oshi, b*tch!"

Allow my to start us off:

Mayu is not a good center, I don't know why so many people think she's the best and i'm dreading this years election. Shots fired.

7. junjou19

junjou19 Member

[clap]

8. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Well I don't think she's the worst but I do think she's way overrated. I think it's because she has that 'cute idol' pin up look, but I don't think she has that much talent and work ethic compared to so many other girls.

9. junjou19

junjou19 Member

^ yeah same. She just sort of expects to be made center without having to work for it because she's cute.

10. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

^Yes that's true and her fans are expecting it aswell, especially since Yuko will not be there and they think Sasshi and Yukirin will be a push over when really it could be anyone of their title.
    Also Paruru is hated because people don't think she has much emotions on her, yet isn't Mayuyu similar in that respect? Yes she's pretty and cute and probably does look like an idol, but there are so many other girls who I think deserve to be up there, that's why I think she's overrated for the kind of idol she is when other amazing idols should be up there.

11. junjou19

junjou19 Member

~ somehow, its just the two of us agreeing when this was supposed to be a battle [hehe]
    I think someone like Yui would be the best center...

12. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

^I wonder where those Mayuyu fans are? :D You'll have to change the title to 'Let's all pick on Mayuyu Arena' lol which is not really fair on Mayuyu, but fans are meant to stick up for their own so I think they will come sooner or later.
    Oh how I would love Yui to be a center to a major single one day.
    The thing is about being a Takamina or Yui fan is that you don't expect them to be a center, at least not anytime soon anyway (although I think Takamina deserves a shot at it sooner or later), but with Mayuyu fans, they are expecting it and don't get me wrong it could very well happen, but what will happen if she doesn't win? There will be ultimate hatred on the girl who does win no doubt about it.

13. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I agree with this point. (especially that some that hates paruru because of the reason is Mayuyu fans)

Before elaborating on why I agree with the point, I would like to highlight Mayuyu isnt bad as front girls, but not really suitable as a center. [think] [think] . Many people says she has matured after she was placed in team A, which is undeniable. But I still dont think she is versatile enough to be center. (I cant definitely picture her centering cool single). Mayuyu dance skill is not amazing either, and of course not bad.

Paruru was said to have lack of emotion. But why isnt paruru hater criticizing mayu too? She has been having the same smile in every song that she was in. Other than that smile, she didnt really have much expressions either. (and something is bothering about her smile. it looks like forced sometimes)

Even if you argue that versatility is irrelevant, idols like Mayuyu are abundant. You can see similiar types in almost every group IMO.
    But someone who are like Paruru is rare in idol groups now. Her dance might be bad. But if she is geared to polish her dance, yet maintain her saltiness, it will be a good asset to akb. with unique center, akb will be more distinguishable to public (other than the large amount of members) and public will have more interest in akb,. Thats just if. That doesnt mean Paruru has to be center. (I am just giving example). But Mayuyu is different. If she was put as a center, it will be just like every idol group. another group with all-cute, all-idolish center. Not as interesting.

iBesides the name mentioned above (Yui,etc), I think Sayanee is also a very versatile center. if only she is full akb member haha

14. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Thank you. I've been looking for sensible people like you two. What you say actually makes sense instead of the "Mayu is perfect" sentiment that seems to be everywhere [wonder]

15. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

^Yes that's exactly what I think, Mayuyu looks like she's forced to perform and looks like she doesn't enjoy what she does.
    And again I agree she's not really a unique idol as there are others like her in other groups.
    Also with that mechaike sports festival the girls done, when Mayuyu pulled off that act with that guy, I applaud her for trying her best and to be fair it did go smoothly, but I didn't really feel anything from her even when she was supposed to be angry, it was good but was also weird.

16. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Haha same here, I lietrally thought I was the only person who didn't like her but it's good to find people who are in the same boat and it's not like we dislike or hate her for no reason either.

17. pupu

pupu Kenkyuusei

I'd really like to know what people see in Maeda Mitsuki. She isn't only awkward looking whole the time, but doesn't seem to have well-established personality or selling points even. What's her charm? That she is a sweet girl that people pity or what? It's not like I think that she's disgusting or anything though. It's just that there seems to be nothing in her, some girls have a boring and blank personality with no skills but at least they have a pretty face.

18. junjou19

junjou19 Member

@FOAKB48 yeah, really. I'm just so used to being hated on because I don't like Mayu :^^;:

@pupu
    Don't know much about Mitsuki but perhaps its because her name is Maeda [hehe]

19. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Sorry, I don't know much about her so can't really comment.

@WingsofAngels48: Maybe we could gather our own group who dislike or hate Mayuyu lol

20. junjou19

junjou19 Member

@FOAKB yes we'll just be on our own little island while we're shunned by the rest of our poor misguided fandom [hehe]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.