1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

BATTLE ARENA

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by junjou19, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    Solution: Scrap the old songs, write new ones. These songs you listed are getting overused anyway.

You mean pretty, kind and funny girls? I can agree with that.

2. purmion

purmion Kenkyuusei

Sorry for late reply, for some reason I hadn't seen your post.

That would be much appreciated. I only care about her as the kks leader like you probably could guess from my post (it's just that I'm not too happy of my kamioshi having one of the girls I'm the least fond of in the 48G as her "captain"). Promoting the kks in her sousenkyo speech and featuring them in her g+ videos are the things I'm aware of for now, so feel free to tell as much as you know. And thank you, it's nice that even some people are willing to actually try to change people's mind instead of poor bashing.

3. notsolittlej

notsolittlej Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    qurlsday
    @MocchiMooch

I disagree. I think the new generation has lots of different girls with lots of different images from one another. They have members that are talented in variety, other that are good at singing, others at dancing, others that are good at everything (coughTanoYuukacough), others are more reserved while others more outgoing, the are bubbly girls and serious girls, cute girls and pretty girls and less attractive ones too etc. I don't really see how they are lacking compared to the old gens. They just need a little bit more experience and time (and most importantly spotlight) to establish their individual images.

As for the songs you mentioned the answer to all of these is Tanochan :) I can especially say that for a a fact for Itoshisa no Accel because she has performed it already and slayed.

And lol I can definitely imagine Itoshiki Rival and Team K without Sayanee and Jurina. In fact, I actually wish they weren't there.

And how is Mikichan "copying" Mayuyu? I don't see it.

4. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    @Mocchi: I pretty much disagree with everything you said. The new gen girls don't fit the old songs because those were designed for the old gen girls. Not to mention that every girl has their own way of performing. They should never be forced to perform in the same way as their seniors. Omoide Ijou is different when being performed by Jurina, Kumachan or Ryoha and that's a good thing.
    Everyone should stop comparing the NG with the OG. There are not too many different kinds of personality, so it's expected that the NG would have similar characters with the OG. It's not their fault that they were not born sooner than the OG.
    Lastly, if you find them all too similar, you're probably not putting enough effort into knowing them. Watch more LOD and more of their shows and you'll fall in love with Yuiri.

5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@MocchiMooch How is Miki copying Mayuyu though? I still don't get the comparison between these two. if anything, when Miki was KKS, maybe some people find them alike. but now? We know so much more about Miki, and she's nothing like Mayuyu, be it looks/image/personnality/how she performs.

Besides, for a girl who debuted 2 years ago, and started to get activities around a year ago, Miki is so good. I love old gens myself and they're the ones who made me fan of AKB. but take Acchan or Yuko when 13 (Yuko wasn't even in AKB but still, imagine), wait until they're 14, put them in Tv shows, and see how they do. I'm just saying, it took time for old gens to become the funny girls, great performers that we all know. If you compare, girls like Miki are doing well and very fast. Just watch the latest Tentoumu Chu! Tv show and tell me that Miki, Naachan, Mako aren't great. Even for Tv performances, they have little experience, but what we saw from them is good. New gens also have pressure to live up to expectation of being in the national top girl group. That's why they work hard to improve even faster, they don't just improve at their own pace like old gens did. Old gens had to work hard to make AKB a top girl group, this is definitely true (and they did work hard). but new gens have to work almost as hard to keep the group at the "top".

Another example, Owada Nana. She's still new and only debuted a year ago, and 4 months after debut, she got to be center of a b-side song in AKB's single, in a song that had all old gens (including Yuko, Takamina etc). Yet, she did great in the Pv, she didn't seem "out of place" with the rest. Even for someone with no experience and who's 14, she could do that. Of course if they gave her this center song when she was 16, with 2+ years experience, she could do a lot better. But considering she joined 4 months earlier, she looked pretty confident and handle the choreo for that song (that even AKB old gens like MaYuki said that the beginning of the dance for that song is not easy to do). Btw, the song I'm talking about is Party is Over.

If you like Sayaka-type of girls, there is. Girls who are more focused on performance and personnality. Tano Yuka, Oshima Ryoka, Mogi Shinobu... Clearly they aren't same as Sayaka, but every person is different. You won't get another Acchan, Yuko, Sayaka, but you can find the same "type" of girls. Learn to accept that they won't be the same as old gens, and give a chance to new gens, you might end up loving them too, maybe as much as old gens...

and last, for the songs, obviously we're all used to original performers (and Aki-P probably gave/wrote the songs while thinking of the original performers) so it's hard to forget about it. This is exactly why it's time to have new stages, new songs, made especially for the new gens. Even so, I still think that most new gens do a good job at performing old gen songs. It's maybe not as good as original (this is hard to do) but it is good.

6. yamiperv

yamiperv Kenkyuusei

People who recently joined AKB wouldn't know much about the old generation anyway, so its common for them to not like the old gen or to find them talent-less... new gen ain't better than old gen in anyway, they are different, that's it.... feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

before anyone tell me to go spend more time on the new gen and understand them, no thank you, I don't want to nor would I ever want to.
    I like my old gen just fine, and I don't mind living in the past at all.
    I do know Tano Yuka, and I actually like her, but I think that is it. I don't think I know any other 'new gen'

7. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Without taking a side in this - because nooooooooope, not jumping in that minefield - I just want to point out that new gen are held to much higher standards than old gen. Because the group is already at a peak point, younger girls cannot be afforded the luxury of having as much time to refine themselves. This sets the bar higher going in, but does not mean that all of the new gen by default are better or will be better than the old gen at the height of their respective careers.

8. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    This is quite a wrong statement. A new fan would start with something like documentaries, old AKBingo episode, previous elections, the stuff about the history of the group. I very doubt any new fan would want to watch team 4 LOD, tentoumu chu's show or nemousu TV when he or she is introduced to the group. So, new fans would first know more about OG than NG and then, it's up to them to stick with the past or to say hello to the new generations.
    No one is telling you to know more about new gen. You can enjoy the group however you want. The "spending more time" thing is for people who want to learn about NG but find them all the same.

9. yamiperv

yamiperv Kenkyuusei

I don't disagree that, that was how I started out too, but the thing is... I've always known Takahashi Minami (OG) and have always connected with her because of Mendol. Even if I've joined the fandom late (which I did), I know someone of the OG and that somewhat affects my liking towards OG instead of ng. First impression is always everything, isn't it? So those who are more exposed to ng, even if they went back to watch the OG, that wouldn't really change their mind...
    Then there are old fans who are okay with AKB changing, and hey, thats cool. Though, to say ng is better than OG is quite rude... Everyone has their own opinion, sure I respect that, but to put down one generation over the other is just.. blah...

Also, no one is telling me to do anything is because I stated before hand that they shouldn't. If I don't say that, the next person who quote me would say "maybe you should try and watch more ng stuff and learn more about them..." I've seen that way too many times, I don't need someone to repeat it to me because I don't really care about the ng.

10. junjou19

junjou19 Member

It's interesting; everyone is so excited for NG and so eager to get out of the past, and yet the top three are all OG...
    Really I think that the Top three really make a difference and are sort of the face of that gen. I'd say for OG it's Acchan, Takamina, and Yuko and for NG it's Mayu, Jurina, and Sasshi, and I think while like people said there's a lot of variety in the the NG and the NG are special in their own way, the Top three are sort of the representatives and the OG top three are hands down better than the NG top three. The NG may be great in it's own way, but the three representing them are not actually NG and don't represent them well. I mean look at music station Senbatsu and such it's all OG, kennin, and a random Kojima Mako. And if all we can see of NG AKB is one girl, a fairly plain one at that, and the ones representing NG are just disappointing compared to last top three of course people would form a negative opinion about NG

11. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Wait, how is Acchan, Takamina, and Yuko 'hands down' better than Mayu, Jurina, and Sasshi? And a lot of people say Acchan is plain too, just saying; but she still slayed two senkyos and is deemed the immovable center and all ;)

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@WingsofAngels48 Wait, how are Mayuyu/Jurina/Sasshi new gen? They all debuted so long ago. They might be the "leaders" when it comes to the new AKB, but they aren't "new gens" as in "generations". They're old gens just like Takamina etc. New gens would be from the first team 4, to the 15th gen.

It's more like you're comparing the old AKB (Acchan, Takamina, Yuko) to the new AKB (Mayuyu, Jurina, Sasshi), but the discussion is about old gens vs new gens, not old AKB vs new AKB. I think lots of people mistake this. It's different. Obviously for "real" new gens it'll take lots of time to reach the top.

Besides, if you take the top3 "AKB-only", in elections, one of them is new gen, and that's Paruru. 1) Mayuyu (old gen), 2) Yukirin (old gen) and 3) Paruru (new gen). Other than this there's Ricchan who ranked in senbatsu this year, and she's #7 if we take "AKB-only". Annin is also in UG, close to senbatsu. Then there's Juri, Renacchi, both in UG. and then Mako who did pretty well too. Ah, and Tomu.

The 14th gen debuted 2 years ago and started to get promotions one year ago, yet 4/6 of them already ranked in the elections this year, they bring very good results. So while lots of fans are still supporting old gens (which I understand), many of them moved to new gens, first to 9th->12th gen girls like Paruru, Ricchan, Annin, Renacchi, Juri, Tomu, Tano etc. and now, to even more new gens from 13th->14th gen like Mako, Miki, Naachan, Nakkii, Saho.

It'll only take one more year for 15th gen members or draft girls to rank next time, something like Naanya, Mion, maybe Komiharu too, Sayaya, Aeri...
    So yeah, when lots of people talk about new gens and are interested, it also shows in the elections results like you can see every year the changes.

13. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Oh yeah I mixed up Gens with eras forgive me

I say Acchan Yuko Takamina are better than Mayu Sasshi Jurina b/c #1 is a lot stronger than #2. #1 was more varied and balanced each other out. Acchan was center, Yuko, was competition, Takamina was a leader. Acchan and Takamina were decent at dancing, Yuko was a bombshell. Acchan was quiet, but Yuko and Takamina were loud. Yuko was not so good at singing, but Acchan has a pretty voice and Takamina's is strong. They all meshed and foiled each other and helped the other members to shine. #2 doesn't do that. They don't balance each other. None of then can sing. Jurina is the only one who can dance. And they don't mesh; they're like three same sides of a magnet all squabbling for the top. They don't help the others to shine, they obscure them.

14. Edgyeiji

Edgyeiji Kenkyuusei

^ It's hard to take your post seriously when your bias and obvious stanning for Takamina is showing. It doesn't take much to decipher the constructive, objective opinions from the same ole same ole my-oshi-is-PERFECT-so-she-should-be-#1-and-your-oshi-sucks

15. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

What I said in my original post was that I felt management needs to inject more variety within generations. I think there needs to be a wider variance of ages in new gens, especially having more older girls, and maybe even have a couple of girls who already have dyed hair. I think it would just create a greater sense of individual identity right off the bat. I wasn't trying to make a point of "X is better than Y" with regards to individuals.

16. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Mayu's pretty good at singing, Jurina's good at dancing, and Sasshi's phenomenal at variety. But yeah, they don't really have chemistry; besides, two out of three aren't even AKB48, so

If you want a balanced and varied team, look no further than the three musketeers of gen 14. Mako's the quiet, idolish, sweet type who dances and sings well enough (she doesn't suck too badly at either, just like Acchan); Naachan the serious, responsible type who can sing better than most of the members; and Miki the loud, energetic type that dances really well on stage. They're friends and they complemented each other well.

17. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Oh, you're so sure now? Well why don't you tell me my political views,, religious beliefs, and sexuality while you're at it? I'm curious to know.

I agree that Mako, Nanachan, and Mikichan go really well together, but unfortunately when you see performances outside of ones strictly for NG it's only Mako. The trio isn't as effective when there's only one of them.

18. skydrive27

skydrive27 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    just curious if all OG like Mayu, Yuki, Kojiharu, Takamina grad.. maybe member from sister group will take over AKB like Sasshi, Jurina, Rena, Sayanee, Sakura etc. i think member from NG who have solid senbatsu/popularity only Paru & Yui.. and now maybe with Ricchan.

19. yamiperv

yamiperv Kenkyuusei

Sasshi was originally from AKB though, and even though now she's in HKT, what would she count as to the fans and management?
    Yes, probably HKT, the current one that she's in, but what about her past originality?

20. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

I think most people would judge her OG or NGness based on how they view her original generation- I don't think people would consider her any more or less "fresh" than fellow members of her generation because she's in HKT now.

On a simple OG/NG divide I would consider generations 1-7 to be OG and 9 onwards as NG.

However I prefer to view it as:
    1-3 Old Generations
    4-7 Early-Middle Generations
    9-12 Late-Middle Generations
    13- New Generations

To me Sashihara is an OG/Early Mid-Generation member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.