BATTLE ARENA

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by junjou19, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notsolittlej

notsolittlej Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    qurlsday
    ^I think it's more like
    1-3 Old Gens
    4-7 Middle Gen
    9-15 New Gens

AKB's "new chapter" started with the 9th gen so I still consider them new gens even though they've been around since like 2009 lol. And I haven't seen anyone before call 9-12 gens as middle gens.

2. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    I go with
    • Old: 1-3
    • Mid: 4-7
    • New: 9-12
    • Next: 13-15

3. skydrive27

skydrive27 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    what about the draft member & team 8... seems like next/future girls for me :^^;:

i think akb too many recruits member but only 1-2 members who get push each gen.

4. achanoshiJKT

achanoshiJKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    Why is it really hard to accept that Mayu and Jurina is old gen members? :^^;:

I still wonder why some fans deny it.... Jurina IS old gen member eventhough she is still young...
    fyi she is my first oshi [hehe] and I'm not mad people call her old gen

1-7 : Old gens
    9-12: new gens
    13++: next gens

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  5. mayuyukamioshi

mayuyukamioshi Kenkyuusei

fOR ME IS LIKE YOU SAID, tHE 9TH has been in akb48 since 2009, I can not considerate them as new gen

6. skydrive27

skydrive27 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    the 13th gen also has been in akb48 since 2011 (same as gen 12). i think because management late (or forgotten ?) to push/promotion, it's make them like new gen.

7. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    The current real next gen starts from 14th gen lol. 12th and 13th gen weren't pushed as much as 14th gen and it's not wrong to say the management make it seems like the 12th and 13th gen ride the popularity of 14th gen. It was like when they pushed 9th and 10th gen more than 11th gen and 12th gen (12th gen stuck in the middle, always).

8. skydrive27

skydrive27 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    i think the gen 12 already get push since 2012 with juri & karen in senbatsu managu. but until now not one member of gen 13 in senbatsu.. even nana owada from the gen 15 already in senbatsu labureti.

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think from 9th to 12th we could call them "new gens" and rom 13th onwards "next gens".

If they follow last year's method of using the new big jumps in the election for the fall single, we should have Tomu and Jurina in (12th gen).
    Maybe even Renacchi has preference for management, since it seems her push is giving its fruits now.

Kojimako being already in senbatsu for MaeShika could be considered an anomaly, but it shows how management believes in her to hold the group in a couple of years (by the time she hits 20 she'll probably have centered a couple of singles).

10. elbaf89

elbaf89 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    @ForrestFuller
    If you don't like other people's opinions you just can ignore the post itself or the user himself.

Some fans have to stop being overly defensive with whatever people says about her favorite member. This is getting boring.

11. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

This place would be much more peaceful if we didn't. If someone has questions or some misconceptions about your oshimen, you should tell them more about her if you like, but if someone doesn't like her for whatever reason, even if it's stupid to you, there's really no point in arguing about it. It doesn't even concern you, they're just stating their opinion about a public figure, not about you.

12. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

thing is, people are not able to let other people enjoy something. Others are paranoid about their oshimen.

It is a big issue in this community. I occassionally fall for both traps, too, but at least i am aware of that problem.

In the thread, ppl could just not stop talking shit-nobody-cares-about (well, apart from over-protective mayu oshis, but who is not over-protective in oshimen matters?) just to provoke some reaction.

It was trolling, in some cases, thinly veiled, but still trolling.

I mean, if you dont like the song, cool. But riding the "mayu sucks"-wave all the time was pretty stupid, pointless, and annoying.

13. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Well I guess if a member say something offensive about Sakura or Milky and keep repeating then I'd get annoyed yes but if 100 people say that Warukii is crap and it should not be performed ever again then no since its opinion, and I wouldnt write an essay about why are they bashing Milky and argue about how their opinion is different from mine and that they shouldnt be saying that Warukii shouldnt be performed ever again cuz its offensive :fp:.

I understand that why you flipped cuz the way those 2 give their opinion is very provocative sometimes and they say it alot. But I'm talking about in general where many people comment about Mayuyu, in recent case KNP is so boring like all previous Mayuyu singles so boring and they probably say it once to express their opinion on the song and some Mayuyu fans would write an essay about how people bash Mayuyu about the song :fp:

I stan Hyuna (the gangnam style girl), she is probably the most slut shamed idol in the kpop world and I see way less defending from her most hardcore fans than Mayuyu oshis. People in this forum seriously needs to chill and overlook small things seriously, it's fine if you call out those that make offensive comments but its annoying to see an essay writing defending something like Mayuyu's song are boring.

14. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    "Mayu sucks" is not an opinion. People around here really need to learn the nuances of language.

If you don't like a song, or an idol. Fine. There is no rule that anyone has to like anything. I think the problem many have is when they see people hammering that opinion into a thread over and over again. Is it really necessary to say that KnP sucks 15 times in the single thread? If you don't like it, then why are you still in the thread? Are you trying to prove you are right about it sucking?

State your opinion, own your opinion, and be done with it. Especially when it comes to something so subjective like song or idol preference.

@ForrestFuller While I do get that it is annoying to read constant knocks on your oshimen. It does seem like you play into the Mayu detractors' hands by constantly reacting to every little off-color statement about her. Perhaps you might be best served playing your hand a little closer to the vest. After all, your oshimen did win the sousenkyo. Is there really a need to so vehemently defend her?

15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Honestly, I don't know why I do. I do have that talk before thinking and sometimes we have spots like this. I admit I should control myself a little more. And you are right. My Oshimen won the souenskyo (and deep down, I love that it piss off the antis) we should cool it (Mayuyu Oshis) a little bit. We should pull for her and help her make it her single (RH2015 for instant) and not give a fuck what the others think.

16. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    This is ridiculous, first I never wrote that and second, it is actually an opinion.

Just like: Obama sucks is an opinion to have.

I don't know what specific posts you mean or who you are referring to, because all you do is generalizing,
    but what I did is post my opinion, and then get attacked for it over and over again.
    So what happens then? I reply to them or don't.

In the cases where the attacks went ad hominem, they were by rka or ForrestFuller.

Two people who apparently have some anger management issues because

a) rka keeps attacking the same person (me)
    His stalking has gone beyond what sane people would do.
    Since he can't seem to stop it, he should be banned permanently.

and
    b) ForrestFuller because he attacks anyone who comments on Mayu in a way he does not like.
    Since he can't seem to stop calling other people names, like less than human and idiots,
    or write things like 'give a fuck'
    it should be dealt with accordingly.

17. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @oscarwilde

Only that first sentence was directed at you. But it wasn't even solely directed at you. In any case....

Declaring something to "suck" is not an opinion. When you say something sucks you are 1) not taking ownership and 2) invalidating anyone who might feel differently.

18. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Mayu sucks is definitely an opinion. I have to agree with Oscar for this. You think that a person sucks or superb, ugly or beautiful and those are subjective statements since it doesnt mean they are true to others therefore opinions. Sucks is just a more vulgar way of saying someone is no good. eg If I say Milky or Mayu sucks, thats my opinion even tho it might provoke and offend some others

19. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Lol wow. One time (the time I started all of this). I don't go around saying that to everybody. I don't care that people aren't Mayuyu fans. That's why there is other girls for people to love. But I don't go around saying stuff (everyday) like that. I wouldn't be here if I did smh.

20. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    However, saying something "sucks" carries a certain arrogance that one's "opinion" is in fact the only valid opinion. Not to mention it is an aggressive expression that will more often than not incite an argument rather than rational discussion. If the best somebody can do is to simply say something sucks, then perhaps it would be better to keep their "opinion" to themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.