Beginner Cosplay!

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Theatre' started by Umi, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Umi

Umi Kenkyuusei

Hellooooo everyone! It's been a long, long time since I've posted on here, (._.;;) but I wanted to share this Beginner cosplay that I made this weekend for MechaCon VII. I got a lot of positive feedback, except the part where noone knew who I was supposed to be. ;_;

Skirt Construction
    I sewed it all. by. hand. It took me about 6-7 hours to cut all 10 panels (5 of each color), the waistband, and sew everything together. x_X; If I had a sewing machine, it would have probably only taken about 2-3 hours, but I digress. It's a good thing I love to hand sew! The waistband is pink, and I made it so it has a drawstring that I pulled a shoestring (I WAS SHORT ON TIME) through it for adjustability.

Everything Else
    Everything else was store bought. >>;
    - Headband: Claire's
    - Shirt: American Eagle (brand, purchased at thrift store)
    - Tie: my fathers' closet. XDDDD
    - Belt: Also purchased at a thrift store, but Mudd brand.
    - Gloves: Wal-Mart. Golds Gym brand.
    - Socks: I don't rememberrrrr! ;_; But I THINK Claire's. They are charcoal colored ballet socks.
    - Boots: Sears. Bought on Black Friday a few years ago! They are black leather.

And now, what you're waiting for!

Photographs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the kind of LQ photos, but it was the end of the day, and I was dying to get out of those boots. XD; I also just realized that I took my gloves off for the photo! :( It's also difficult to see the belt too, but it's there, promise! Hopefully I will get some better pictures of it one day!

Hope you enjoy! :D

2. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    ^ Nice one! It's a shame that nobody recognised you though. ;__; I did otomegumi YEARS ago and didn't get recognized either.

3. Umi

Umi Kenkyuusei

Thank you! <3 That's the problem with cosplaying jpop - their outfits are usually just modified normal outfits, therefore not very recognizable by non-fans. :\

Do you have any pictures of your Otomegumi cosplay? :O

4. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

5. Umi

Umi Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the link!

6. Kinoshinta

Kinoshinta Kenkyuusei

Ya know I really need to start paying more attention to the Theatre more often >.> I totally didn't see this until now when I decided wander over to this section of the forums...

Anyway: From what I can see from the pictures you provided, I think it looks great! Kinda stinks that despite the large fanbase AKB has not enough people know about them to recognize a PV outfit.

7. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan

I don't! (I did it in 2004 xD) I think my dad does though but he is utterly clueless about uploading pictures. -__-