1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Best and worst singers in 48G

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Crests, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Husky

Husky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    I like Sasshi's personality a lot, but I feel (or rather hear), that she is the worst singer in 48. Before her, I guess Shinoda Mariko had most terrible voice (although I liked her a lot as well) .
    Definitely Sayanee, Masuda Yuka and Wasamin have good voices:)
    Most of others are just on acceptable level...

Btw, I wonder how often they are singing without a playback anyway :chuffed:

ps. talking about bad singing in AKB, always this video comes to my mind...

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. eriri

eriri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    SNH has plenty of good singers due to the cultural differences and because you can't lip sync in China. I think JKT is supposed to have some really good singers as well, though I don't follow them.

As for Sasshi...her voice isn't good but I like it because it contrasts with her image. Her voice is so cutesy and idoly, while she herself really isn't. Sayanee is on par with a decent but still amateur YouTube singer...I think many of the 48 girls are in that category IMO.

3. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    That's because there aren't many members who are technically well trained singers, but there's no real criteria for distinguishing a "best" singer. It's an artform, not a science, so everyone has their own different measure of what sounds best to them. It's like asking who's the prettiest. A lot of the same good looking girls will be named, but there is no right answer or order to rank them.

4. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    Haha this is so accurate. It's like the description I was looking for all this time

5. Husky

Husky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    Not sure what you mean by "amateur". Well, her voice is not trained, like opera singer's one, but there is just a few pop singers who actually have such a voice.
    Many youtube singers have better level then pros and there is a fine line between pros and amateurs in general nowadays (in all fields of art at least).

I am not trying to say, that Sayanee has so great voice and everybody should love it, I just want comment on this comparision ;)

I don't know much about China and about SNH nothing at all, but got interested in this info... why it is not possible?
    And what are those cultural differences that make them good singers?

6. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    Trained does not mean opera singer. You can train your voice to be a good pop singer.

7. eriri

eriri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I just meant that a lot of Youtube singers have voices that are pleasant, but not exactly amazing in a technical sense. That's what I feel like Sayanee and a lot of others in 48g have.

As for China, it's not allowed for those in the entertainment industry to lip sync, probably because it looks bad or something. I think there's some kind of fine they have to pay so it's better for them just to find good singers.

It's not the cultural differences that make them good singers, it's the fact that China isn't like Japan where being cute and having a good idol aura will make you an idol. If the SNH girls want to make it as singers (which the general Chinese population will view them as, since there's not really an idol culture there) then they actually have to be good at singing. But with the huge population in China it's not exactly difficult to find a large number of pretty girls who can also carry a tune.

8. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
  9. eriri

eriri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Just wanted to clarify, I meant that because in China there's more of a cultural standard that performers who sing should be good singers, they tend to look for good singers for SNH. Not that culture/regulation is the direct cause of good singing.

10. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Yoshida Akari singing "Deatta Koro no You ni". What do you think?

11. Ayi Deviru

Ayi Deviru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    cute voice! Love it!

12. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    The question, how good is she?

13. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

I think this is the average singin level in the group

14. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Definitely not my taste.

15. tsukiname

tsukiname Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Her voice is really cute and sweet,but her singing level isn't sreally great,like almost every 48G member X)

16. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    Exactly.

What do you guys thnk of Nishino Nanase? I love this recording and I think this is the first time I hear her singing live:

17. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    She can hold a note. That's good. Would love to hear her singing into something other than her cellphone.

Yoshida on the other hand sounded a bit shaky, and flat at times. Not to mention she wasn't projecting at all. At least in the beginning she wasn't.

18. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Nako is definitely improving as a singer. Since NakiHohoende, she keeps getting better and better as a singer.

19. Shoka

Shoka Kenkyuusei

I've been listening to this a lot recently!! It's a great song.
    Enka really demands precision, so it really tests her skills. I think Wasamin struggles a bit with the sharpness of staccato notes, and also modulating tempo and loudness. She hits all the notes well though and is very consistent in general. Sakura Maya has more control than Wasamin in the mid range, especially with vibrato (though they're both not great at vibrato). But Wasamin beats her at high and low pitches. Maya struggles noticeably with low pitch notes and her high pitch notes were inconsistent (though when she hits them well, it's perfect).

Anyway, if she keeps training enka, she'll be another league from AKB.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  20. paruru_oshi

paruru_oshi Kenkyuusei

FAVORITE VOICE:

Me : Yokoyama Yui:)

Sent from my SM-G316HU using Tapatalk