Best Singers in JKT48

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by Aisansan, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Would like to see a compilation of current JKT members singing abilities (as opposed to most popular or most cute etc) since many posting and or looking at the 48G thread wont know that much about JKT and SNH.

Also new people coming to JKT might go through this thread to see examples of some of the girls abilities.....

Qualities for a good singer in the idol world cover I think these aspects:
    Quality of natural voice,
    Ability to sing in tune,
    Voice control,
    Ability to use some singing techniques,
    Strength of voice,
    Ability to sing live,
    Ability to sing at a moments notice.

And those who are still very raw but seem to have good potential.
    Would be good to see who is the present crop, and any examples.

The evidence can be their personal recordings, fancam, studio records, parts of live concerts etc...
    Recordings can establish the degree of talent or potential, and live singing ability be determined when possible.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  2. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Copied.....

As singers JKT totally slay the 48G 'opposition'.. no wonder I love their JKT KFC english version.
    pending what I can find for more of SNH.

Thanks for that...well just going on that small sample of 5 JKT girls singing....it is clear JKT has some amazing voices!

Two of them have freaking great voices and know how to use them.....If that sample is anything to go by I doubt very much that Japan groups would want to have a Karaoke battle with JKT.

There must be so much potential among the JKT girls.

Just going from the one example of each above...it just my opinion from the one example...would love to hear more of their best stuff if there is any around, for them and others.

EDIT heard the rest of those examples provided.....easier to ask who in JKT cant sing, because I think most can to some acceptable degree?

The Singers with some examples so far.....
    Sendy Ariani The Power of Love (Celine Dion)
    Very Impressive
    Great voice, good range and power, and in english, and in tune. Impressed that she sang the entire song, which is VERY demanding. Good control most of the way through, just stretched a little on some range – not surprising for such a demanding and energy sapping song. And she have the guts to get out and give it a go in front of all as well.

That voice is absolute tops......can imagine the Japanese girls crapping themselves having to sing next to her.

Noella Sisterina – Sunday Morning
    Sings not bad, voice has lots of potential for development, some nice tones in there. A little trouble with perfect pitch, but I think a little nervous. I would rank her to about Yukirin level... though with a voice with more tonal qualities and greater potential.

Nakinagara Hohoende
    Very difficult to sing in that environment, very difficult to find the tune/background music, So easy to sing a little flat which she did here and there, but range good, has depth and power there, and nice tonal qualities, again there is a lot of potential in that voice too. In a more controlled environment probably would sound even better.

@Novinta JKT48 HS Managu at Balai Kartini
    Very noisy environment, hard to hear her properly. Just on that one go, sound flat a bit, voice untrained I think. Would rate her average on that one performance. Would like to hear much more.
    Novinta JKT48 Nyanyi Lagu "MIRRORS" Keren Abis Suaranya (TERBARU)
    Yep can sing very well, and very nice sound.
    JKT48 - Novinta ~ I Remember you (Skid Row Cover)
    Loads of potential there, just a bit more singing/voice control coaching/ training and will be excellent.

Sisca: this girl is on fire
    also:

Sisca JKT48 Gen 3 Unjuk Bakat di Flying Get Handshake Festival

Wow
    You know you got a potential great singer on your hands when they can sing strongly, with good tones, and seem to do it effortlessly. That is a great voice! And though a short segment, obvious she can sing.

edit
    Rona Anggreani
    Voice with very good range, strong, untrained singer, a bit raw....sings in tune. Lots of potential here with just a little bit more tuition.

Delima JKT48 - Bird (Cover Song)
    Sounds nice, I like her sound, good voice, bit flat here and there, needs some singing/control coaching. But still was pretty good.

Nabilah JKT48
    Softer sweeter voice, sounds nice, but need to hear some more.

Shania JKT48 ft Kunto Aji - Sudah Terlalu Lama Sendiri | iCLUB48 |
    Yet another singer..LoL A little bit like Takamina but with more singing flare and style.

Bebas IWA K Feat Rona JKT48 Live
    Is there anybody in JKT that can't sing? This was pretty good, though her voice not quite open enough...but still sings with style and in tune.

Ghaida JKT48 ft Ten 2 Five - I Will Fly | iCLUB48 |
    Yes she CAN sing.....but hard to tell how well from that example.
    And those group acapella examples...girls showing, they don't need no stinking music backing to sing well.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  3. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

copied...

4. shunusuke

shunusuke Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sendyariani
    I think in the JKT48 if we talk about singing ability, Sendy stands a top.
    She is good in all aspects you mention above.
    But, not all people like her voice, I think it's because her 'cengkok', typical dangdut singer.

here, some of her videos

after Sendy, we have Sisca, Ayen, Nobi, whom I think above the average

5. mc_shithead

mc_shithead Kenkyuusei

^
    it seems not because of her dangdut style, but because she is a pro dangdut singer herself :) we all know, when it comes to dangdut, people usually prefer to look down at it, because it usually related with the low-class / plebeian (altho for some that truly understood, maintaining the same vocal tune while shaking your booty and moving around here-there also requires a serious skill).
    but yah, she still the best singer in JKT (and for me personally, in 48G, considering she trained herself by herself in the bathroom). you even can hear the absolute difference between her voice (which a bit high pitched) and her singing voice. it seems this is also the reason jot still keeps her as a real ace, so whenever they are invited to some show, and they are challenged to sing, JKT will not get embarassement :^^;: (aside the fact she and Rica is the glue of the team, the one that un-noticedly always hold the team together. too bad Rica already out).
    it is also need to be noted, that Sendy sometimes act as a vocal coach for JKT girls and still holds the record of the highest performing number (283 times) which can only be surpassed by Takashi-Sama i think :D
    the other have a true potential, the closest as Sendy rival maybe Rona (because she is also a professional freelance singer prior to JKT). Rona voice is preety deep, but the range seems not as wide as Sendy.

6. DreamerKid

DreamerKid Kenkyuusei

if AKB48 can have an enka version of their song why cant JKT48 have dangdut version of their song,or jazz version, i still dont get it....

sendy and some of the members are more than capable to doing it, unless they plan to bring enkan to indonesia too, sometimes i think JKT48 still dont have their "national idol identity"...they are too japanese, not that its a bad think, believe me its not, but they're in indonesia so they need to have this kind of really indonesia song like dangdut once in a while...

7. RacerMCMXCVII

RacerMCMXCVII Kenkyuusei

Well let's hope their first original single has a dangdut vibe to it... to test the waters for any possible future songs...

8. mc_shithead

mc_shithead Kenkyuusei

^
    some fans speculated, heart placard were supposed to be JKT 1st original songs, because it's suit JKT best (even JKT version of the MV is better than AKB). for the 10th single, rumour said it will be original song.

copy right issue. all the song were created by Yasushi Akimoto, unless you have his permission, you can not do anything about it.

9. DreamerKid

DreamerKid Kenkyuusei

^yes, i totally understand that, of course its will be with Aki-p bless and permission, he is the one who made all the song, and sendy will be great for the role with her vocal ability.

btw is JKT48 will perform on Java Jazz again? they can put these best singer idol and make a nice jazz acoustic of their song to be perform there, looking from the acapela video they can totally do it

10. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

The have the enka version on some AKB songs (Flying get, KFC, Heavy Rotation) because they had a member branching out into a career as an enka singer with her agecy, in Wasamin. And they were coupling songs to original songs released. So, long after 48G gone or evolved into something else Wasamin will be still singing enka music on the circuit well into her old age, if she wanted to. Age and appearance no limitation for this genre.

So if one one of the Indonesian girls with her agency decided to seriously start a solo career they could in their releases/performances do dangdut version of 48G songs.

Now Wasamin had a fairly reasonable strong voice before she went solo....but still had to do an immense amount of constant vocal and musicianship/singing training, learning techniques, breathing etc....and some of her teachers (ie Mizumori) are basically the best singers in the business.

So if one of the JKT girls decided on a solo career, even with the good raw talent, it will require some sort of strong commitment if the goal was to become an industry standard singer. Certainly the raw talent is there ... just a matter of if the girls want to commit.

11. mc_shithead

mc_shithead Kenkyuusei

the girls (most of them at least), does commited. but the management is not [hehe] that is precisely the problem here.
    JKT is not a place for young talented girls to chase their dreams. it is a place for young talented girls, to have a stepping stone by watching and learning the management favorite members behaviour :)

12. Mogisama

Mogisama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    cindyyuvia
    Can somebody post sisca when she in laskar pelangi musical ? Maybe it can look how talented sisca..

13. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Quote....
    and in there Sica...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBUoeej6Vog

Also listening more to Sendy..whilst for a couple of songs she really good.... some other songs shows that she needs to get onto a singing and vocal training program.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  14. Mogisama

Mogisama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    cindyyuvia
    No what i means when she in laskar pelangi musical, before join jkt48 she cast in there..

15. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Fransisca Inneke Rossari (Sisca) - Audisi Musikal Laskar Pelangi

16. mc_shithead

mc_shithead Kenkyuusei

is that the gen3 sisca?

17. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

I don't know ... took me a while to find Sisca on the JKT thread, since people tend to not type a more detailed name, and if you are not a regular visitor or fan.... hard to know who some of the nicknames are without looking around. This is especially true if people use cute made up names..expecting others to know who they are talking about....

18. block

block Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakagawaharuka
    JKT48 member don't have agency. They're not like their sister in JPN48 where member have contract with 48 and also have contract with their own agency. If JKT48 member have agency, this agency will responsible for developing the member individual talent such as singing. You can't rely on JOT for this kind of thing. JOT only train member skill in performing at theater. Right now, if member want to train their singing skill, they have to pay for professional vocal trainer by them self.

19. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

If a girl has got serious singing potential she better get herself an agent as they can use the profile of being a member of JKT to help promote her. Investing in her singing development could be seen as worthwhile since being a member of JKT is free advertising...and if she becomes competent and does some work...would get increased profile and exposure in JKT...self fulfilling...

20. RBK

RBK Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jessicavania
    Rona and Sendy are the best, I prefer Rona's because I like rock songs.

Novi is also a good singer, there's a video of her covering Skid Row's I Remember You, which is a hard song to sing and she did a pretty good job there.