1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Birthday and Graduation Projects for 46 & 48 group members.

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Reveen, Jul 23, 2017.

?

Are birthday projects for members worthwhile?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I'm interested in finding out the forum members views on birthday and graduation projects for members. I've been involved in running several projects for member birthdays and found them to be a really satisfying way of contributing to the fandom and keeping the members spirits up. I have found though that over the years it has been getting harder to drum up interest not only on this forum but on other forums and social media and i think that's common amongst just about all projects from western fans to 46 and 48 group members recently.

On this forum the last post in the Forum Events section was in February, the last project launch was in November of last year. No new projects so far in this calendar year, that's kind of shocking in my opinion.

I'm interested to hear peoples views on it, if it's more than a decline in the fandom but rather a change in the type of fan that idols attract these days? A change in how people view idols or interact with them? Something else?