1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[BLOG48] translators' thread

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by loveandcoffee, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Since the community has been setup, I thought about making a thread for the translators, for 2 reasons:
    1. To write a tutorial on how to post etc. that everyone can access, for easy reference and consistency;
    2. For further discussion on how the community's run, suggestions, etc.

First off:
    there's still a dummy layout and only one test entry, so. XD

The screencaps are all in Italian. Sorry about that >< but the position of the items doesn't change, and I'll use the English labelling in the tutorial, so it'll serve as a reference anyway. Click to enlarge.

- HOW TO LOAD ICONS
    1. Create your icons. They must be max 100x100pixel, in .gif, .jpg and .png format. Please try not to use animated gif icons.

2. Go to http://www.livejournal.com/editpics.bml . It will prompt you to login if you haven't already.

3. This is what the screen looks like.
    [​IMG]
    4. Head to the blue square on the left labelled "Upload new userpic".

5. If you have your icon on your hard drive, you can upload it in the "From file:" field. If you have it already uploaded somewhere, you can just paste the direct link to the image in the "From URL:" field.

6. You can leave the rest blank, but fill the "Keywords" field. It's what will allow you to recognize each icon in the "write a post" page.
    [​IMG]

7. Add or remove the check on "Make this your default userpic" (default userpic = the icon that will show up if you post without choosing a different icon)

8. Click on "Proceed". You're done. You can upload one icon at a time, so repeat these steps all the times you need.

- HOW TO POST ON LJ
    1. Go to http://www.livejournal.com/update.bml . It will prompt you to login if you haven't already.

2. This is what the screen looks like:
    [​IMG]

3. To post on blog48, open the dropdown menu next to "Post to:" and select "blog48".
    [​IMG]
    (yes, I am a member of a lot of communities XD.)

4. Then, you have to choose your icon. Click on the dropdown menu next to "Userpic:" and select the icon of the girl whose entry you're translating.
    [​IMG]
    For example, I want to post a Haachan entry, so I'll choose the Haachan icon.

5. In the "Subject:" field, write the entry title. (see below for guidelines)

6. Time to write your entry! You have two choices.
    a) if you're familiar with basic HTML code, you can use the HTML entry mode.
    [​IMG]
    b) otherwise, you can use a simple, WYSIWYG entry mode with buttons and the like. To use this mode, click on the "Rich text" tab above the entry square.
    [​IMG]

7. After writing the entry, add the tags. In the gray square below your entry textbox there's a field called "Tags:". Type your tag there (see below for guidelines)
    [​IMG]
    Leave the other dialogue boxes as they are.

8. At this point, you can check how your entry looks like by clicking on "Preview". (a popup will open. Tags won't be shown in the preview.)

9. All okay? Then make sure the "show this entry to:" field is set as "Everyone (public)" and click "Post to blog48". Done!

- POSTING GUIDELINES <- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
    Title: follow this scheme
    [Girl name] translated title of the entry
    For example, if Haachan posted an entry titled 感謝 I'll title my entry:
    [Katayama Haruka] Gratitude

Blog entry: follow this scheme
    basically: link to the original entry, and copy the date and time from the entry XD.
    For the body, you can basically do as you please. You're free to have it your way when it comes to translator's notes, emoticons, images, adding your comments after the entry, whatever. It's up to you.

upload them to your image hosting service. You can use the service you like the most.
    Please do not post large (=width exceeding 350px) images as they are but use a thumbnail instead.

Lj-cut:
    If you feel your entry is too long, you might want to hide part of it under a cut/jump (users will have to click on a link to read the rest of the entry). Whether you want to do this or not is entirely up to you.
    •If you use the HTML entry mode, use this code:
    Code:
    <lj-cut text="read more">text you want to hide under the cut</lj-cut>
    you can replace the text inside the brackets ("read more") with any text you like.
    •If you use the Rich Text editor, click on the button I've circled in this screencap:
    [​IMG]

Tags:
    Leave your first post for each girl untagged as I am the only one who can add tags for the first time.
    After I've tagged that first entry, the tag will be available for you to use and it will automatically complete as you type the start of it in the "Tags" field, or you can click on "Select tags" and choose the relevant tag.
    If you need to write more than one tag, separate them with commas.
    The tags follow this scheme:
    XXX48 team X: Surname Name
    examples:
    AKB48 Team K: Miyazawa Sae
    SDN48 1st gen: Ohori Megumi
    NMB48 Team Kenkyuusei: Ota Riona

Setting a date:
    I just found out this is not possible for community entries. :fp: So the post will always show up as posted in the day you post it. (Can I repeat "post" any more times -_-?) You can still do old entries catchup if you feel like it. The original date is inside the post. Add a bolded Old entry warning on top of the post for entries older than two weeks before the time you post them on lj.

If there's any other question/doubt, tell me.

2. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

^ WTF whole Team A is taken o_O
    damn, we got an awesome team for this project :).

3. suki-gin

suki-gin Kenkyuusei

Since it's okay to post I'll prepare the userpics and get to it! [rock]
    Again, thank you for everything loveandcoffee

4. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

I'll start with posting the old entries for the NMB girls if you don't mind, they're about 18 each so it's not as much as the AKB members so =X

5. IndigoSkies

IndigoSkies Kenkyuusei

It's okay to post? Sweet! I just finished making a Yuka icon, and I already had a Watarirouka one and a B3 icon for CinDy...
    Ah, I've been translating a lot of old Watarirouka posts lately, from March 2009 to March 2010 which is when I started translating. But I think it'd be too much to post on here, it's a couple thousand posts ^^;;; Or it will be when I'm done, I'm only a hundred or so in. Since my goal is ultimately to have every single entry translated on my Watarirouka blog, can I make a first post with a link saying like, "for all old Watarirouka entries, go here"? Or should I just not bother and start posting new entries right away?

6. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

I posted an entry, but it said I didn't have permission to add tags, so the tag isn't showing up =/

7. IndigoSkies

IndigoSkies Kenkyuusei

...Ah, I don't think I have posting access? ^^;;;

8. Wolfic

Wolfic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Just a couple of things I wanted to double check:

1. In regards to the posts that require an "old post" on top, how old do they have to be? If I'm posting posts that are a few days or maybe a week old, do they need the "old post" label?

2. For those of us who were thinking about posting in the girl's respective thread as well as on the livejournal, did everyone arrive at a general consensus as to what to do or is anything fine? (I think the two proposed ideas were either posting a link to the livejournal in the threads, or just posting the posts themselves.)

9. IndigoSkies

IndigoSkies Kenkyuusei

No problem! Just posted a Watarirouka intro post and a Yuka post. Feels great to get started on this :D

10. Meroron♥

Meroron♥ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ogumatsugumi
    Yay, it's up ^_______^

just one question:

for ske blogs, you can't really link to the entries since they only show the latest, so do I just link to the girl's blog and name the link "original blog" rather than "original entry"?

(also, thanks to sada for the twitter links in the other thread! =D)

11. suki-gin

suki-gin Kenkyuusei

A quick, silly question :fear:
    Amina has some posts prior that has been translated by jooooee [ I think it was, excuse the spelling].
    Should those be added or ...?

@ Meroron♥ You're right... my bad :^^;:

12. Meroron♥

Meroron♥ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ogumatsugumi
    ^ Aamin is Maeda Ami's nickname :fear:

13. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Good news guys. I've finished catching up with the Sayaka blogs so the spamming of her blogs will stop... and now I'll start with Akarin's blogs >____________>

Sorry for pushing everything down ><

14. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Please and please someone can review my post?.

I'm the bottom line of all the translation project in the sense of knowledge so I surely need some feedback.

=(

(Can improve my skills, too... but that's personal)

15. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Can we have a designated resize limit for the pictures? o-o

I've been going with 300height (If the picture is vertical and >300)
    and 250 width (if the picture is >250 width)

Will it cause problems if the pictures are too huge, or are they fine? o-o

16. Kanki

Kanki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    imnikky
    ^ Sorry about that, used to making 500 for the forum. All of them will be 350 and under now~

Can we start with current and on? If we keep back-tracking it's going to push all the current ones away and that's kinda...meh =\

17. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Sorry x-x
    Should I just do it maybe 1-2 posts per day, so it doesn't push everything down too much? I doubt the NMB girls will blog anytime soon, so I could space out the old posts so they don't affect the updates too much.

I kinda want to get them up on the blog since they have very few entries =X

18. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Ooh yes, I should do just that xD

Was planning on advertising it on my blog after the layout and all the initial things are finished. :3

19. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Let me just say: thank you everyone for taking part in this, especially loveandcoffee. I'm sure it's going to be an awesome resource for fans around the world to get to know their idols better. [clap]

ps I've kind of forgotten how to edit the links bar at the top of the forum so I'll look it up and edit a link in later :XD:

20. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

^ lol, just search for something like lyrics in all files and Tables and you'll figure it out :)

BTW do we change the post date to the actual post date of the blog entry or just leave it like that?

I'm also doing Uchida Mayumi Post since I have a lot of free time on my hands now, but that has the lowest priority just so you all know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.