1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single BNK48 3rd [วันแรก (Shonichi)] (2018/05/07)

Discussion in 'BNK48 News & Releases' started by GantaroZX, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    No! in my opinion, I loved listening to Shonichi in Thai version.

2. Tyrese

Tyrese Kenkyuusei

like @R7-OZ said, It's around 99% the same. But they start to use the whole meaning of the sentence in translation, not a Word-By-Word translation like in the previous singles.
    the most difference that I notice is the "yume wa ase no naka ni" In Thai There is 4 translation version (with similar meaning but not the same)
    1."ความฝันต้องเกิดหยาดเหงื่อจึงได้มา" (Dreams comes after the sweat)
    2."ความฝันเท่ากับหยาดเหงื่อรินรดไป" (Dreams are equal to the sweat poured over)
    3."ความฝันเริ่มจากหยาดเหงื่อและน้ำตา" (Dreams start from sweat and tears)
    4."ความฝันนั้นเป็นบ่อเกิดแห่งน้ำตา" (Dreams are the origin of tears)

Yep, it's sound really weird for Thai people, Most problematic word of the song is the word "พยายาม"(pa-ya-yarm), They cheat on the tone to be "พะหย่ายาม"(pa-y'a-yarm) to be matched with the original.
    A bit different but in the tonal language it's sound weird and can even change the meaning. Some fans even try to change it to use another word but most of them are making the song a lot worse.

3. stormcaster

stormcaster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    DD
    For me I don't think it's that weird. We've got a lot of tone cheating (for the sake of melody) in a lot of popular songs. Like เธอ twisted into เถ่อ and ไม่ to ไหม่ or to ไม and in this case I don't think the "ยา" part is as low as the normal low tone and the "ยาม" that follows has almost the same tone so the word can still be interpreted as พยายาม

What bothered me is more of how they pronounce ฉัน as ช้าาาาาาน as opposed to the usual ชั้นนนนน or ฉันนนนน but that's more on personal level.

4. pressureabadi

pressureabadi Kenkyuusei

uh.. i like shonichi. but after watching their performance, i feel like it is not a main song....
    they should do better song next time, like hebirote.. since it has unique dance like KFC..

5. stormcaster

stormcaster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    DD
    They don't need more of the songs for the mass since they already did KFC. Now it's time they show their story and what they are capable of. Shonichi (and RIVER) is perfect for that. Theater is also opening soon.
    You would surely feel like it's not a main song because it's AKB's stage (and c/w) song so of course the production of the song would be less than those A-Sides.

6. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

The content of the song itself its pretty strange and quite unrelatable since its about them so it’s does feel weird listening to the lyrics but they did well translating it. All in all I dont think it’ll be a hit.

7. damina

damina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Hello all. This is my first time posting here :)
    I love the original Shonichi song. In fact, I have the B3 stage CD in my car and listen it it all the time.
    However, I don't really like the Thai lyrics -- some of them sound quite awkward. I tried to figure out what the problems were for me, and I think it came down to three things:
    1. Some of things are just not said that way in Thai. You can understand it but it sounds strange. An analogy in English would be something like saying "You will be hindered from entering this room" rather than "You are not allowed to enter this room."
    2. While the tones that are changed to fit the melody don't bother me that much, the funny stresses are. It is like saying "NaTHAN was THE chamPION" in English.
    3. The singing was so choppy that it was difficult to understand what they're saying.
    I understand that it was difficult to translate the lyrics. I guess they did so well for KFC that I had a high expectation.

8. new13th

new13th Kenkyuusei

I'm thai I really love Shonichi Thai version It's perfect for me <3

This version I'm going to cry :cute:
    Start : 1:08

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  9. stormcaster

stormcaster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    DD
    BNK's Shonichi is available on Apple Music, Spotify and JOOX now! (probably region-locked)
    Apple Music also has Anata to Christmas Eve so I think it will be on others soon too.

https://open.spotify.com/album/76WqROUIKb0yLYGZs69BRs?si=jm8inlDTTBmqKKxtFtpkiw

Now I feel like the song is actually translated to match the acoustic, slower set more than the original, faster pace. Maybe that's why some people find the lyrics choppy and forcing.

10. new13th

new13th Kenkyuusei

But i like Shonichi thai version with normal beat. Its on top 3 BNK48 songs for me :3rd:

Audio Version

11. GantaroZX

GantaroZX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Single covers are out! Thread will be updated when I get the access to my PC.

edit

Thread updated ;)

Attached Files:

12. R7-OZ

R7-OZ Kenkyuusei

13. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    SUPER PRETTY! :corr:
    I really should get new fan art to represent these new costumes. [hehe]

14. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    the covers are pretty

15. jinseng

jinseng Kenkyuusei

16. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Bigger Cover
    Type A (Jaa, Pupe, CherPrang, Music, TarWaan, Orn, Jane & SatChan) | Type B (Korn, Mobile, NamNuang, Jennis, Noey, Pun, Kaew & KaiMook)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    I liked the performance so I hope we will get a MV with dancing parts ;; No because from the teaser it kinda seemed like they wanted to do a story MV...
    Other than this I really like their versions and the lyrics even if I think that switching the first and the second chorus would have been better (but that's a personal preference). I don't really like the track list but that's probably because I don't like most songs on it haha
    Last but not least I like the outfits I think they are my favorite so far~

18. GantaroZX

GantaroZX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Kinda sure they will reveal Namida Surprise! and Sakura no Hanabiratachi in a few hours.

19. GantaroZX

GantaroZX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki

MV is out.

Thread updated with full list of tracks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  20. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Even if I don’t speak the language I still understood what was the music video about and I liked the message a lot~
    In my opinion it was their best music video, I hope they’ll keep this director