1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

BoA

Discussion in 'The Music Forum' started by freezingkiss, Jun 10, 2007.

1. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
  2. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Her new PV Eat you up is out for Asia... English version coming soon. Digital on Amazon, iTunes the 21st of October. The physical single will be out on November 11th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn1Iim7XK2M

^PV with English subs by BoAjjang! (The song is all in english).

BoA has crazy dance moves :D The PV is awesome!! But the lyrics are funny lol.
    My favorite part is around 1:50 minutes

3. MoonsaultV1

MoonsaultV1 Kenkyuusei

^ Where she just puts her arm up at the end of "I think I'm in Love" and then after that starts singing "Can't stop thinking 'bout the things I wanna do to you?"

And the dance for the part where she sings "Can't stop thinking 'bout the things I wanna do to you?" onwards is cool.

I like the part where she is singing "I wanna take you to my room (I'll eat you up)" <3 The dance is cute, yet still has the suggestiveness in it. (About from 2:28 - 2:38) and the way when she faces her partner and smiles is cool (2:44)

It's definitely in my Top 5 songs of the year, it has an awesome beat and I think that it's something that she really needed to have to sorta stick out from her bland career before that. haha

4. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Starting from that part to the end of where she says "So much, I think I'm in love" Yeah, I love this music video! But the American one is going to be different I think... Yeah her last couple single before were like eh... wtf. (Stopped following her after... Outgrow?)" She's got the moves~ haha.

I'm going to be surprised if I hear this at one of the dances xP

5. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

American version out.

It's terrible. Intro is awesome, but long. But way better than the PV itself haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03YjU40adCw

Lots of stuff I don't like about it... I think they overdid it...Asia for sure would've been better to use... what is Avex thinking? lol. I think American just doesn't have enough style like the other one... but nice moves. The orange lipstick part and flashes of BoA is bleh.... bad bad bad.

*edit*

HOLY MOLY! BoA is in LA right now "secretly" I wonder if she's going to have a concert or something soon... totally would go to see it :D I haven't seen her live yet! Apparently she's going to stay here for a while till her debut :]

Taken from BoAjjang:

"BoA and even former employees were not able to hide their surprise," a SM representative said after they were notified of how BoA managed to make her way up onto Amazon and iTunes charts. "It's a good start because we didn't publicly release the song nor do promotions. It will accelerate her growth from being Asia's Diva to a Worldwide Diva."

Next week BoA will go around TV stations in the U.S. to start full-scale promotional activities. She will go on local radio stations, tv programs and visit music stores to promote and increase awareness .

SM revealed that they will be taking highlights from the Eat You up mv by director Cha Eun Taek and showing them on large screens in New York and Los Angeles. The promotional video will be shown every 2 minutes at New York's Broadway and will continously be shown at LA's Wilshire Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.

The large screen promotions will continue for the next 3 months revealing other various clips in sequential order.

Plans on releasing her first album early next year and having a national tour have not changed. The title track off her album Look Who's Talking, which is a strong song but is not by the same team that made Eat You Up. The song has been completed along with the choreography.

6. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

^Interesting news ^_^
    Nice to see they're really trying to promote her well.

7. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

^ Yeah I know! and in LA! Woo! (Cept I hope nothing bad happens while she's there) Besides that... hope BoA doesn't stay in the US too long (as in a year), it may not be good. xP

Here's a mobile rip of Eat you up...

http://www.mediafire.com/?oyiqyyzzntn

It's like the largest single music file you'll see.. it's like 1500 kbps lol.. it's crazy.

8. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    The Asian version is absolutely fantastic, but the US version sucks. In order to get that PV up to US standards, she has to wear much skankier clothes and film in a actual locations. But the Asian one was perfect. It showed that she actually had a style, and the whole 'young-person-against-institution' theme is so over-used in the US that she would fit in really well (except hers is much better.)

9. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

At least they are showing the Asian version of the video in New York on the big screen every two minutes mwuahahahaha. I agree that Asian PV should fit the US standards already... *sigh* But yes, every two minutes seems a bit too much lol. should be like 3 or 4..

Go BoA! Expand America's knowledge of Asian music x]

10. MoonsaultV1

MoonsaultV1 Kenkyuusei

The American version was so bad. The montage was really cool I believe, but it was all downhill from there. XD The only part that I thought was really cool was the part where she was singing "If you move any closer boy there is no guarantee". That looked really trippy!

The editing was really, really choppy in it too and she just looked like a tasteless in the black, tacky leather costume with the orange lipstick.

I love the Asian version but The explosions and stuff were overdone. I feel the one where the guys glasses break and the clock exploding just make it so over the top. XD For the video to be more to the American standard they need to take out some of the explosions, because IMO, it's way too over the top.

Another thing that I'd say to help it is that they don't need the cuts between the two scenes where she is dancing from "Can't stop thinking 'bout the things I wanna do to you". They should just have the dancing scene used.

Other than that, the Asian version was the best version indeed <3. The dancing was so cool, even though she did the same move in the chorus each time, it looked sorta different because there was different angles. The whole PV had a flow to it and it didn't seem so random like the US video. I love it so much!

It's already hit No.2 on the Itunes dance charts in the US (No.1 being Just Dance by Lady GaGa) (don't know what rank it is currently, but in Japan Eat You Up was a No. 10 in the Itunes Top Songs (not dance) chart when I went to download it yesterday! =D

It also hit No.1 in Italy and Japan's Top Dance Songs on Itunes on her first day!

It's nice to see that she's having some decent rankings without even starting her promotions, I'll end up buying her album if it's good

11. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Personally, I think that over-the-top, testosterone-fueled imagery would help it in the US market. The US tends to like those sorts of corny, over-used elements.

12. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Totally forgot to say it yesterday....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BoA!
    May you have success in the US~

13. LAMAHdesu

LAMAHdesu Kenkyuusei

Yes BoA's bday yesterday XD .

gosh, words cannot explain how I felt when watching the US version .

Firstly, The intro was good, I loved the whole "flashback" thing, brought back some memories haha . Then it showed the 3D city thing? which lead into a window? . Thats when I started to cringe, Actually I was cringing ever since I saw the preview for the US version. So in that "window", there's a desert inside? o0; , A desert with the moon? . Seriously, we're they trying to go for the "Twilight" feel? .. wasn't happening. And OMGSH, I swear, who ever dressed her up in that black thing with that terrible make up ( EMPHASIZING THE LIPSTICK ) Really needs to re-think their career. And Diane Martel ? supposedly the "TOP of the top" directors in America ? .. Ehh no .. more like the top in making twilight themed MV's with cheap effects .. AND OMMMGSSH THE BACK UP DANCERSS !! ~ .. learn the movesss !! .. euuggh .. I'm just ranting off HAHA . But seriously, they either didn't know the moves, or they did something wrong .. They only bit I liked of the routine is the last bit, after the " I wanna take you to my room " however it goes ..

epic fail, thanks for making me laugh ..

14. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    i bought the vid and song for my zune yesterday, it's catchy geez :lol:

15. chraen

chraen Kenkyuusei

I don't like her accent. And I don't know how many people in America know BoA, but won't the general public just be laughing at this Asian girl trying to sing in English?

The U.S. PV was horrible anyway.

16. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Avex is trying to cover it up saying that it's not US version, but its Version B lol. Anyways, at least they are playing Version A in New York every 2 minutes lol.

17. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    well the one u buy is the japanese version at least so the US one isn't really being used that much anyway i guess, and I didn't find her accent funny at all, it didn't scream fob or anything. she sounded like she knew english

18. Tobi-uchiha

Tobi-uchiha Kenkyuusei

I love her Eat you up

19. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ I like the song, too, but the lyrics are so bad. XD

I like her accent. =P And maybe they won't care if she can speak English well, as long as the song's good. Who knows? =/

20. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

BoA went to the KIIS FM Jingle Ball....

[​IMG]
    From BoAjjang.

Had I known, I would've went! People from BoAjjang got to MEET her and even take PHOTOS! with her! Other than that... they got to hug her. yes. HUG. LUCKY!! LGJAKLGJA. (And they said she was small xP) Then she autographed the guy's phone LOL. Nice! I should start getting into BoA again... follow her in California hahaha. Maybe get to meet her and hug her x] That'd make my day.

*jealous*

She seems to not care about videotaping her either. Nice! I love Japanese singers like that. :p (Shokotan being the other whom I know who likes to see their fans personally.)

Photo of the phone taken from BoAjjang.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/ ... 013517.jpg

Some more photos... of course taken from BoAjjang.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/ ... 013402.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/ ... 013401.jpg

All taken by the fan I believe. So lucky!

And a video up on youtube of the people meeting BoA...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYNQIe2QuMs
    She's so beautiful! Makes me fall back into liking her again x]

Oh and her other song that's going to be on the album.

Look Who's Talking.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZMMVYZe3Nk

One reason why I would like BoA more over others, she's got the moves. Not many singers can do that :]