1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Call to Idols in Canada!

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Theatre' started by Justice Lawson, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Justice Lawson

Justice Lawson Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    imamuramaria
    So today I have started an idol project in Canada. We have no name as of yet and we are still looking for members.

We will be covering songs from AKB48 (+ Sister Groups) and other japanese idol groups. This means that we are in high need of volunteer translators and composers. Located in Alberta Canada we are hoping to show the local community that idols are a just as legitimate as any other type of musical group!

Also looking for 'song writers'.

This is all fan work and I hope to keep you all posted on this thread.

If anyone is interested please message lawsonsajustice@gmail.com

2. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Oh no. Not trying to ruin every group that's 48G based but did you get permission to use the songs? Do you have enough budget to hire staffs and pay for the girls?

Unlike you guys are only performing at conventions as fan covers, it's not going to work.

3. Justice Lawson

Justice Lawson Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    imamuramaria
    This is not for money. No ones getting paid. Everything is covered and is free. We will make sure to break no laws. Think of this group as an more advance dance group.

The only way people get paid is if we start making our own songs and selling merch. Not only that but AKB songs Arnt the only songs we will preform.

I don't think you understood what we are going for and if that's the case then you can probably blame my lack of social skills.

4. RelaxRelapse

RelaxRelapse Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    It's actually 100% legal to perform cover songs live, and relatively cheap if you were to get a license for streaming or selling.

5. Matsui Hikari

It's easy to get a license to sell and stream but what about songs themselves? The easiest way to understand it: even SNH has to pay for the songs so do you think a simple license to sell is enough?

6. RelaxRelapse

RelaxRelapse Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    For streaming and selling all you need to get is a Mechanical License. That being said you have to recreate the instrumental yourself. You can't take the pre-existing instrumental and use it then sell it without permission. I assume SNH uses the pre-existing instrumental and sings over it with permission.

7. Matsui Hikari

Aren't you still using the composed music and lyrics? As far as I know, unless the composer and/or lyricist state that people can take it without permission, they can sue the hell out of you. Especially if people start using it without giving some of their profit from the money they made.

8. RelaxRelapse

RelaxRelapse Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Yes, but they can't sue you. If you go through the proper licensing channels they already are granted royalties per stream or per track sold and are paid that way. You don't need written permission from anyone as long as you properly license it.

This is only for streaming and selling though. Anything else such as translations (derivatives), music videos, etc. are different/harder to acquire a license for.

9. ParuruYuria

ParuruYuria Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoda

YOUR IN ALBERTA? YOO! mee too!

10. jessiejinx

jessiejinx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu (Cuca)
    If I correct you do this on every topic that's says they want to do a cover group. Why ruin people fun

11. Matsui Hikari

They're not starting a "cover group". They legit want to start a group that is based on 48G and make their own name. It's much like SNH's situation. Do you see me going to online cover groups and doing this?