1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Dark AKB48G Songs

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 24, 2014.

1. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    I was wondering about this, actually. I can't quite grasp the story of JJ lol; what is it all about?

2. hinapyon

hinapyon Member

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Twitter:
    nagekinohina
    The verses describe the singer as having grown up with JJ (It’s a story from when we were kids) in a pretty rough town. (When the subway train covered in graffitti / The city doesn’t change, Even down to its broken fire hydrants / Kids are burning tires, It’s an abandoned ruin no one lives in). There's an allusion to one or both being criminals (Even in the illegal world, There are rules you have to follow)
    JJ has moved on from and abandoned both that world, and the singer, and has a family, which the singer is jealous of. (When I called his wife and his daughter, They hung up without saying a word, Did he find something he wants to protect from me?)
    The first chorus begins with I came to return what I borrowed from JJ, then after the line I pulled the trigger, On the gun that night, it becomes I returned what I borrowed from JJ, which to me implies that the gun was fired at JJ.
    What is left vague is what was 'borrowed'' exactly from JJ. (life? death? the gun? is it literal or metaphorical? i assume the latter.)

That's just my interpretation though. It's not like theres a right or a wrong.

JJ is one of my fave songs right now, it's amazing.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  3. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Hell yesssss :) When Tsugi no Ashiato first came out, for some reason, it didn't garner much attention.. and it made me sad. With a line-up like that, I figured the song would be unbeatable. And I was right. The arrangement is perfection to my tastes, I adore the lyrics and the skeezy nostalgic aspect of the lyrics, and DAT LINE-UP. Two of my 48 group oshis in one unit! And Mocchi got solo lines too :)

4. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    I wish the forum had a function of favoriting posts.

5. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I just thought of one that I'd forgotten! One of my favorite Team K songs… End Roll.

It has a very depressing song about letting go of love for someone.. and it has very seedy imagery too. I just picture like a dark, poorly lit dive-sort of bar in like the 40's or 50's… the cigar smoke, sweaty glass, talking about drinking one's memories away, etc. The lyrics of the chorus are beautiful sad. There's a feeling of resignation that gets me every time.

6. dannychucky

dannychucky Kenkyuusei

i think that "dark songs" is somewhere in middle cute and sad songs
    songs like 10 Krone to Pan, Party is Over, UZA and Ikiru Koto for me

7. Hitsuji

Hitsuji Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Of all the AKB48 songs, my favourite is UZA. Ikiru Koto is also pretty good, though I think the MV is a bit plastic in places. Yukirin and Akimoto Sayaka's Mushi no Ballad are gold.

On another note, does Show Fight! count? An MV with fake blood, black costumes, determination and lyrics like 'when you cut someone's lips/ they bleed' and 'beat them up/drive into them'. :confused: It would go into a box called Violence (Though Silenka's Murder or Four Horsemen examples could probably cover it somehow).

Another one I like but dont really know if it counts is MARIA.

8. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Some of the newer things added:

Juujun na Slave - Bondage, fixed relationship(?)
    Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai - End of War. Probably this was written when ISIS captured Japanese hostages.

9. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Guys I wanna ask several question. I'm sorry because i dunno where should I ask it.

1. Is there any song of 48 which music was made by Casio SK-1? Example of song that was made by such instrument is here, skip to 3:11.
    2. Name any of 48 song gloomier than Kaze wa Fuiteiru. Because I think it's gloomiest song of 48.

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    There are a lot of ways to interpret "gloomy" But as far as theme, tough to get gloomier than 'Rider'

11. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Ever heard of Hitei no Requiem from Saka Agari Stage? If my understanding of lyric is right, the refrain lyric depicts a suicide scene.

12. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Ah, I've heard that Rider was written after a fan who was killed on a traffic accident.

Never watched K5 tho because I never had oshimen on Team K.

OK. Thx guys for the help!

13. firecoral

firecoral Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Again, not quite the same feeling of Kaze wa Fuiteiru but the first time I actually paid attention to the lyrics of Keibetsu Shiteita Aijo was an experience.

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

15. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Kaze wa Fuiteiru is gloomiest song of 48 in my point of view, from its musical style.

It's different than likes of Uza & Beginner.

16. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I activate my spell card. Lol [hehe]
    Dare no Koto wo Ichiban Aishiteru(?)
    Somehow I imagine Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki everytime I play that song.

17. macchan

macchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    What about Black Flower? Are there other songs that go in that direction?

18. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Unfortunately, not really. Closest I can think of is 10krone to pan. The sound is similar with the music box at the beginning and the theme is pretty mix of gloomy/hopeful.

19. Bekti

Bekti Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Black flower because the rythm is so horror and become soundtrack of thiller drama crows blood

20. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Smh I think Threefold choice is the more cheerful and lighter version of Dare no Koto ga Ichiban Aishiteru?
    It has the same feeling.