1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Disbanded J-pop Girl Groups

Discussion in 'The Music Forum' started by milaya, Jul 1, 2007.

1. msnid

msnid Kenkyuusei

day after tomorrow , my favorite jpop band ever!!! :eek:

2. Daisuki Daiiyo

Daisuki Daiiyo Kenkyuusei

Was DAT a girl group? I just remember them having a female lead singing or something like that, but thats about it.

3. msnid

msnid Kenkyuusei

no, not girl group but jpop band with 3 member, Misono as vocalist, Masato Kitano as guitarist and Daisuke Suzuki as keyboardist

4. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

SweetS. <3 Over the last few days I've fallen in love with their second mini album, though I've loved the first for a long time (I own a copy). Did any of you hear that Miori's going to be in a movie next year?! I don't believe she has a lead part, but it's still exciting! =D Also, Mai apparently performed some of their songs in a solo performance last March, which is interesting.

My SweetS song of the moment is "into the daylight ~hikari sasu hou e~".

5. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

ZONE ;__; They were IMO one of the best girl groups. They had amazing songs, such as secret base ~Kimi ga Kureta Mono~, Yume no Kakera, Akashi, etc...I really feel sad about their disbandment, especially because I got into them very late.

SweetS used to belong to my fav girl groups, too. I loved their Grow Into Shining Stars, Love Like Candy Floss and such. But I lost track to them after a while, that's why I wasn't that affected by their disbandment.

6. Takamina

Takamina Kenkyuusei

I like Zone too! My favorite song is Shiroi Hana

7. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

Oh, I totally forgot about that song! That's really great, too. I love the PV, everybody's so pretty.

8. Takamina

Takamina Kenkyuusei

I agree with you!
    Lives are good too

9. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

Yea, although it seemed to be a difficult song. Miyu always had to try her best in the chorus.

10. shine_ever03

shine_ever03 Kenkyuusei

Man.....it's sad that ZONE got disbanded.
    I mean, I REALLY love their song "secret base ~Kimi ga Kure mono~".
    That's the song that made them popular.
    That's the song that got them to Kohaku.
    Hmm....I wonder how the members are doing...

And SPEED....they were THE group during the 90s.
    4 songs that sold more than a million copies.
    (ALL MY TRUE LOVE, my graduation, WHITE LOVE, STEADY)
    I mean they are the reason that Aragaki Yui decided to become a star.
    ...sure they rejoined again...but their popularity won't be the same as they had in the 90s....

11. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

Maiko formed the band MARIA, although they're not doing that well when it comes to sales.
    Miyu is solo singer, although her sales kinda suck, too.
    Tomoka is supposed to be a solo singer, too; never heard anything, though.
    Only one I don't know anything about what she's doing is Mizuho.

I only know SPEEED's songs WHITE LOVE and My Graduation but they're really amazing.
    I often listen to those two songs.

12. Hu0xing

Hu0xing Kenkyuusei

Wahaha...
    SPEED song is the first jap song I heard
    I alway like their song...
    Although it is a little bias as 2 sing and the other 2 mostly dance only :oops:

Not very recently...
    THEY ARE BACK!!! :shock:
    and came out a new single...
    hope they could continue and came out more new song ;)

13. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

Yea, SPEED have just made a comeback. I remember listening to a short preview of their comeback single, I think it was a middle-upbeat song. I guess I should listen to the full version, maybe it makes me getting a bit more into them.

14. b4sj

b4sj Kenkyuusei

Trinity, as the name suggests, is a three girl japanese group right back in 2000-2001, their only had 1 album & a few singles but i really like their songs.

Dream is another group which i used to like, but during the 3 girl period, because the songs then were more memorable for me rather than when they became a 8-member group (or however many, i didnt keep track after that). i still have their songs in my iRiver haha

15. Takamina

Takamina Kenkyuusei

I like this band too! I like their songs especially "Story" and "Night of Fire".

16. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

I used to listen to Dream, too; especially their Music Is My Thing was great!

And as Takamina mentioned Night Of Fire, that reminds me of HINOI team. I think they disbanded last year, too, right? Or at least they haven't released anything in ages, probably (or better definetely) because of their sales. Kinda a pity, they always had funny para para songs, such as Night Of Fire, King Kong and Ike Ike.

17. b4sj

b4sj Kenkyuusei

@Takamina
    :chuffed:

songs i like from Dream are SUBPAIN, EMBRACE ME (kinda trance), W.H.Y, Destine & Free as the Wind. ^^

story? which album is it from?

@Kana

lol i like HINOI Team also, there was a period of time i was into Eurobeat cause of Para Para (another old time XD)
    songs i like from Hinoi Team are Just For Me (from album), Play With The Numbers .. heard the original eurobeat versions.. :fear: :yikes:

18. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

OMG I know neither the mentioned songs by Dream nor the ones by HINOI team :shock: I think I have to give so many old bands a try again. I'm seriously too much into H!P xD (although H!P >>>>>> anything else <3)

19. Hellie

Hellie Kenkyuusei

Ah I loved Hinoi Team and Dream, too!

@b4sj:
    I also like play with the number by Hinoi Team^^ It´s my fav song!! ^^ I also like the pv even it´s a simple one! ^^

Dream is great! I saw Yu and Kana at a short Concert a few years ago (in germany) ^^ I like their songs but I don´t have a fav song ._."

20. b4sj

b4sj Kenkyuusei

@Kana
    please do, they really have alot of memorable songs ^^

@Hellie
    lol those para videos are fun~ haha
    but the fat guy -,-
    reminded me, my fav from Hinoi Team was Rina

whereas for Dream, didnt really had any favourite members, love them as a group :)

wow nice! i only saw Viyuden from H!P when they came singapore to promote japan XD
    & ayumi @ the 2002 MTV asia awards haha