1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Disbanded J-pop Girl Groups

Discussion in 'The Music Forum' started by milaya, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Hellie

Hellie Kenkyuusei

Yeah! The strange guy was... strange *lol* no I´m not sure I don´t like him so much! XD Maybe I would think he is funnier if he would wear more clothes :D

Well I like their songs (dream) but it is not a group which I fell in love with XD

ah cool! viyuden *_* and ayumi?? I´m jealous ;_; I only saw dream, blood, Haruko Momoi, M.o.v.e. and Rikki ;_; all in germany XD but I would love to see Ayumi >-<" or AKB *lol*

2. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

I've never been to any concert or such, that's why I've never seen a famous (Japanese) person before ;_; (Aside from Mangakas xD)

AKB48 in Germany? Hell yeah, that would be amazing *-*

3. Hellie

Hellie Kenkyuusei

@Kana:
    XD do you go to the connichi this year? There are rumors that Haruko Momoi is there again :D And we would met *_*

4. Takamina

Takamina Kenkyuusei

It's from 7th Anniversary Best

[​IMG]

5. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

@Hellie
    Unfortunetely not. No time, no money T_T

@b4sj
    I'll make sure to give them a try again soon^^ It's important that even or better especially disbanded bands remain memorable, as it would be a waste to just forget about them.

Btw, how could I have forgotten!? There's still TWO-MIX to be mentioned here! The greatest duo the J-Pop world has ever formed. Their songs, esp. Break, White Reflection, Truth ~A great Detective of Love~ and Last Impression are so AMAZING! It's really a pity only a few people know about them nowadays..

6. b4sj

b4sj Kenkyuusei

@Hellie

i was at like the very last row @ the furthest away seat in the stadium, so ayumi would be like the size of my forefinger LOL
    but since me & my friend were the only one waving & jumping around with no one around us, she turned up & waved to us HAHA

i remember for viyuden i was about 6-7 rows from the front, & i was shouting for rika, but she never looked my way T-T (must think im some pervert DX) but erika & okada did lol

@Takamina

oh its the later evolution of Dream, ok now i need to go find that & give it a try ^^

@Kana

hmm, memorable, like how MAX turned out now? as in they got back Mina, but everything has changed *sigh*

7. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

MAX? I don't think I've ever heard about them. Is/was that a famous group?

8. b4sj

b4sj Kenkyuusei

MAX was a somewhat popular group, partly their influence of Eurobeat songs around 1997.
    Used to be backup dancers for Namie Amuro under the name of Super Monkeys.
    in 2002, one of their members "retired" coz she was pregnant, & they brought in a "sub" aki from another defunct Avex group, but recently the retired member decided to come back, so they "let go" (to make it sound nicer meh) the sub.

They havent had any singles out recently i believe, not very sure about that though, also never keep track nowadays, because of AKB48 lol

again im not tryin to promote another artiste in AKB48 board, but heres a link for their info XD
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAX_(band)

PS OMG they sold 10 million records??!!, ok used to be famous then :^^;:
    sorry its been too long. i still bought their stuff up til the "retired" member

9. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

I see, thanks for the info!
    They must have been really famous then for selling so many records.
    The members are quite old; it's hard for a 'girl band' with such 'old' members to survive nowadays, as the age-average of girl bands in Japan is like 16-18 years.

10. Perfume_Lover

Perfume_Lover Kenkyuusei

I like some songs of SPEED, they are good ^^

11. shine_ever03

shine_ever03 Kenkyuusei

I just realized......
    Nobody mentioned about Whiteberry!!!
    They also disbanded in 2004.....
    I like their song "YUKI", "Natsumatsuri", and "Sakuranabikimichi"

12. Kenji

Kenji Kenkyuusei

I began listening to and became a huge fan of ZONE early of last year (2008) only just to find out that they were disbanded in late 2008.....I felt sort of sad when I found out..... :(

13. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

MAX has released another new song with Mina in it, sorry I forgot the title but I'll try to find out.

SPEED...haven't got their new releases since the album Bridge. How many of them, if someone can tell me?

ZONE : that's one great band. I like all of their singles. In fact, I like almost all of their songs. I have a band that covers ZONE. ;)

14. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

I've only heard Natsu Matsuri.
    I had never heard of them before. But my Japanese host gave me a bunch of her old J-pop cds and among them was Whiteberry's Natsu Matsuri.
    I like it a lot. I've listened to it a lot al ready :)

15. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

:shock: Are there any song rips available?

16. shine_ever03

shine_ever03 Kenkyuusei

Yeah....Natsumatsuri is the song that got Whiteberry to stardom.
    It is the cover version of JITTERINN'JINN's "Natsumatsuri" (1990).
    That is the most well known song of Whiteberry, but their other songs are also good....:)

17. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I was just going to make a thread about Onyanko Club, but I figured I'd check if they were included here and... yes they are :lol:

Onyanko Club was amazing! Even though they disbanded on the year when I was born, whenever I listen to their songs I get such a bright feeling! I always get dancing along their songs, they were the best idols IMO.

*runs off to write about them on her blog*

18. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

Totally agree. Onyanko Club still rules :V:

19. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

Years passing by, I'm still listening to SweetS stuff. Love like candy floss is the best song from them. Haruna FTW. <3

20. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

^ Couldn't agree more about the Haruna part.
    She was my favourite member. She's awesome.
    I would wish she would return some way to the music business.